Do you think about MyLot at random times during the day?

Walnut Creek, California
I try to convince myself I'm not addicted to this site, but I worry that I'm in denial. I find myself thinking about MyLot at random times, and it's not just about possible posts, though that's a major part of it. When my regular gas station is closed, and I have to spend an extra 50 cents to fill up, I sometimes think, "Blast, there goes my MyLot earnings for the day." When I buy an ice tea for a dollar instead of a Gatorade for $1.50, I might think, "Aha! Made that 50 cents back!" When I see a texting driver holding up traffic, I think, "Ah, a possible MyLot post--nah, I already wrote about that." When I hear news that strikes me as weird, like people rioting in Milwaukee over the killing by a black cop of an armed felon, I think, "Whoa, I have to write about that. Nah, MyLotters don't like controversy that much. Let it go." When I finish a set of coasters, as I did last night, I think, "Where's the camera? Nah, how many posts about coasters can my MyLot friends stand?" How about you? Do you think about MyLot at random times during the day?
yes guilty as charged I do every o nce in awhile lol Im addicted but a good addiction.
@yes it is a good addiction and its an addiction that pays you instead of you paying for the addiction and you are having fun and meeting great people!
@Marty1 you summed up how I feel really nicely and here people are not snobbish like some were in bubblews before it ugly demise.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yep, a good addiction indeed.
@vandana7 (71327)
I do. But I am more interested in kind of socializing. Saying hello, interact, and not exactly I need to write a topic, or earned that much. :) In fact, myLot is a negative for me as far as earnings are concerned. I earn more outside myLot. lol.
• Walnut Creek, California
Oh, I hope most of us earn a lot more when we're not MyLotting. Even with my speaker hobby, one restoration pays more than several months on MyLot. But I can't help but think about MyLot at random times.
@vandana7 (71327)
@TheHorse ... No...I did not mean that way. I guess I am not that calculating anymore. In the beginning it was some sort of competition (number of comments with Deepu ...I told him I would overtake him in an year, which of course, I did not succeed in..lol. Then motivation as a competition with Kevin and a few others, to reach the payout kinda). But money was not something I could afford time for here. Even now..:( If I look at it I might just get habituated to it...:(
• Walnut Creek, California
@vandana7 I just kind of play mental games with myself. But I do think, "Could this be a post? Could that be a post?" at least a couple of times a day.
Yes, and an intervention may be in order for many of us.
• Walnut Creek, California
My goodness! What kind of intervention would work. "Fish are friends, not food." A walk in the forst with 10 fellow members? "Real people are good for conversation too."
@TheHorse Haven't a clue.
ok Deborah.
• Lenox, Georgia
I do think about MyLot in the same kind of ways. Face it-we are addicted. Lol. At least it's a good addiction to have though!
• Walnut Creek, California
Exactly! It's not illegal, immoral or fattening. And we get to socialize and bring home some "tip money."
@louievill (22080)
It becomes like every situation is a potential mylot topic for discussion but Im more on the funny side of things, something light, witty and with humor. I also keep on thinking about what other members posted that are quite funny.
• Walnut Creek, California
I enjoy posts that make me laugh as well. I am humor-challenged, but I'm capable of appreciating the humor of others.
@Mike197602 (14020)
I don't think about it much as I'm here during my waking hours. May not to write much but I read a lot I'd probably think about it more when I'm not able to get on here as and when I please.
• Walnut Creek, California
Today was busy enough that I didn't have a lot of time for MyLot thoughts. But my mandolin was a "chick magnet" late in the day, and I'm trying to decide whether I can get a post out of it.
@Mike197602 (14020)
@TheHorse your discussion has become a monster I like getting responses but when they get to this level I'm tempted to delete them as I can't keep up Don't feel like you have to get back to me as I know it's hard to keep up
• Walnut Creek, California
@Mike197602 Has this particular thread become monster? I suggest you limit yourself to 50 or so more responses, and then gradually fade out.
@dodo19 (36676)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I could say that I don't, but I'd be lying. I do sometimes think about my lot throughout the day. I can't help it.
• Walnut Creek, California
Me neither. I actually managed not to for the last couple of hours, as I was working on progress notes and turning in my class syllabus to be copied. Right now I'm mostly thinking about a burrito.
@dodo19 (36676)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@TheHorse yeah I do manage to think about other things as well, but it does depend and vary.
• Walnut Creek, California
@dodo19 Well, I have my burrito with me now and am trying to decide whether to work or play. I had a client cancellation this afternoon.
I always think of myLot whenever i have finished my works at the office . I also think of it when i am finished with some chores at the house and have done some bonding with the family on weekends .
• Walnut Creek, California
Heh heh. I think of it when I see something post-worthy out there in the real world.
@TheHorse Yes , me too .
@TheHorse Funny , that's how i also think of what to write here .
You are a certified myLot addict. Go ahead and admit it. Admission is the first step to getting cured. Although, I must say that I doubt if you want ot get rid of your myLot addiction!
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm happy with it. Pass the needle.
@TheHorse here you go...
@thehorse I sometimes think about what I can write about r think about a thing somebody wrote about! I am just like you! You are not the only one!
• Walnut Creek, California
Hmm. What can I write about next? My latest coasters? Nah, too boring. The burrito I'm about to eat? Nah. The air pressure in my tires? Zzzzzz. Maybe I'll do some visiting.
@TheHorse I like your coasters I think they are gorgeous when you do your magic on them! I know I couldn't do that so I appreciate the beauty of others work!
• Walnut Creek, California
@Marty1 Aw, thanks! I do enjoy making them.
There are times when I am not near my computer and do not want to use my phone I think of a post I want to write on My Lot and have to write it down or try and remember it till when I get home to the computer. Otherwise I think of My Lot when home and back on the computer again.
• Walnut Creek, California
I think up random MyLot posts at random times. Sometimes I email myself from work. Other times I write a letter on my wrist as a reminder.
@TheHorse Good idea The Horse to e-mail yourself.
@zarlamain (25154)
I don't think about this site in particular, but I do think about my best friend on here once in a while.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is this someone you know only through MyLot?
@zarlamain (25154)
@TheHorse Yes, and we share the similar hobby of shopping, so I think of her when I'm buying a designer item.
You'd better get out of denial soon. You are addicted and there's no controversy about it. When .50 spent is .50 earned here, you got it bad. We might need to get you into a 12-step program for addicted myLotters. Then again, you're in good company. And by the way, I love reading your posts about your coasters and the other projects you have going. As for me, I don't think about it too much because I'm here all the time and when I'm not here, I'm thinking about how soon I can get back here to read the posts and comments left behind by some really great myLotters like you.
• Walnut Creek, California
Aw, thanks! If I recall correctly, you and I were discussing football, the Midwest, weather and such last Winter. I really enjoy interacting here. But I admit it--just now, as I was driving home from subbing at the preschool, I was thinking of what to post. "Fish are friends, not food." --Bruce from Finding Nemo
@TheHorse Good movie. Have you seen Finding Dory? It's worth it. Yes, we were discussing the Midwest, our wonderful weather and football. So far we're doing very well in preseason. I just heard the radio say we're going to be cold and snowy according to the Farmer's Almanac. We'll see. This has been an odd summer for Wisconsin.
• Mumbai, India
i am addicted to mylot.i am checking mylot after every 2 hours a day....
• Walnut Creek, California
I probably would too if I were home that much.
• Mumbai, India
@LeaPea2417 (25630)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I do think about it. I will be out and about and something happens or talking to my family and they tell a story, and I will think, "hmm, that could be a topic for myLot".
• Walnut Creek, California
Yep, that's pretty much what I do.
@LeaPea2417 (25630)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@TheHorse Yes, and sometimes, I have to make sure I write down the topic I think of because sometimes, I will forget hours later what I was thinking earlier and it makes me so mad at myself.
• Mumbai, India
background img is very nice
• Walnut Creek, California
Thanks. It's the sunset as viewed from near the peak of Mt. Diablo.
• Mumbai, India
@TheHorse welcome
@meowch (1049)
I do think of MyLot every now and then but I'm not that addicted.
• Walnut Creek, California
What's your secret?
@meowch (1049)
@TheHorse I listen to music too often and I read books.
• Dallas, Texas
I sure do. Hope you are doing well , @TheHorse .
• Walnut Creek, California
I had a decent August, with lots of swimming. Now, I'm doing well, taking on more hours at the preschool (fun with pay) and reducing hours in the field with difficult kid clients (work).
• Dallas, Texas
@TheHorse , That is good to hear. Fun with pay is very rare these days.
I think about subjects I might post about a lot. I usually write it up right away and file it away to use at my leisure. I have learned that if I don't I forget how I was going to phrase it and all is lost.
• Walnut Creek, California
On Epinions, I'd write some and store them away. But I haven't done that here.
@TheHorse ....I have to write it down or I forget it. I like the notebook on the PC. Use it a lot.
@EddieHands (37669)
Yes I always think about it, I even dream about it. I am addicted to mylot!
• Walnut Creek, California
Dream? Oh my! Well, I hope they're happy dreams.
@EddieHands (37669)
@TheHorse Yes very happy and magical dreams