A Well Needed Break

view from our room
@cintol (11476)
Last week we took a little break and went down to Galveston for the week. It was a nice change and being by the ocean was amazing. It was, however, very hot and humid down there though, I thought being the end of Oct would be better but it wasn't, I never knew my hair could curl so much! I spent a lot of time on the beach, even found some cool shells while I was there. Oh, and I almost fell into the Gulf twice because I didn't walk fast enough when the tide came in. Seems you get pretty dizzy when the water washes over you and your looking down at it, not a good place to be when everythings moving. LOL All in all it was a great break but was glad to be home again. Do you get to go to the ocean often?
What a wonderful place
@cintol (11476)
It is a peaceful place to be
Good morning.Great I see the ocean and the beach every weekend.IN Maine
@cintol (11476)
Good morning Alfredo, I love going to the ocean. You are so lucky, Is it close to you where you are? Our drive is 5 1/2 hrs to get to it but I will do that when I need too.
@cintol just less than a hour from her.Wow that is a long drive there?
@cintol (11476)
@amadeo I would love to only have an hour drive but I can manage this one, just hate driving through Houston!
It is a very long time that I do not go to the ocean, because the closest ocean to us is the Atlantic Ocean and it is 11 hours drive to get there.
@cintol (11476)
That is a long time to get there, its like when we lived in CO we were about 20 hrs from the ocean.
@cintol We have to go to France to see the Ocean, Italy is closer, but there is only the Mediterranean sea there.
@cintol (11476)
@LadyDuck That is a long way to go.
@kearkear (950)
• Davao, Philippines
So nice the view! Have a great day!
@cintol (11476)
Yes, it was a beautiful view and that huge ship in the ocean was fun to watch.
@xiaolisu (1297)
Yes i just was back from a coastal city last week. I got a phone call from my manager so i didn't spend the whole weekend over there
@cintol (11476)
Nice, too bad you had to come back for work! Do you live close to the water?
@xiaolisu (1297)
@cintol about 5 hours drive away
@cintol (11476)
@xiaolisu So about the same amount as me, thats a long time to drive back for work. I would have ignored the call LOL
Glad that you had a great week over there,
@cintol (11476)
Thanks Marlina
@cintol , You are welcome!
@wolfgirl569 (35589)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you enjoyed it.
@cintol (11476)
Thanks, it was refreshing to get away as we don't get many vacations
We're not really ocean people but I do understand about how nice it is to get home again. Glad you enjoyed the break.
@cintol (11476)
Thanks, after living most of my life in CO, oceans for us are a treat. I love listening to the waves, its so calming and it lowers my blood pressure lol
I have not been to the ocean in years. Too far away. We do have plenty of lakes, though.
@cintol (11476)
Thats how it was for us in CO but its only a 5 1/2 hr drive for us to get to Galveston in Texas now. We also have Lake Texoma which is huge but we don't go there much.
@Janet357 (63170)
you are fortunate for you were able to go to the beach. It is a relaxing place. I wish I could go to the sea or ocean.
@cintol (11476)
Are you a long way from the water where you live Simone? We used to be but since moving here we are only 5 1/2 hrs drive away
• Botswana
Wow Cindy i really envy you.I could do with such a break, i have recently been feeling like a should go to a different place to just offload.Unfortunately in my country we do not have an ocean or even a sea, we are a landlocked country surrounded by other countries.
@cintol (11476)
I feel for you, I find so much peace at the ocean listening to the waves, So relaxing there for me. Is there no place you can go to get a change of scenery and some relief from the every day struggles!
@happylife1 (13702)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Beautiful scenery
@cintol (11476)
Yes, it was great to wake up and sit on the balcony each morning and just take in the view.
We go to the ocean a lot in the summer.
@cintol (11476)
We are actually thinking of getting a summer place down there although I don't think I could handle the humidity and heat of the summer so I would use it in off seasons.
@moffittjc (91702)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't get to the ocean as much as I used to, but I grew up on the beach (my grandmother had a house right on the beach) and so I spent most of my formative years at the beach. Nowadays I only get a chance to go about once a month or so. Glad to hear you were able to get away and have a nice little break!
@cintol (11476)
Thanks, it was nice. I may not go often either if I grew up on the beach, I grew up in the mountains but I still love to spend time if I can there. The beach is new for me so still fun
@moffittjc (91702)
• Gainesville, Florida
@cintol The beach has never grown old for me. I love it each and every time I go.
@cintol (11476)
@moffittjc Yeah, I think I will too, just listening to the waves calms me and God knows I need all the calming I can get!! lol
@sol_cee (24616)
That’s what we all need, a breather
@cintol (11476)
Exactly, it was so nice.
@sol_cee (24616)
@cintol The beach is fifteen minutes on foot from my house but I haven’t been there since I came back home
@cintol (11476)
@sol_cee How long have you been back home? 15 min, thats so close, I wish I lived that close
@sallypup (41562)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My husband and I have fond memories of Galveston. This pandemic has stopped our plans of going to the Oregon beach until at least next year.
@cintol (11476)
I understand your putting it off, I have never been to the Oregon beach, is it pretty there? I love Galveston, I want to go again in April
@sallypup (41562)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@cintol The Oregon beach is very pretty. The beach has a trail that goes on for miles. There are lighthouses, too.
@cintol (11476)
@sallypup Oh, I would love to see a lighthouse, can you go up in them?
Sounds like paradise to me. We love the ocean and are fortunate to live nearby in CT and on the water in FL.
@cintol (11476)
You are so lucky to have it in both areas you live in, we are making our vacation in Florida next year so I will be able to see what its like down there.
@cintol We aren't returning this year due to the virus. We feel much safer living in CT.
@cintol (11476)
@DianneN Stay where your safe
Curly frizzy hair stinks. Mine often like that because I don’t take the time to do anything to make it look nicer. When its warm I just throw it up in a sloppy bun and the humidity makes all these little curls stick out all over. I enjoy the enjoy but I hate getting wet. I love looking to see what washes up on shore. Last time we went to the ocean my daughter got stung by a jellyfish I felt terrible.
@cintol (11476)
Yeah, I tried to clip mine up but it wasn't having it so I had to deal with the curl!! Now that I am back in North Texas, my hair is back to being straight again lol. I love watching what washes up after the tides, some interesting things in the sand. I'm sorry she got stung, that would be awful poor thing. I didn't see any jelly fish
@cintol interesting it’s so straight you hair in Texas but curls in high humidity. I wouldn’t expect it to be so straight yet be able to curl like that.
@cintol (11476)
@shaggin I never knew I could have curls till I moved to Texas lol, its always been thin and straight but boy, when the humidity comes in, it waves all over my head
@JESSY3236 (13684)
pretty picture. I don't go to the beach anymore.
@cintol (11476)
Thanks, I look at it every day and wish I was still there LOL. Is the beach too far from you now?
@JESSY3236 (13684)
@cintol Yeah it is, I never had live near the coast. My aunt used to live in Jacksonville FL and she loved going to the beach.
@cintol (11476)
@JESSY3236 Thats too bad your not closer. I bet your aunt loved it
I'm far from ocean, so maybe only two or three times in my life :-)
@cintol (11476)
I never knew how much I was missing until we moved here, wish you lived closer so you could enjoy it as much as I do
@cintol yeah I wish that :-)
@cintol (11476)