People Are So Rude

We went down to the cottage yesterday, I had to be there so that they could connect the Internet and cable, I needed new boxes since we had to actually be there. It was a pretty exciting ride on the way there with hail and very heavy rain. Anyway, the cable man arrived this morning and all went well. On the ride home when we got to the Hudson river the toll booth was really a mess. For some reason, three lines were stopped dead. I was very patient I waited in my line for at least 10 minutes and finally, I signaled and made an attempt to move into the lane on my left. A car was along side me so I waited and then the man in the second car looked at me and shook his head NO, evidently, he wasn't going to let me in, The car behind him did let me in, What really miffed me was he had a God Bless America License plate surround. I resisted the urge to flip him the bird but did think to myself, God is not really too pleased with you right now young man. I realize he didn't have to let me merge in but I have never had anyone look and me and shake their head at me. It is a crazy time for sure.
@CarolDM (82618)
• Nashville, Tennessee
You are right, people can be very rude. Love the peaceful photo.
Thank you, when I sit in my back porch at the lake, this is my view, it always makes me feel happy.
@CarolDM (82618)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@BelleStarr I can tell is is your happy place.
@CarolDM It is, fr many years after we bought it we went there every other weekend, it was a way to escape the grind of the workweek. It is so peaceful there and we have wonderful neighbors.
I'm sorry he was rude. It's good you resisted flipping him the bird.
lol Yes I wasn't really tempted, I was very calm and not upset but I was more baffled by why he chose to do that.
@BelleStarr We'll never know.
@gr8nana6 (3440)
• Hamilton, Ohio
The pic is lovely,a wonderful place to sit and reflect on life. I would think people would be more courteous at this time, but it seems the opposite. Sorry for your awful experience
Thanks about the picture, that is the view when I sit on my back step at the cottage. I am seeing people angry and rude everywhere.
@gr8nana6 (3440)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@BelleStarr It is a beautiful and serene view
@gr8nana6 Yes it is a quiet place, reminds me of the 1950s , a simpler time.
The young man was obviously not a gentleman either. It's unbelievable how rude drivers are (getting worse all the time) ... I find that people don't even wave a thank you if you let them in .
I know I always say, well thanks I owed it to you but yes, manners seem to have flown out the window
@BelleStarr I find that when they make the mistakes, they don't do the apologetic wave either . . . they flip the bird . Why can't people just be nice on the road . . . everyone is wearing their seat belts too tight or something .
@much2say lol I think that must be it, all the extra COVID weight has made the seatbelts pinch lol
Honestly, he may have been the type that would have done it no matter the time. Toll booths can be hectic places. We don't have any around here.
Yep for sure
@BelleStarr Lots of people refuse to let people over anyway, especially in the case of lane's ending / closures.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes but looking me in the face and saying no takes moxie!! And the fact that people don't allow others to merge is what causes traffic to back up, if everyone just went nicely it would be so much better.
I know that toll booth very well. I haven't been out much, so haven't experienced any rudeness.
I have been through this tll both many times and I have never seen the issues they were having yesterday,
@BelleStarr We may visit our son and family in New Jersey soon. They bought a house in New Jersey where they are spending the summer and perhaps long weekends. No camp this summer for the kids.
@DianneN I wondered about that but no, Kasey isn't sending Jack to day camp either, just not safe. I think somehow the sensors weren't working right cause it is hard to imagine that 3 people at three booths had problems with their easy pass at the same time !! At least you will get to see them and have grandma time, which we all know is the best time of all!!
That was rude, may be he stole that car with the license plate surround "God Bless America".
Maybe but he certainly wasn't acting like God was part of his life in any way lol
@BelleStarr He was only acting like a rude man.
Sometimes, in times like these, people's behaviour really seems to change for the worse.
It was just mean and I am a senior so he should have been more polite but evidently he wasn't in the mood for that.
@BelleStarr Cheeky sod. Oh well, karma will get him.
@JudyEv lol I am sure it will.
@moonandstars (38319)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
if you said it was a mess, i think you went quite all right and there is no reason to remember this event
I agree I have forgotten it already.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@simone10 (48131)
I've never had anyone do that either. Usually if someone isn't going to let you in, they ignore you like they didn't see you.
Yes that is what was strange and so rude. Well, I can't do anything to change him but hopefully, it was just that he was having a bad day.
@simone10 (48131)
@BelleStarr He could have had a bad day. I would rather think that instead of him normally being a rude person
@moffittjc (83564)
• Gainesville, Florida
The only time I won't let someone in is if they do something rude. For example, if there are two lanes of traffic on a road heading in the same direction, and you pass a sign that says "right lane closed ahead," most people will immediately merge over into the left lane, because they know the right lane is closed ahead. But there's always some wise guy who will stay in the right lane, drive all the way up to the point where the lane is closes/blocked, and then EXPECT people to just let him merge into the left lane. Meanwhile, the hundred cars in the left lane who all did the right thing and merged back when they saw the sign, are all upset because one joker decided to not follow proper traffic etiquette. That's the clown I won't let merge in. But otherwise, I place nice with everyone else.
I pretty much operate the same way, those people who think they are more important and stay in the lane til the bitter end are just jerks.
@moffittjc (83564)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr Calling them jerks is an understatement. I usually have stronger words for people like that! lol
You were the better person by not flipping him off,
Yes but it did leave me feeling that he needed dealing with but I will leave it to karma.
@BelleStarr Karma always gets them.
Wow, there's no reason for anyone to do that although not letting you cut in is understandable
It wasn't really understandable, it was obvious the line I was in wasn't moving and many other people were also moving over, it would have been kind to just let me in, I wasn't aggressive about it at all.
A lot of people don't like cutters but they don't have to be rude about it @BelleStarr
Yes, that man had to be a disappointment to God due to his actions.
Yes I agree but he was young so has time to maybe developed into someone nicer.
@BelleStarr I hope he has become a nicer person.
@thelme55 (45796)
What a beautiful photo! Sorry that you have met rude people. Some people are getting crazy nowadays.
Yes everyone seems so angry, too much time at home I guess!!!
@thelme55 (45796)
@BelleStarr I think those people are not homebodies like me.
@birjudanak (13539)
People are so crazy and this kind of people who not respect others also face though time as they like everything go as they want but when it not happened then they become burn from inside. Its good to not waste time behind this kind of people.
No I agree, I think maybe I should pray for him because he must need prayer.
@birjudanak (13539)
@BelleStarr Yes let hope he understand and not do again with anyone because its good for his health.
Yeah, people can be rude. Last week I was at the gas station that was crowded, and one truck, I couldn't figure out if they were lining up to get gas, or pulling out of the way..anyway,,,the guy in another vehicle started pointing, making impatient gestures and shaking his head at me that a pump was available. So. I pulled into one, and he pulled in the way down below..I said "You don't have to be rude." We all want to get home. "I wasn't sure what they were trying to do." He didn't respond.
People have zero patience these days and they act just plain rude especially when they are in a car.
@BelleStarr Yes, they have to learn to chill.
• Israel
@BelleStarr That must have been hard to drive in hail and heavy rain. I agree it is nice when someone will not let you in to a different lane. That is so sad that people have something on their car and does not apply to their behavior. People are really showing their true colors during this virus.
They are and it is not very attractive I have to say!! Not caring about anyone but yourself is not a way to find any happiness in life.
• Israel
@BelleStarr I understand what you are saying. There are many nasty people out there and they are so miserable so want to make someone else's life miserable like theirs.
Some people.. smh
I know it was very disappointing.
@zandi458 (28127)
Unfortunately politeness is really in short supply nowadays.
Yes it does seem that it is.