Breaking News! May day May day - Mad day What? what?

@garymarsh6 (17894)
United Kingdom
Mad woman found rolling around in the grass in the suburbs of London. Just read a post about washing your face in the morning dew on the first day of May. It is supposed to restore your youth. Gosh there will have to be a lot of dew around this morning. It seems that some mad woman from Croydon area went out this morning to do such a thing. However she forgot to put on her dressing gown. It is thought that she has frightened not only the local kids but many a man who live in the vicinity were seen running for the hills! Poor Gilly girl will probably write a post later if matron gives her permission to access a computer! Happy Mad May day everyone!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
Hello Gawwy! I have been out talking to my poppies. Matron allowed me to do this. I am further away from Croydon and more in to leafy Surrey. One simply does not venture in to Croydon. I am a posh Scouse! This of course is an oxymoron. What! What! In the merry month of May I like to sing, laugh and play The sun here is very shiney And I can tan my little hiney What! What!
Love the poem and I'm glad the Matron let you out.
• Midland, Michigan
I enjoyed your little poem too, and what's this about the Matron allowing you computer time? What! What!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
@just4him Lol Gawwy has quite an imagination. Thank you Valerie. I haven't heard from Gawwy I think he's hiding.
What is this habit to wash your face in the morning dew? I did not know and now it's too late.
• Midland, Michigan
Maybe next year you can fit this one into your schedule on the first day of May, Anna. I can see you writing it on your calendar right now so you won't forget.
@MarshaMusselman At least I did not forget to pick up a bouquets of lily of the valleys and to put on our table. This is a French tradition that I like to respect, this brings good luck.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
You stick with the lily of the valleys it is much more pleasurable Anna
Great way to start the day. Happy May Day.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Don't worry she is safe and sound in her maximum secure cell as we speak!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 OH no I'm not!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
@just4him I haven't found the What! what yet. But if you would like to learn my heritage language then I have a link. This language is not generally understood by other English people. What! What!
British Accents: Liverpool / Scouse. This series focusses on different accents from the United Kingdom. Specifically created to give non native a basic under...
I am saddened to hear that @Gillygirl is now under lock and key.
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
Hellloooooo! Oh no I'm not. I am freely roaming around whilst I have no clue where Gary is. He's probably erected a Maypole in his garden and is pretending to be a little gnome whilst he does a silly dance around the pole.
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
lol I would need to roll around for quite some time and it is much too cold here right now!!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
There were foxes in my garden braying. No way was I going to do that
@garymarsh6 (17894)
@Gillygirl You foxy lady you! What? What?
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 You are so very outrageous But I am very courageous You silly Southern man Catch me if you can Matron ain't gonna catch me.
I wonder if Mountain Dew has the same affect.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Only if it is laced with JD.
@Fleura (9693)
It would be nice if the dew worked, but nevertheless it would be a good excuse to be out at dawn on a lovely morning like this. Happy May day!
• Midland, Michigan
It May be nice to be outside at dawn, I'm not so sure about rolling about in the dew, though.
@Fleura (9693)
@MarshaMusselman No I think it would be rather cold Brrrr!
• Midland, Michigan
@Fleura Some years it's been a warmer start to May, but not this year. Now that the rain is over it's finally warming up here a bit.
That sounds funny, but all I have is sand or the tub of water I put out for the birds
@garymarsh6 (17894)
She does not have grass in her yard but the mud has rejuvenating qualities I believe
Too bad I don't have that kind of mud @garymarsh6
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
@rebelann Crikey he's a peeping Tom.
@pumpkinjam (6448)
When I read the first bit, and before seeing the person who posted it, I thought it was a post from @Gillygirl talking about herself :D :P :) I can't say that's a familiar tradition to me but we English ladies do have unusual habits. I wouldn't like to go outside without remembering to put something on. It's still a little chilly!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
Noooooo! He is so naughty. he's out dancing round his silly maypole wearing a silly gnome costume whilst shaking a leg.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
OH dear it looks like Gilly has wriggled out of her straight jacket and got on the computer! Bless her Perhaps we could all club together and buy her a onesie so that at least she is covered up when she ventures out unescorted.
@garymarsh6 I'll have no part in the encouragement of onesie-wearing. Next, she'll be seen out wearing crocs (have you seen the new ones with the little bum bag thingy on the back?). I am, however, all for tightening up the straight jacket or offering a padded cell.
@Sreekala (31997)
I read about this custom in some other posts and it is interesting. However, I am learning about it from mylot this year.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
The morning dew was supposed to rid the girl of imperfections such as spots pimples and freckles!
@Sreekala (31997)
@bunnybon7 (40882)
• Holiday, Florida
quite cute. Love that Gilly girl. I did not know this was a belief
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Yes most odd those people from Leafy Surrey!
@bunnybon7 (40882)
• Holiday, Florida
@garymarsh6 I do have a bit of the difference in some words used by UK compared to USA. but hope she is out soon.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
@bunnybon7 Well between you and me I will let you see her latest photo but you must not share it! @GillyGirl
@LowRiderX (9726)
• Serbia
Oh GodThis is so faithfully described, resembles on her
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Yes commonly known as a fruit loop in the UK.
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
You are supposed to be my friend. I know I'm a bit bonkers with my dicky ticker and talking about policemen who speak French in a strange accent. Then of course there is the fallen Madonna and Reneee!
@garymarsh6 (17894)
@Gillygirl Mais oui je suis ton ami!
• Pamplona, Spain
Got the News first hand also. Ha ha, this is a really good one. I hope you donĀ“t get "sectioned" for doing that.
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
One simply cannot believe it. I am in leafy Surrey. Not in a dive like Croydon. What! What!
• Pamplona, Spain
@Gillygirl I thought that Croyden was in Surrey the County.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
@Gillygirl I did not want to give your exact location in case you attracted peeping toms!
Haha. Yes, I read where Gilly girl was going to wash her face in the dew. I'd be locking her away too I think.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
I hope you have maximum secure facilities as she is a bit of a handful!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
Well I never!
@Gillygirl Come on - be honest. You love the notoriety!
• Midland, Michigan
What, what? Is right, lol. I've never heard of 'mad may day' before and we don't celebrate may day either, so I almost forget all about it. Did the lady at least have some underwear on? That would be weird to be sure. I know that people with dementia or alzheimer's might walk about outside without clothing on as some aunts did that years ago. Unfortunately, my mom was sleepwalking some years ago before her dementia got really bad. She'd been on a certain sleeping pill which we then took away from her because of this situation. She went in the middle of the night across the street and the neighbors returned her to her house. She did have on a shirt and panties and at least it wasn't winter. Maybe it just appeared that she was trying to restore her youth. Maybe she woke up or came to and was trying to hide herself among the grass blades?
@garymarsh6 (17894)
It must have been a worrying time for you Marsha. Still at least your neighbours were kind enough to bring her home!
• Midland, Michigan
@garymarsh6 I didn't even know it took place until she was back home again. My sister has power of attorney and was informed, I'm sure right after.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Happy First Day of May Gary. I would be afraid to do that because of dog shite
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Haha Well I doubt that would do anyone any good unless of course it was horse doo doo it might make you seven feet tall!
@Gillygirl (31050)
• Sutton, England
Didn't I tell you about fox poo and them mating last night. It was icky @TiarasOceanView
I was running around trying to find a May Pole to dance around the way I did in grade school but alas, no May Pole to be found
@garymarsh6 (17894)
They will probably be in the sales in June!
It sounds a mad for sure!
@garymarsh6 (17894)
OH I Can vouch for that!
@CarolDM (29437)
Oh my goodness, what a way to celebrate May Day!
@garymarsh6 (17894)
Yes a nice eccentric folk take first spoken about in the 1600's!
@Sojourn (5347)
Never heard of this custom.Its a new thing to me.
@garymarsh6 (17894)
It is folk tale! Superstition!