North Korea

United States
June 22, 2009 12:57am CST
What a fool would launch a long range missile into American Air Space. The world would truly be rocked...
2 people like this
6 responses
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
23 Jun 09
I dont know where this little country can really threaten us. But the feller running the country must truely be nuts to tel us that that country is a country to be reaconed with!. I think they need to board that ship and find out what is on it! and then act upon what they find if its weapons take them away from them and then Fine that country a great price!
2 people like this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
24 Jun 09
thanks
• United States
24 Jun 09
I agree... Great response...
1 person likes this
22 Jun 09
Hi Gary, North Korea seems to be getting away with doing what they want to and I think the rest of the world are scared of them, America should do something about it before it gets out of hand and too late for talks, it is darn scarey. Tamara
• United States
24 Jun 09
Those kinds of threats lead to a break down in communication we are not in a position to negotiate. We are now in a position to watch and observe if this is a threat that could be real or just hype and fancy rhetoric to try and alarm our nation. Either way it is not good if it is true, I'm still not convinced that it isn't a bunch of made up hooey by someone who wants to lead our nation into war, and that someone can be a citizen of America a red blooded traitor!
1 person likes this
@DavidReedy (2378)
• United States
24 Jun 09
I'm not even sure what to think of this... This guy does seem truly nuts, but is he that stupid? Is it possible that there's other forces at play here? Or more likely, it's all just a bunch of (conveniently distracting) pandering. DR...
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Jun 09
I'll slide in with media hype... I'm very suspicious after the past eight years of misinformation. Do you think anything will ever change? If so how? I'm thinking other forces at work obviously, and yes distractions...
@clrumfelt (5490)
• United States
23 Jun 09
The curious thing to me is that Obama has plans to dismantle our military and get rid of our defensive arsenal. Maybe instead of shooting back at N. Korea, he would want to simply turn the other cheek as an example of a peaceful world.
1 person likes this
• United States
24 Jun 09
Then why aren't all of our troops out of the Middle East? President Obama is not a fool!
1 person likes this
@clrumfelt (5490)
• United States
24 Jun 09
It remains to be seen how his foolish foreign policies will play out in terms of the rogue nations who oppose the USA. I don't say Obama is a fool, but I believe some of his policies toward enemies of the USA have made us appear weak. Our enemies may see this as the best opportunity to carry out their evil intentions on the USA. We shouldn't underestimate any nation's ability to launch an effective attack on the USA, or their willingness to use nuclear weapons or WMDs against us.
@bdugas (3578)
• United States
22 Jun 09
I know it would be viewed as a act of war and would bring strong retalation back onto them. I think they are testing Obama to see what he will do, I believe Obama's place is to protect this country to the very end and I would expect him to take it as a act of war.
2 people like this
• United States
24 Jun 09
I have to wonder about the direction of travel, there are too many countries that would not want such an object be it a blank test fired over their lands and across their airspace. Be it an armed missile and all bets are off... I think someone basically summed it up below, allow me to correct their premise. If North Korea launches a long range missile on July 4th there is a good chance that America will shoot it out of the sky. The news on July 5th will be filled with reports of a great crater where North Korea used to exist. I can see that as a very plausible scenario... I don't like it but I can envision that as a possibility.
1 person likes this
@nanajanet (4436)
• United States
22 Jun 09
Things are much different than in the days of the Korean and Vietnam conflicts. I think that they would be sorry if that ever happened.
2 people like this
• United States
24 Jun 09
I agree with you...
1 person likes this