Hoping a Milkshake will Soothe Her!

I have been discussing with Little Miss that we both need to get our flu shots soon. She does not like the idea of getting a shot. The last round of shots she got left her arm sore and uncomfortable for a few days. Today she overheard me on the phone making an appointment to get her flu shot. She shouted out "I don't want to get a flu shot!" I told her that we were going to get a milkshake and maybe lunch after we were done. She seems okay with the idea. We shall see what happens on Friday.
Whew!! I would also get a flu shot if lunch and a milkshake came after the shot.
She loves a Happy Meal!
That's a nice idea getting a yummy treat after to make her feel good. I think my kids and I will get them this year.
The reports are saying that we should get one to be on the safe side. I had always received mine when I was working. Want to make sure that Little Miss will be okay too.
I am not sure that flu shots help everybody. And if the person in charge of doing the procedure is not good at it, it can make the girl very uncomfortable.
My arm hurt for over a week when I got mine done last year. Many others I spoke to said they had similar results.
@ElusiveButterfly I´d ask her doctor. Lately it seems that everyone is overdoing it with shots and pills.
@marguicha I don't want her to get the flu. She got it when she was 18 months old. Her mother never got a flu shot for her. She was sick for almost a week.
@CarolDM (45672)
A treat usually does the trick.
Our former daycare provider said that she would take her daughter to get a milkshake after every time she got a shot. It helped her daughter with her anxiety.
I hope the milkshake will help to lift her moral after the shot. I am not going to have one.
I know it will help a little bit. That is until her arm starts to hurt.
@ElusiveButterfly Poor little girl.
@LadyDuck she is still on edge this morning with the knowledge that we will be leaving shortly to go to the doctor's office.
@stringer321 (4982)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
In my area it is already Friday and in 3 hours and 44 minutes, it will be Saturday 00:00 the 12th of October. So, did the milkshake work ? I think smoothie is better to sooth(ie) your Little Miss. It is more healthy too, try a fruit shake like a banana mango, on a basis of a soy milk. Maybe vegetables shake will be even better. Maybe a kiwi, strawberries smoothie...what do you think ? How old is Little Miss ?
The milkshake did the trick. Although once the shot was done and over she was okay. There isn't a place that I can buy a smoothie here in this town.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@ElusiveButterfly I'm glad to read she was already ok after the shot. Is Little Miss your daughter ? ask the business that makes the milkshakes to add smoothies as option. I think it is done with a blender. How do they make the milkshakes ?
@stringer321 we adopted Little Miss in May. She is my granddaughter, and now legally my daughter. We get milkshakes at McDonalds so I doubt that they would do a smoothie.
@bunnybon7 (43294)
• Holiday, Florida
it is scary for them . we just have to hope and pray on it.
The last time she got shots her arm hurt for quite a while. I know she thinks the same will happen from the flu shot.
@bunnybon7 (43294)
• Holiday, Florida
@ElusiveButterfly sorry to say it probably will poor baby I just got mine and because of my thin arm it was pretty bad for days.
@bunnybon7 she is fine today. The nurse told her to move her arm up and down throughout the day so it wouldn't stiffen. She did that and today she is fine.
That was smart. Sometimes we have to bride them. Whatever works. I will have to get mine soon too.
I am going to have shake too. I hate needles!
@ElusiveButterfly you deserve a treat too
@Happy2BeMe true that!
I hope the milkshake worked poor love.
She enjoyed the milkshake. However, she enjoyed playing with the kids in the play area even more.
lunch and a milkshake are pretty good incentive for dealing with shots! I hope it all went well :)
She did fine with the shot. Was surprised how quickly she calmed down. Even when we got to McDonald's, she was more interested in interacting with the children that were there and didn't drink her milkshake for about 15 minutes.
@ElusiveButterfly that's great to hear!
It only lasts a second. Then it's off to the milkshake place.
She will be fine once it is over. Well, until I have to remove the bandaid that is.
@ElusiveButterfly .......Ya, there is that to look forward to.
@Gillygirl (39803)
• Sutton, England
I hope the milkshake will make her feel better about the flu shot
I am not going to mention it again until Friday when we go to the doctor's office. I hope she fairs well.
@Gillygirl (39803)
• Sutton, England
That's nice! It'll be easier for her to go if she keeps thinking on the reward for after the appointment
I hope she doesn't struggle too much when she is about to receive the shot.
@ElusiveButterfly Me too! everything will turn out well
bless her heart, don't blame 'er there. milkshake sounds a grand idea to soothe her ruffled feathers. 's fer the soreness? lots 'f movin' 'round 'n ice packs ought'a help.
I gave her ibuprofen for the pain and stiffness. The nurse told her to keep moving her arm so it would not become sore and stiff. She followed her orders and today is fine.
Good luck to both of you. I've decided against getting a shot this year.
For a minute I thought about not getting the shot. However, I do not want to get the flu. So, I'll be getting mine soon.
Poor little kid - poor you! In a few days, it will all be in the past. The milkshake is a good idea.
Never thought to offer her something like that before. Wish I had.
That sounds good to me.
Me too!
Poor little Miss. No one likes getting a shot and hopefully the milkshake will be a bribe enough for her to cooperate
I know I'll be in for a struggle once we are in the office. Hopefully it won't be a horror show!
Wow! That was quick thinking! How do it go?