I’m Incapacitated

Last night after returning home from a party with friends of ours, I bent down to unstrap a sandal. In doing so, I heard a crunch sound in my lower back. As a result I took two extra strength Tylenol. I felt much better this morning, but the same thing happened when I bent to put on my golf shoes. So I’m in for the day at least, suffering through back spasms. My husband has been such a big help. On a more positive note, our Ice Princess is feeling more confident once again on the ice after overcoming a broken heel on one foot and a broken ankle on the other. She came in third place yesterday at a big competition. We are so proud of her! Notice her new costume? She takes after both her grammies in the glitz department. I will sit and myLot until my back hurts too much.
• Lenox, Georgia
I am so sorry for your back pain and I will be praying!! Congrats to your ice princess-she's beautiful! =)
I really appreciate the prayers! They always help. Thanks so much.
• Lenox, Georgia
@DianneN You're very welcome!
Yikes those back spasms sound painful. Hope it heals quickly and you don't have further problems. Love the Ice Princess new costume and she certainly looks very happy with her medal hanging around her neck.
I’m miserable. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a chiropractor. Hope he can help. Thank you! She’s back and on her way again!
@DianneN good luck with the chiropractor. I've always had a good experience with them when my back has gone out
@Marilynda1225 I had a pinched nerve years ago and our friend was a chiropractor. He made me all better. My brother told me this one is good, and I hope so. Thank you!
@1hopefulman (41679)
That doesn't sound good so please watch your back. Congratulations on your granddaughters accomplishment!
It’s not pleasant. Trust me, and many thanks, Felix!
@1hopefulman (41679)
@DianneN Is this the first time you have had this situation with your back?
@1hopefulman No, I had a pinched nerve years ago. If I’m not better in a bit, I will see a chiropractor. I hate feeling like this and hope he can help. My brother used him when he was in Florida and loved him.
I am so sorry for your back Dianne. I do not feel very well today, may be it's the weather, may be I ate something I should have not. I feel blah. Congratulations to the Ice Princess.
I’m also sorry you feel rotten today, too. Twins once again! Feel better soon and thanks.
@DianneN How do you feel today Dianne? I feel a bit better, there is a little sun this morning, it finally shows that he has not totally disappeared.
@LadyDuck I’m trying to work on notifications today. It’s my first day without back spasms. It’s awful to be stuck in the house and flat on my back. I have the name of a chiropractor if I don’t see improvement by tomorrow. Hope you feel better today, Anna.
Oh dear, that is not good news for you, I will be praying for you for sure. Just be sure to rest until they go away. I so hope that heating pad your husband is getting you works. Glad your granddaughter is getting her confidence back! she is beautiful. she must take after her grandmother!
Thank you. He also bought Salonpas which is helping a bit, but ouch! And many thanks! She lights up our lives.
@DianneN I am glad it is helping a bit but wish it took away all the pain. The salonpas says it is supposed to take away all the pain on commercials. how disappointing! hope it does start to take away all the pain! i can see why she lights up your lives as she is a special young woman!
@Marty1 Would you believe it’s working much better now? I’ve only had it on for less than 30 minutes! Thank you again. She and her brother bring us nothing but joy.
@kobesbuddy (72401)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm so sorry to hear that your back is injured! My son had the same experience, years back. Chad bent over to put his shoes on and he had to crawl to a phone, to call for help! A Chiropractor got Chad's back healed up. I will pray for you, Dianne Ice Princess is precious, congratulations to her for this wonderful accomplishment:)
It’s killing me to sit and myLot. I have an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow. Thank you!
@kobesbuddy (72401)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN Try soaking in a very warm tub of water, the warmer the better. This is what gave me relief, when I had a lower back ache. It might help you, also.
@kobesbuddy I’ve done everything possible. Nothing is helping. I may have a pinched nerve or tore a ligament. It hurts to myLot.
I had a back spasm once. That was a brand new pain for me. My sister did acupuncture on my lower back, so that helped. I hope you feel better soon. I love her new costume!!! Congratulations to your granddaughter.
Where is your sister when I need her? Many thanks. (I knew you’d love her new costume-lol.)
@DianneN It is a beautiful costumes. Sis does come in handy! She keeps acupuncture needles at her house and at my house too.
@cacay1 (39021)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Corbin5 , a massage on the foot also eases some body pains, but better to see a medic to avoid complications.
@DianneN Dianne, I am so so sorry what happened to you. Take care. I am glad that the ice princess feels comfortable and congrats on 3rd place in the competition. I bet you are all proud of her.
Thank you! Tomorrow I will see a chiropractor. And yes, she had a great skate. She makes us very proud.
@DianneN I thought about you this morning. How are you feeling now? Good idea to see a chiropractor. I had a good Jewish one in the States. Here I just see my doctor and other doctors. Take care and I hope the pain disappears soon. You are welcome and I can see why you are proud of her. She is doing what she loves and that is so important.
@Hannihar Both of my chiropractors are Jewish. Lol! So are most of my doctors. I will see Dr. Gold this afternoon and can’t wait. Thank you, Hanni!
@nela13 (20700)
• Portugal
Maybe you should go to see a doctor, back pain can really put us in a bed. Congratulations to your ice princess, a third place is very good
I have an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow. I’ve been in such agony. Thank you! The two girls who game in first and second skated down, meaning they are in a higher level than her. Not fair.
@nela13 (20700)
• Portugal
@DianneN I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain, I hope the chiropractor may help you.
@nela13 Thank you. So do I. I can barely walk, sit, or sleep.
A crunch sound ! Oh gosh, do rest up and get your back better soon . You know we know about back pain here - I'm so glad your husband is taking good care of you. Yay for the Ice Princess - congratulations to her for a performance well done! The glitz certainly helps to stand out on the ice . So beautiful ! Hope your back feels better very soon - just take it easy for now.
Yes, I know you know all about back pain, and all I can do is take it easy. . Thank you about the ice princess. She has always loved glitz and sparkled her way around the ice.
@DianneN How are you doing today? I hope your back is feeling a lot better than from a couple days ago.
@much2say Thanks for asking. I am finally sitting up for a bit and have an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow. My brother swears by him, so it’s worth a try. I certainly understand how your poor hubby feels.
@LowRiderX (9335)
• Serbia
Sorry to hear that. I also congratulate to your ice princess on the third place, a great result
Thank you. I’m in such pain, so made an appointment to see a chiropractor tomorrow. Our granddaughter skated at her level, but the two that took first and second place were older, a level above, and skated down. Not fair, but we’re still proud.
@LowRiderX (9335)
• Serbia
@DianneN Yes, better go to visit chiropractor, I believe he can help. Thinking of you.. Your granddaughter is still a child, she will be the best one day
@LowRiderX Right now, I can’t wait to see the chiropractor. Getting into our car should be a laugh. Thank you! She still has lots to learn. Her coaches say that technically she is close to perfect, but needs to develop her artistry. She’s working on it.
@moonandstars (16446)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Do take some rest; mabe you're too active. Congratulations to the pride of your family!
Thank you! I just turned awkwardly - twice!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@DianneN O, no, be careful
@moonandstars I’m going to see a chiropractor tomorrow.
I don't like the sound of the crunch on your back. I hope you have it looked at so it doesn't get worse. Your Ice Princess is beautiful. Congratulations to third place. She's doing great!
Thank you. I’ve been seeing a chiropractor.
@DianneN That's good.
@just4him It will be a long, slow process.
@Nevena83 (26704)
• Serbia
Oh, I'm sorry you hurt your back, I hope you'll be better soon. Your granddaughter is beautiful, congratulations to her.
I spent the day in bed with medication and a heating pad. We will know if I need a doctor tomorrow. Thanks so much.
@Nevena83 (26704)
• Serbia
@DianneN Oh, I'm so sorry. How do you feel today?
@Nevena83 Awful. I’m going to see a chiropractor tomorrow. I can barely sit in a chair to myLot.
@ShifaLk (13010)
Oh no. So sorry to hear about it.. Please take care and get well soon- Our Young and beautiful mylotter Your grand daughter is truly a darling
Many, many thanks!
@ShifaLk (13010)
@DianneN are you some better now??
@ShifaLk A tiny bit. I’m going to see a chiropractor later and hope he can help! Thank you for asking.
@kareng (11913)
I'm so sorry you are dealing with back pain. I have trouble with my back from time to time that lands me in bed. Prayers for quick recovery for you. Congratulations to your daughter. That was quite a comeback :)
Thank you! Back pain is a pain! lol I’m using Salonpas now and it’s helping a bit. If I’m not better in a day or two, I will see a chiropractor that my brother used and swore was wonderful. That’s my granddaughter. Actually, she had to see a psychologist to get over her fear of jumping on the ice, but we are so happy she’s getting her groove back. She’s a terrific little figure skater.
@kareng (11913)
@DianneN Opps, I knew that was your granddaughter. I guess I was typing too fast. I hope your back pain is all better now.
@kareng No problem. Actually, I’m going to see a chiropractor tomorrow. Thank you!
@sallypup (31403)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry for your pain. That's awful.
Thank you. It’s almost unbearable, but I don’t like whining about it - too much.
@sallypup (31403)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I know too much about back pain. I'm sorry you are going through it.
@sallypup Thank you. I’m going to see a chiropractor tomorrow. I can’t take the pain anymore.
You poor thing, I hope you get some help for your back. Maybe a deep massage will help. Glitz and glitter, so many young ladies seem to love them. She looks so happy, I'm glad she has healed and is back in the swing of things.
I’m going to the chiropractor today. I hope he can help. I can barely walk or sit. Getting there should be a laugh and a half. Thank you! She’s doing very well.
I hope he doesn't drag out the treatment @DianneN but I know exactly how sciatica problems feel, I finally got my issues resolved after I retired.
@rebelann Glad you had your sciatica issues resolved. I heard they are so painful.
@simone10 (29517)
I am so sorry Dianne that you are in so much pain. I hope you relief soon
Thank you so much. I’m seeing a chiropractor tomorrow. I can’t move without agony.
@simone10 (29517)
@DianneN oh you poor thing! I hope you haven't herniated a disc.
@simone10 No, not that. I have pinched nerves in 3 of my lower vertebrae and 2 whacked out of alignment in my neck.
Have you already consulted that back of yours to a doctor specialized on that field? I would be worried if that will happen to me.
I’ve been through this years ago and have had two visits, with more to come, with a chiropractor. Today he made me feel much better. I even went for a little walk when I got home.
@DianneN That's good to know then. Take care always.
@SIMPLYD Trying. I just iced my back. Now I’m heating it. That’s about all I can do except do the exercises he suggested. What a bummer!