Now I Am Stupid

I went to work today, meaning landlady duty, and I have been told this one has moved someone in without letting me know. When I told her last month she will owe more she told me she left. Okay that was over. Nope 2 nights later her car was back and had been every night since. I stop by there last and the woman told me she is not living there, she just visits and sometimes spends the night. What??? Now I am stupid! I just told her she is breaking the lease an walked off. She is warned. I do not know what the problem is, that woman works so why not pay the small fee for moving in on the tenant? Round 2 with this tenant. I went to one of the houses I am selling and I was invited inside and I wass in awe of how the house looked. Not good. He was not there so I will have to have a talk with him. I can`r wait till God blesses me with a million or two dollars, I will dump these houses so fast the pen won`t remember me signing them over. Does your job frustrate your? Do you ever wonder how people can be so unclean? Why do people lie, even when they are caught?
The job of a landlady or landlord is not an easy one. Some people are just nasty - simple as that.
Not just that, the floor tiles are gone, industrial glued down tiles!
I wouldn't want to be a landlord I don't think.
Its rough sometimes.
I read where the tiles have gone but where have they gone? Has he pulled them up - and if so why? And yes, some people think they can get away with anything. It's good you're on the ball. You need to be.
I have no idea where the tiles are
@Morleyhunt (19894)
And that is the number one reason I am no longer a land lady. Late rent payments....pets that are not supposed to be there....destruction of property.....
And this is why I want to be off the grid, I would not need so much money to live on.
@kobesbuddy (49829)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You have gone the extra mile with all your tenants. That woman is determined, to take a boarder into that home. Find out who she is and find out her mailing address. This will clear it up, who's actually living in the resident. If a tenant choose to live like a pig, I'd give him a warning about cleaning it up, or an eviction notice.
The law is not that simple.
@kobesbuddy (49829)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry I sometimes wonder, if laws were made to protect the criminals.
My uncle has rented out houses for along time and he's dealt with a lot too people the places etc so he doesn't put much work into making them look to nice. Pretty dad renters are like that so often. What is the reason you charge a small fee for an extra person living there? I know when my brother in law rented out the bottom of their house the lease didn't allow boyfriends or something like that.
I do put work in my houses, I do not rent a house out I would not live in myself. For each person the rent goes up. The reason is from the past when I had a tenant invite a dozen people to live with her. Boyfriends/ girlfriends are allowed BUT not put on the lease.
@shaggin No I do not pay any bills.
@Namelesss (1394)
You have a difficult and thankless job. I don't envy you but I do admire you.
Admire? Why?
@Namelesss (1394)
@andriaperry For not knocking the 'stupid' out of that tenant. lol
Too many imponderable questions there. Sometimes my job frustrates me, sometimes I frustrate me. Hope you get everyone to toe the line.
Its been good and now a few months things are going down hill with this one.
Oh my. That's incredibly frustrating. Your job is difficult.
Its been good for a long time.
It's not their property so they don't worry about it..
Yep, that is it.
@andriaperry People will try to get away with anything, maybe it's just human nature.
Its because they have always got away with it.
Oh dear. Being a landlady is definitely a frustrating job. I also hope that one fine day you no longer have to be a landlady. On occasion, I was frustrated when I taught. I was never frustrated with the students, but frustrated with colleagues who thought, incorrectly, that they knew all.
I know what you mean on that too
I often wonder how some people can be so unclean. Luckily most people are clean here.
I did not know people are this bad till I got the rentals.
@andriaperry When we went around shopping for an apartment for our niece I have seen horrible things.
@LadyDuck Yes I know who wants to rent a filthy house?
I don’t know why you don’t just sell the properties and unload the hassles from your life!
Its my income.
@andriaperry I'd sell and invest. Less hassle!
@NJChicaa That may be the long term deal but not the near ffuture.
I can answer that better if you tell me what the law there states as living in a dwelling.Here you have to Sleep in a unit 30 days to live there. If you made out an agreement she is not doing right. . But as for the other part, it creeps me out to see the things people do. But it's not that bad since so many people wear shoes in the house. Might as well not bother cleaning. When I went to ssi to find out about my dating situation they said Sleeping for 30 days means you live there. When I let kay stay here I had a hell of a time getting her out. I hope no day ever comes that someone sleeps here 30 days. I know people that shacked up 10 years. They are working it against the rules. I could not live with myself doing that.
Here if you sleep there, eat there and bathe there, you live there.
@andriaperry Ok,I was wondering because of it being a different location. I hope it gets better for you. Take it easy.
@vandana7 (66160)
In the first case, the tenant is subletting, meaning she is collecting the rent from that other "visitor" and paying you only what is on paper. Rent collection out here is cake walk. One of the tenants is vacating at the end of March. I already have two people sending feelers..there is shortage, and they don't want others to get a chance. They are so desperate that they will undertake supervision of repairs. Suits me.
Wow! That is desperate. Once I rented a place and got free rent for three months and no cleaning/ damage deposit because the apartment was so nasty. I lived there almost 2 years before moving here.
Oh gosh, being a landlord must be frustrating - I know I couldn't do it. They know you are not stupid, but they are playing stupid hoping to buy as much time as they can get away with.
Yes, I think so too
I'd sell it all and let someone else deal with those lowlifes.
I have sold half of them already, as for sale by owner, one is almost paid off.
I think I would just sell the houses.
Easier aid than done.
This sounds like one of the more frustrating jobs out there. Ugh.