Anyone Else Love Dairy Produces But Hate The Taste Of Milk?

Canada
June 19, 2009 12:02am CST
For some reason, since the time I was about 6 years old, I have hated the taste and texture of milk, but I absolutely love eating dairy products such as ice cream, sour cream, things with yogurt in them, cheese, chocolate... etc. I just don't like the taste and texture of milk, for some reason. I can't even explain it. Anyone else out there hate the taste and texture of milk, but love other dairy products?
5 people like this
14 responses
@Darkwing (21583)
22 Jun 09
I went off it when I got to about my teenage stage. The problem was, in those days, we were made to drink those one-third of a pint sized bottles when we were at school and I think it got a bit too much in the end. I haven't drunk milk on its own for a long while... I can drink milk shake, but I use skimmed milk all the time now. Like you, I love other dairy products, but milk I use to the minimum. Brightest Blessings.
@ZephyrSun (7381)
• United States
19 Jun 09
I really hate the taste of milk but will eat all other dairy products. I can usually drink skim milk without wanting to puke but I don't really like it I thought I was the only one
1 person likes this
@stephcjh (38473)
• United States
19 Jun 09
I used to hate the taste of regular milk. I would drink chocolate or strawberry mix in it though. I just recently started liking milk and started with whole milk and now I am drinking 2% because it is healthier for me.
1 person likes this
@icesmile (7160)
• Romania
19 Jun 09
Hi, i want say that this happened with me when i was kid....my mother was crazy because i really don t like the taste of milk...you can imagine a kid who don t want to drink milk? My mother make a great effort to make me drink milk, make all combination, and i like to drink milk just with cocoa. So, even now, i drink just milk with cocoa, and i like a lot, but never drink milk nothing inside. But i adore ice cream, or yogurt, cheese, so...all what is with with milk i like,but never just milk. Is strange really
1 person likes this
• United States
19 Jun 09
Me too! I hate drinking milk but I like it when you mix some chocolate flavouring with it. I really like cheese, sour cream, chocolate and ice cream. Not a big fan of yogurt but I do enjoy eating it. It's just that I don't eat it as much as the others.
1 person likes this
@Mayuko (1268)
• United States
3 Jul 12
That's definitely me. I hate tasting plain milk but I enjoy eating ice cream, yogurt & some cheeses. And now, I find I have a bad reaction when I drink cow milk, but other dairy products don't bother me. And even though I drink soy & almond milk, I still don't like to taste the milk
@34momma (13882)
• United States
22 Jun 09
i am not sure why i love ice cream and cheese and other dairy products but OMG i can't stand the taste of milk. it just taste nasty to me and makes my stomach hurt. i know how important it is to get our daily vitamin D, but i rather find it in other things besides milk.
• United States
19 Jun 09
Hi twin! I feel the exact way about milk. I stopped drinking it when I was about 6 because of the lack of taste.But I love cheese and yogurt and ice cream but not milk.
@arkaf61 (10881)
• Canada
20 Jun 09
Hmm... well I will drink milk if it's nice and cold. The texture is fine for me. The taste... well it's a bit different from the taste I got used back home ( interesting how we don't even think about small things like that , but they become quite real when we move to a different place -. But back to milk, I don't really like the taste that much in here, but I used to love the taste of it back home. |The rest of the dairy family... I love it all :)
@ElicBxn (63235)
• United States
19 Jun 09
that would be me I find milk, well, plain milk, just undrinkable. I also find it gives me a stomach ache. And I was 12 when this started.
@CatsandDogs (13963)
• United States
19 Jun 09
Yup! ME!!!! lol My mom is the same way so I took after her. We both can't stand the taste of milk but to mix it with chocolate or strawberry to get rid of that milky taste then it's great! But to drink white milk will make us gag!! YUCK! But yet, we like some ice cream, we love sour cream and cheese. Weird? Maybe. But who cares?! LOL
@saundyl (9783)
• Canada
22 Jun 09
I dont really like dairy products - I'm lactose intolerant so i end up in pain if i eat them. however i do hate the taste of milk its very very icky to me...even worse if you eat eggs with it! I do love yougurt I'm told however that the way yogurt is processed cause it to not have lactose.
@bing28 (3795)
• Philippines
20 Jun 09
Even me at my old age, I don't like the taste of pure milk. I only drink milk when used as a coffee creamer, also when added to hot chocolate and now also added to tea. I love milk tea however as substitue for coffee. We love to eat dairy products as well.
• Philippines
22 Jun 09
That's me! Ever since when I was little, I used to have a 'yaya' or a nanny they call it. She always forced me to drink milk every morning before school which I so hated. I remember requesting a glass of water next to my milk when served because I have a way of drinking it. I take a sip of water and then hold my breath. I drink the whole glass of milk while still holding my breath. Once consumed, I drink the the glass of water and then gasp for air. I hate the taste and smell of milk....but love dairy products like icecream and chocolates.