It was a busy day yesterday

Logan, I took this shot on 10 07 2019
El Paso, Texas
I had asked Carol if she'd take me to the commissary to look for specialties that I can only find on Ft Bliss, she said yes so I picked her up at about 9:30am. We looked around the whole store, it's huge by the way, and only found a few items, they had not yet gotten the specialty Christmas stuff. Next we went to Costco where she accidentally paid for my item so now I owe her $13, I'll pay her back as soon as I get paid again, she doesn't accept credit cards We actually got back to her house by noon and I got to sit and take a lot of pictures. The handsome pup above is Logan, their newest addition. He is so afraid of people because he'd been abused before Carol finally convinced the people who had him to let her have him. He's looking so much better now. Logan is a dalmation mix but who knows with what, I think he's the cutest thing, don't you? I hope to adopt one too one day.
Poor Logan. He doesn't look very happy yet, does he?
He is still skiddish, he is afraid of strangers and if anyone lifts their hands he runs as if someone is going to hit him.
@rebelann That's sad. He could take quite a while to get over his fear of people.
Yes, it's sad @JudyEv If I make a sudden move he'll run and hide but if I stay still he'll come over and check me out. All his buddies like me and he wants to know why. Having 3 other dogs around who are happy and well socialized is going to help him.
That is so sad he was abused. I am glad he is in a better home now. He is adorable and you can tell looking at him he's a mix but if what I am not sure.
I'd love to slap those idiot people upside their heads. Carol's hubby thinks maybe pit bull because he has that wide jaw line. Could be, who knows.
@rebelann I thought pit maybe too a little but definitely not positive on that one
He has a very sweet disposition all things considered @shaggin he's very timid and scares easily
I am sorry that Logan has been abused, he does not look at all like a Dalmatian.
He has the spots and that is all, Carol does not know what he is mixed with
@rebelann Well, there are several breeds of dogs with spots, not only Dalmatian.
Which other breeds have spots like a dalmatian @LadyDuck ?
I'm surprised you're not finding specialty Christmas items. It seems to be in all the stores right now. I hope you find what you're looking for. Logan is very sweet looking. I love those eyes. He looks like a beautiful dog.
The commissary gets a lot of items from countries like Germany, France and such and those items have not yet arrived. Mom always bought the German lebkuchen stuff and then I got hooked on the Christmas tins they came in ..... I don't eat a lot of sweets but sometimes I don't mind one or two of those Lebkuchen things, they're not exactly cookies, that come in that tin.
@rebelann I hope you start seeing them soon.
November is soon enough for me @just4him
So glad you and Carol had a nice day together. Logan is lucky to have Carol for a mommy now, and yes, he’s adorable!
Thank you and yes, he is very lucky. Carol and her husband have 4 dogs and an old cat, Cuddles is 20 years old.
@rebelann That’s wonderful! Cuddles is a lucky kitty.
She really is @DianneN
@sallypup (33451)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Logan looks very healthy. He just needs more positive times with humans. Poor pup.
Carol's been feeding him for about 6 months then about a month ago her husband convinced his owners to let him take him off their hands, now he's lived with Carol's family for a month already. They're dog lovers and have 3 other dogs with whom he enjoys playing with.
@sallypup (33451)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann That sounds ideal for him.
It sure is @sallypup He never would have approached me if not for those other pups who always want to greet me and get attention from me.
I hope Logan will soon be comfortable and secure. He is a lovely dog.
It'll take time but I'm sure eventually he'll be a well adjusted happy boy.
Logan seems to be wary to strangers judging from the picture.
Yes, he is very unsure of people but when he sees the other dogs being friendly he wants to join them, he will be ok in about a year but for now he is still unsure.
@Starkinds (17811)
Good to know that but yesterday I was also very busy I choose a day for yesterday for my house cleaning
I should do some too.
@acelawrites (17431)
It's good Logan is in the care of a good owner now.
Yes it is. He is one very lucky dog.
He is just adorable I love that expression on his face like You won't be mean, will you?
I think that's exactly what he was asking, he had it really rough before Carol took him in.
@PatZAnthony (14031)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
He is very cute. All animals should have a loving environment.
Or at least a normal wild one. Humans don't need to own everything, to many humans only abuse.