Acid rain between Jan 20 to Jan 28-Is this true or a rumour?

@kalav56 (11464)
India
January 20, 2010 6:07am CST
Please do not wet yourselves if any rain in between Jan 20 to Jan 28 as it is predicted to be a Chemically strong (Acid Rain) due to recent Solar Eclipse- Dear friends, Please read this Forward and share your views- [Here there is no chance of any rain whatseoever].It is getting hot Have you seen or read anything else related to this?IDo you know any scientific explanation for this ?
4 people like this
19 responses
• United States
21 Jan 10
I have been told for the longest time that the rain that pours down in California was not safe to drink or shower in, but I never believed it. I went outside in the rain today and nothing bad happened to me.
1 person likes this
• United States
21 Jan 10
We have purification systems. Doesn't everyone?
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
here the corporation water doesn't get purified enough to drink.It is just good , and harmless for bathing or other use.We purify it for drinking.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
Is it so?THen how do you manage water for your daily household needs in California?
1 person likes this
@bjcyrix (6901)
• Philippines
20 Jan 10
I didnt hear anything about this in the news. I would have to guess that it's either we are not up to date about these kind of things, or we're just not affected by it. It is a rare thing for rain to come in these days but we just never know when it is gonna come. So I would still be cautious if ever rain would come in those dates that you've mentioned. Ill also try and keep a watchful eye if there is any news about this in our locality. Thanks for the information. Prevention is better than cure anyway.^_^
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
Thanks for the participation and if you come across news regarding it would be great if you share it.I shall also do the same.
1 person likes this
@bjcyrix (6901)
• Philippines
24 Jan 10
Well, its halfway through the dates that was mentioned. So far there's no more news about this. There was a slight drizzle the other day but no news if it was acid rain. That would seem like good news, right?
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
24 Jan 10
No news is good news as the saying goes.Bjcyrix, here it is definitely so.
@zed_k4 (17589)
• Singapore
20 Jan 10
Thanks, I'll try to look for any information pertaining to this. But if anything, I'd say it's best to not get wet in any rain at all, because it can cause flu. Thanks for this thought, it's already Jan 20th, hmmmmp..
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
That is definitely true.Here it is not cold but in many parts of northern India it would be cold and of course other parts of the world it would be freezing.So, why get wet in rain and get flu?THANKLS FOR the participation.
1 person likes this
@zed_k4 (17589)
• Singapore
21 Jan 10
You are welcome.. it's pretty humid here in Singapore too. Sometimes it becomes hot all the way and I totally need a cold shower.
21 Jan 10
It is real news to me .until now I did not hear about the acid rain .Oh god it saounds so treacherous .God forbid such a horrible deed .
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
There is no proof that the statement is true.If it were real, would the newspapers and media not have been bubbling with sensational news?
@Roseo8 (2947)
• India
23 Jan 10
Hello Kala...Oh no this is all nonsense..There are many myths associated with the various eclipses and this is another one of them. I cannot understand how there can be chemical rains after the eclipse....You know some school kids here were telling that their grandparents/parents actually told them that the solar eclipse was caused when a snake (Ketu) swallowed the moon and spit poison...But on watching the solar eclipse LIVE these children said that they got the chance to see and understand the truth with their own eyes....
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
23 Jan 10
Well these are tales handed down generations.Children who not get proper education would continue to believe these tales carried forward.It is unfortunate.
@Kent90 (71)
• Malaysia
21 Jan 10
well, i do not known anythings about this and thanks for your infomation. but basically i dont believe this but we have to prepare. most sceintific prediction is not 100% real. it is just prediction. may be and may be not. anyway, be careful for that period.
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
Howevver this is not a t all a scientific prediction.As Hatley had rightly pointed out there would have been some news about this in the papers or media and I do not know why people send staements like this in the internet
@drannhh (15219)
• United States
20 Jan 10
I have never heard of that before, but the fact is that acid rain does not hurt people's skin. It only harms our environment, slowly over time. It might kill fish and frogs if they live in it a while, but there is no danger of bathing in it or getting wet while taking a walk. In fact in some parts of the world acidic water is used on purpose as a disinfectant and to help plants thrive. I personally use a water alkalizer, reserving the alkaline water for cooking and drinking and using the acid run-off for facials and to nourish my thriving plants. Of course my acid water does not contain pollutants because I filter it before putting it through the process. Acid rain, by contrast, could over time endanger certain plants. Here is an informative write-up about acid rain done by a teacher: http://www.epa.gov/acidrain/education/site_students/whatcauses.html
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
That was a great response drannh and thanks for the information and participation.I was not aware of these things and am glad to have started the discussion.
@vijayanths (7877)
• India
20 Jan 10
I have no idea about the recent solar eclipse causing this acid rains. May be it is true, or may be not. As you said we can be a little more careful on that, it does not cost us anything, so thanks for sharing the information Kala.
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
We do not know about the veracity of the statement Vijayanths and I am looking for some information on this.I w ill let you know if I stumble upon something.THanks for the participation.
@paula27661 (15811)
• Australia
22 Jan 10
I don’t know anything about acid rain and I have not heard that solar eclipses can bring it on. It may just be superstition. I Googgled acid rain and indeed there is such a thing; it is rain that is contaminated by acid in the atmosphere and can be quite damaging to the environment...Something to do with sulphur and nitrogen pollutants. I learnt something new today...
@VANILLAREY (1470)
• India
20 Jan 10
Sounds like an internet prank or whatever it is called. There has been no such reports in news. Besides what is the relation between solar eclipse and acid rain?
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
That was what I thought would be discussed in the forum if I put it up for discussion.We will get some information with proof whether it is real or not .THanks for the participation.
@jb78000 (15139)
20 Jan 10
acid rain has nothing whatsoever to do with solar eclipses. i think enemy of the empire has given you a detailed answer above.
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
yes jb78000!So has enemy ofthe empire and I thank him for it.THanks for the response and sharing your views on the subject.
• India
20 Jan 10
i never heard about this acid rain before and i think it is rumor like the prediction of 2012
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
I too feel the same ;it is perhaps a rumour.That is why I brought this up for discussion.Thanks for the particiption.
• India
20 Jan 10
This is the first time i got this information before that i don't aware of this ,i think in point of view it will never happening because,acid rain is just rum-our this is not true ,they just tell fake information about these,especially i don't have trust in this ,and this my view about acid rain.
1 person likes this
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
I too have not heard of this and am tryng to look up some more sutes for information regarding this.We will see what other people have to say about this.THANKS for dropping by.
• India
21 Jan 10
I first time hear about acid rains. Is such rainy happened earlier. It is really remarkable. Then which part of the world such rainy would happen?
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
IT seems there is not much truth in the statement.Don't worry; read through some of the other responses and you will also get some links and more information on this.
@Sreekala (34312)
• India
21 Jan 10
Hi Kala, I have not seen the news (sorry dear I am irregular on reading news paper) and don’t have any information about the same. But I remember there was some red rain in Mumbai last time when solar eclipse occurred. Earlier Kerala also received some red rain and it shows anything may happen. Here we are facing severe winter and there is no sign of rain (we received rain last week and it dipped the temperature again). So I think we can’t ignore it completely, there may be some variations in the atmosphere due the eclipse. After all Sun is the base and all living things are much depended on SUN.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
Red rain indeed! This is news to me[and if it is not harmful how colourful would it look!].Thanks for the participation.
@Hatley (163781)
• Garden Grove, California
21 Jan 10
kalav56 I think this is really pretty stupid in that if there was such a chance it would be put on the news. here in southern California its raining heavily all week but have not seen anyone who complained of having acid rain on them or being hurt .where do these silly things get started? I am going to snopes this as its just too absurd to my way of thinking. I will comment back. soon.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
Thanks you HATLEY for the response and sharing your views on the subject. As such there havbe been some helpful hints and links here in thsi forum and this is why I started the topic for discussion.As such thee is no indication of rain , any rain whatsoever in our place and the winter itself is on its way out.
@arthi_88 (1516)
• India
21 Jan 10
Well as far as I know acid rain can't happen without Sun's energy and light so I would say its a rumour..Its hot there? Here we are waiting for the winter to end as it has become almost unbearable! WIll search if anything as such has been forecasted though..Thanks for informing.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
21 Jan 10
Hi Arthi!Only yesterday, the thought crossed in my mind that I have not seen you for quite some time.How are you?THanks for the participation.
@nemrac12 (388)
• Philippines
20 Jan 10
i dont know about this and really no idea. but if it will be true , we have to be careful and not to go out???
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
I do not know if it is true.I was just reading through the link , yjr ealrier response had given and am searching for surther information.Let us hope for some more explanations.
@warwic (33)
• India
20 Jan 10
i reading it 1st time on ur post only.i never heard that there gonna be acid rain after solar ecllips.i think it happens becoz of pollution in atmostpher.
@kalav56 (11464)
• India
20 Jan 10
That is true and today I got thsi Forward that said this.I see you are new here.Welocme to the forum and thanks for the participation.