Was there life before Adam and Eve?!?

Adam and Eve first family or new breed?!? - Were Adam and Eve the first humans on this planet or are they a need breed on a dying planet to REPLENISH it?!?
I know all of the theories that Adam and Eve (I even know about Lilith) were the very first two humans upon this Earth but there is a word in the Bible that does not sit well with this theory and is damn near cotradictory in this matter. That word would be "REPLENISH" as from The Holy Bible in Genesis 1:27-28: "27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." In order to RE-PLENISH something it had to be plenished before. For example how do you refill your glass of soda if it were not filled prevously?!? How do you REPLENISH something that has never been plenished (yes it is a real word, look it up if you cannot take my word for it or just go here: http://www.onelook.com/?w=plenish ). So tell mee, if the Bible is the infallable Word of God and God says to REPLENISH the Earth to Adam and Eve, does that not state that there was human life here BEFORE Adam and Eve and that life is all gone (or very close to it) and now it is up to Adam and Eve to REPLENISH this formerly plenished world? If this is to much of a denial of all you've been taught and believe can you ATLEAST admit that it is POSSIBLE? So once again here is one of my religous thought and your submissions will be greatly appriciated and most welcomed, I just ask please no hurt feelings nor anger. So tell mee what you think?!?