No Pool For Me

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I did laundry yesterday. All was good. I got home and started folding it, and then it happened. I'm a product of parental abuse, in other words, my kids beat me up when they were kids, and my husband let them. I've had many broken ribs to the point where I have soft ribs and it doesn't take much to break or bruise them. Yesterday while folding laundry, I leaned over the basket and my rib gave out, it moved in a way it's not supposed to and I gave out a sudden cry of pain. The first day of a bruised or broken rib isn't always a bad day. It hurts, and I hope it will not be as bad as I think it could be. Sleeping was a lot of fun - not, but it was doable. I sleep on my stomach, so sleeping on a bruised rib is not comfortable, but I make do. I got up at my usual time this morning, and thought about going back to bed, but maybe later. I do have a hair appointment this morning. I e-mailed my friend and told her I wouldn't be at the pool for maybe a week. At least until I could breathe without it hurting to do so. Then I got dressed and did something that brought the pain to the surface, so it's going to be the long haul in healing. At least I can say with certainty, it isn't broken. Only bruised. It should heal faster, I hope. It takes six weeks to heal a broken rib. I hope a bruised one heals faster. I want to get back to the pool, but it's too painful to do anything. My plans for today are my hair appointment followed by a nap maybe and editing Thread of Evidence. I couldn't work on it at all yesterday with laundry and Writer's Guild. I have three weeks to get it finished and to my publisher. How is your day going? Thanks for reading.
My goodness. I hope your rib feels better.
Thank you. I hope it heals fast.
Take it gentle and easy and let the rib heal.
I plan on it. You never know how many muscles are affected until you hurt something.
@just4him Valerie, I am so so sorry what your kids did to you. Why did they do that? I can see why he is your ex. What a horrible person. I was on a bus once and fell forward and hurt my ribs. I know how painful that can be. I hope it heals soon. Does it act up when the weather is not good?
The ribs aren't affected by the weather. My oldest didn't like discipline and gave it right back to me. I got it more from him than the other two.
@just4him That is horrible. So, how are they now since they are older?
@Hannihar My older son regrets his actions. My other children also.
@leny34 (7741)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I am very sad to hear what they did to you, I don't think they should have done that to you, I hope they will soon realize it
They have. Thank you.
@leny34 (7741)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
@just4him your are welcome....
OMG, this is not good news for you. I am so sorry to read about this and what the kids did to you. It seems that you did not have a very happy life before. I wonder why the kids did that to you. Sending my best wishes for a FAST recovery.
My oldest did not like discipline and thought he could dish it back. My other two didn't fight back as much as he did. Thank you. I'm hoping it heals quickly too. No, it wasn't a happy life. I'm happier now than I ever was before.
I hope that your pain will ease
Thank you.
@Icydoll (29377)
My day is going well dear friend..I'm just mylotting now .
I'm glad you're having a good day.
@responsiveme (21741)
I hope your ribs get mended soon for you not to hurt and you can go back into the pool
Thank you. It is my hope too.
You ALLOWED your children to hit you? And you didn't knock them on their a$$es? That is pretty insane.
It's called children's rights. If I had disciplined them more than I did, they would have considered it child abuse. It was okay for them to hit me for disciplining them. Our government is messed up in that way.
@just4him You could have pushed them away to defend yourself. It was insane to let them hurt you.
@NJChicaa I did push them away. It didn't help but aggravated the situation.
@porwest (11778)
Terrible that your kids did that to you. I cannot imagine treating my parents in such a way, but it happens. Sorry to hear it. And sorry you are still experiencing the after effects of this. I think I read you are doing better now. Take care of yourself.
Yes, it's better or I'm tolerating it better. Either way, I was back in the pool on Friday.
@porwest (11778)
@just4him Well, certainly am glad to hear that you are feeling better now.
@porwest Thank you.
@Karenmm (904)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am so sorry....if you were my neighbor or living closer to me I could have come over and helped you a bit.... but you don't....wish you a quick recovery.... I have never broken a rib but I sure know it's painful
Thank you. You have a kind soul.
@Karenmm (904)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It's good to help one another... that is what I was tought from the beginning of my childhood....Thank you.
@Karenmm Yes, it is.
Hope it takes way less time than 6 weeks to heal.
Me too. I told my friend I would be back next week in the pool. I hope I am. I miss the best part of my day - pool and social interaction when I can't be there.
@just4him yeah that's no fun. So fingers crossed for you
@Courtlynn Thanks. I should be back.
@1hopefulman (36255)
I have had a couple of bad experiences with ribs and it took a long time to heal and when I coughed it was very painful. I hope that your rib heals fast. I have heard of parental abuse but never known anyone that has been a victim. How do they feel now about what they did?
They regret their actions. Yes, coughing, sneezing, walking, breathing. It all hurts.
@1hopefulman (36255)
@just4him I'm glad they regret their actions. Hopefully, they will never think of doing such a thing ever again.
@1hopefulman I don't think they will.
Maybe you should consult a doctor for those ribs. At least he can recommend for an X-ray and give the proper intervention to eventually eliminate the pain.
It's useless. There's nothing they can do for bruised or broken ribs. They just need to heal.
I am so sorry you experienced that. Take it easy on yourself today, and let your ribs heal.
I'm doing my best. As long as I don't move or breathe, I'm fine. Since I need to do both, I try to do it as minimally as possible.
Oh, that is just what you don't need. I do hope you heal quickly. And that Thread of Evidence goes to plan.
Thank you. I got another chapter done today and very glad my new haircut and color didn't suffer the consequences of all the hair pulling I did working on it.
@Elizaby (4301)
• Pensacola, Florida
Praying for a quick healing so you can get back in the pool and enjoy the season without pain
Thank you. I appreciate the prayers.
I do hope it does not take too long for your bruised rib to heal. Sure not fun having to slow down due to an injury.
Thank you. No, it's not good to slow down, but maybe I needed to.
• Midland, Michigan
Oh goodness, Valerie, that's awful. I've never heard of kids beating up parents before. How old were they sitting that time? Is this the first time your ribs have popped out or has it happened from time to time. I would think your weight loss would help this not happen, but I don't really know. Would wearing an ab brace help heal your ribs faster? I know it's not good to wear them all the time but possibly at least when you're out and about. You'd have to do some research before considering that idea to be sure. But it might be an idea. I will pray it heals fast I found a link for various braces for several things. I may find out if over might benefit me.
Https://braceability.com/products
They were pre-teen and teen at the time. It happens from time to time. Usually when I'm touching my torso to what I'm leaning over. Though I was leaning over the laundry basket, I didn't touch the basket. So, it was a freak accident as I leaned over. Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate it.
@aureliah (21614)
• Kenya
Sorry about the bruised rib. I hope you feel better soonest
Thank you.