I Want to Cry

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm not strong. I'm tired of being alone in this uphill battle to get my knee working well and taking care of all my needs. I wish I had help. I wish I had a significant other who cared enough to be here with me during this time. Even family members who had time to help. I'm inside two weeks now until the next surgery, so I can't go out and mingle or go anywhere except for medical appointments or the store for food. My granddaughter's second birthday party is this Saturday. I was invited and I can't go. I ordered her birthday present from Amazon and had it delivered there. Yes, I'm thankful for the help my son has given me during this time. However, he works and he needs to sleep. He can't be here with me. He picks me up, takes me to my appointments, and brings me home. I'll ask him to take out the garbage tomorrow. Yes, I'm thankful. I know I'll have my knee to 120 degrees tomorrow. How do I know? I'm working that knee every chance I get. Next week is my last week before surgery. I have four appointments next week. The last will send me home to stay behind closed doors until Monday morning. The COVID test. I'm lonely. I want someone here with me. Okay, now you know. I'm not strong. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can be with people again. My sister will be here for one week when I get out of rehab. One week out of the many lonely weeks until I get the all-clear message from the doctor that everything is good and I can go back to church and the pool. People aren't meant to be in isolation. People are social creatures. We need each other. We need to laugh and have fun with each other. Today, I don't feel like I can do this anymore. I know I will because I need to. I'm not strong. I'm lonely and I'm vulnerable. I told you I'm weak. I'm not looking for pity and please don't give me any. I'm letting you know I'm crying. Not because I'm in pain, I'm not. Well my back is, but that will heal in time. I need someone who cares. Thanks for reading. Don't pity me. Just see me for who I am. There are better days coming and tomorrow might be one of them. Not today. The image belongs to me.
The good thing is you're on your way to moving and shaking on your own again. I don't fear finding out if I need an operation because I have someone available to help around the clock. letting them help is another story. I am glad to read that your acceptance of your feelings. I don't want to grow old alone so truly I understand. I don't know what pity is so I could not give it to you if I tried. I am just glad your home safe and trust that in time you will regain your life back. To be honest you make me want my operation because when that struggle is over I will be back on that treadmill.
Thank you. I know you will be.
@just4him Thank you for having my back.
@sharon6345 You're welcome. You'll do well once you have your surgery. I don't know what it's for.
@kaylachan (7303)
I wish I knew what I could say to help you. I can't imagine how you're feeling. I have my husband and I have my cats. So I am not really alone. It's okay that you're having a bad day. It's okay if you want to cry. You're doing something good, though. Finding a medim to express yourself. That's the best thing you can do. And, don't tell yourself you're not strong, you're stronger than you realize.
Thank you. Maybe I am, but I don't feel strong right now.
@kaylachan (7303)
@just4him Believe me, I understand. You're human and it's natural not to feel very strong. Being able to express yourself and admit how you're feeling, is one of the strongest things you can do. You have to take things one day at a time.
@kaylachan That's what I'm doing. One day at a time.
Sending you lots of hugs. We all get this way at times and I wish I lived closer to come visit and help you out. You are strong and strong enough to see yourself through this. I see one old knee in your photo! Now smile!
Thank you for the hugs. They're appreciated. I know you would visit and I appreciate that more than you know. Yes, I'll get through this. One day at a time. I'm smiling. I really am.
ya know i'd come stay with ya if'n such 'twas possible, hon. now i wish i'd called ya earlier...bad'n me. i'm 'lways here though, ya can call anytime. i've purty broad shoulders. oh, that 'twas not pity. 'twas knowin' 's i've felt that 'loneness myself. not bein' able to get out to do the thingies i loved nearly broke me. months that turned 'nto years 'f such. i'd nobody to speak with. the hubs jest demeaned me fer my condition.
@just4him no worries, hon. nor pressure to call, jest want'cha to know i'm 'lways here if'n ya jest need to visit. can't fix yer troubles, but can sure listen. that's brilliant he's able to do such! will sure save lots 'f funds.
@crazyhorseladycx Yes, it will. He's only asking $20. I can handle that.
I am so sorry that you feel so lonely right now. It is understandable with the limitations that you have right now, you are used to go out all the time and mix with people. But I know that you are strong (even if you don't think so right now) I always admire you for being always so thankful and thoughtful of other people. My sister always tells me that crying is like a "safety valve), it helps, it is not a shame to cry, Wishing you all my best, remember tomorrow will come and you might feel totally different,
Thank you so much. I know it's not a shame to cry. Once started, I want to stop. I opened the floodgate.
@thelme55 (56586)
How I wish I could help you but I am very far. I understand how you feel. Just hang on in there.
Thank you. I know I will.
I am so sorry to know that you feel so lonely. This is different from person to person and you definitely need to be with people. Keep your moral up, soon your other knee will be fine and you will be free to do what you like to do again.
Thank you. I'm doing my best. Just sometimes it isn't good enough.
@just4him I know it's hard. Time by time mom complained that she was sad to be alone all the day.
@LadyDuck Yes, I didn't know how hard it would be. I'm sorry she spent many days alone too.
@moonandstars (46394)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
This was 3 days ago so, I deeply hope you're better. I am lonely too and weak this week but, I'll follow your words and trust that better days are coming.
Yes, things are better. I'm sorry you're lonely and weak this week. Yes, better days are coming.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him thank you. i'm better since yesterday. that's why i like mondays. it's everything new, fresh and from the start. i agree with you.
@moonandstars I'm glad you're doing better.
@porwest (33862)
Hang in there. You are not weak at all. But I understand your situation 100%. This whole Covid panic has made a lot of people miserable, and who knows when we see the end of it. That being said, you ARE in a vulnerable group, so taking extra precaution is just common sense. There MUST be a way to socially gather SOMEHOW that can still mitigate some of the risk, and I hope you find it. At the end of the day ALL OF US will get through this. You are not weak. As I said. You are strong. But even the strong have moments of weakness which they must do their very best to overcome. You CAN and you WILL.
Thank you. I want to stop crying. It feels like I opened a floodgate with this post. I don't feel strong.
@porwest (33862)
@just4him Even letting it out sometimes is healthy. Just so long as it eventually feels better. It is good, too, that at least you have a place to "vent" and "emote," and of course we are all here for you even if we cannot be there in person. Hang in there. Like I said, you ARE strong. Breaking down a bit does not make you weak. It makes you human.
@porwest Thank you. It's good to know I'm human.
@rakski (69389)
It is okay to cry. Crying is a sign that you are strong because you can let us know your feelings. It might be difficult but you are almost there. You've done a great improvement of your knee and soon you will be on the road to full recovery.
Thank you. Yes, soon I'll have the second surgery then it will be on to full recovery.
@rakski (69389)
@just4him and you did it alone. You are doing a great job!
@rakski Thank you.
@ShifaLk (18073)
Oh. I know how does it feel because I've been alone too since long. Although I've a family but I say it for getting a life partner. But yes. I talk to Daddy GOD and this is how I get strength. Yes you take care. You are strong
I hope you will get a life partner one day. Thank you. Yes, I am.
@ShifaLk (18073)
@just4him thank you. God bless you
@ShifaLk Thank you.
I know you said not to pity you but i feel so bad because this isnt the normal post from you, so i can see how much you're emotionally hurting. I wish i could help. Really. Im glad you're half way through this so you can go out and do things again.
Thank you. I'm doing much better now. It was hard, but it's good now. Yes, I'm halfway there. My next surgery is Monday and I'll start over with the left knee in therapy.
@just4him huge hugs your way. So glad you're feeling better.
@Courtlynn Thank you. Yes, I am.
I wish we lived in the same place. I’d come over and keep you company and help you out. I hope that you are in better spirits today.
Thank you. Today has been very good.
@just4him that’s wonderful to hear.
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you.
Yes you will be able to walk even run one day :-) keep spirit and get well soon. Btw, nice views there :-)
Yes, I will. I'm doing what's best so I can be pain-free from the arthritis I've had for so many years. My second surgery is a week away and in a few weeks, I'll be moving well again. That's my favorite park. It's the Bay of Green Bay. Welcome to myLot
@just4him thanks a lot for the greeting :-)
@sweetshayens You're welcome.
It saddens me to read this Valerie. I wish you all the best in getting through this awful time.
Thank you. I'm doing better today. I just had other hiccups to deal with this morning. I'll be glad when the second surgery is done and I'm on the road to full recovery.
@just4him It's been a long haul for you, hasn't it?
@jaboUK I'm a loner by nature, but I didn't realize just how social I was until it all hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. Yes, it has been a long haul and it's not over yet. I still have at least another six weeks to go.
@dgobucks226 (24665)
I'm sorry things have been tough for you lately. Life is full of ups and downs and you will overcome. Having any kind of health issue can be very draining on one's psyche. Being in pain adds to the hardship. And locking people down is not the best solution to stop this virus and just causes more harm by making people depressed than good.
Thank you. It's a little better this morning. I was with people today for a little while.
@dgobucks226 (24665)
@just4him That's good
@dgobucks226 Today is better.
@wolfgirl569 (35195)
• Marion, Ohio
We are here for you. I know its not the same as someone who could give you a physical hug or hold your hand. You are right. Even the most anti-social of us do better with someone to lean on when needed. Just keep looking at how close you are. You are in the home stretch. I can give these hugs
Yes, it's almost the home stretch. I'm rounding the last turn of the track. Thank you for those hugs.
@wolfgirl569 (35195)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him Then you will be able to relax and just work on learning to walk am\nd maybe even run on your new knees Heres a few more
@wolfgirl569 Thank you. It will be a while before I'm running. Thanks for the hugs.
I usually get on the phone to talk to someone if I happen to feel that way, it helps. I hope you get the all clear really soon.
If phones lasted longer than they do, that would have been good. They die so fast and mine was ready for the charger when I posted this. I considered calling someone. It will be a while before I get the all-clear. My next surgery is in two weeks. Thank you.
I hope all will go well with your surgery @just4him
@rebelann Thank you. I expect it will. I know what to expect now, so it should be easier. At least I hope so.
• Santiago, Chile
I can't pity you Valerie. I just see a person expressing their emotions. You are allowed to feel this way. Let it all out and don't hold it in. In fact cry as much as you can, because that's the way you can let it go. I see that you have been going through a lot lately. It will all be alright. I don't know if saying "be patient" works out for you, but God's timing is perfect. For now forget about your loneliness and turn around and be 100% focused on recovering your your knee, later on I am pretty sure that right one will show up.
Thank you. Yes, today is better and soon the other surgery will be behind me.
• Santiago, Chile
@just4him that's wonderful news. Today I'll pray God for you so if all goes well at the surgery day.
@jvicentevalera Thank you.
@Dena91 (9156)
I believe we all reach this point at one time or another in our lives. For me being away from Mike for 5 months for most of the day to help with his dad was very hard on me. Now he goes 5 nights to stay with his mom because she refuses to sleep alone at night by herself. Part of me wants her to find other people to help her. I feel as if she isn't happy unless we are under her thumb so to speak. I truly do understand where you are at. Hugs and prayers.
I understand. Your son is all she has left. God is coming through for both of us.
@Dena91 (9156)
@just4him Actually she has her daughter, who does stay 2 nights a week. She has another son but he lives across the county. She has a grand children who want to act like they will be there until asked. She needs to get other people to help her. It is unfair that it all falls onto our shoulders. And I know God will help us in our situations.
@Dena91 You're right. The other's need to step up.