February 17 - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm thankful it's warming up. I got out this morning and got groceries. After the deep-freeze we've had for 2.5 weeks, I wasn't surprised to see a guy in shorts. But the lady with heelless slippers and no socks was a surprise. Frankly, at 7 degrees it's not that warm. Even if it does feel like a heatwave after the severe low temps we've had. I'm thankful for the work I got done on Vendetta this morning. I'm thankful I called the office. I have a spare key. It only cost $2. Very reasonable. I also let them know I want a new hot water heater. My water lasts 10 minutes at best. It's supposed to last half an hour. Okay, that's it for today. I'm off the computer. I'll see you tomorrow. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
I am all good Just hoping to continue reading for a while.
I'm glad you're doing well.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
@just4him Thank you, I am hoping to get in the gym soon. They want to open the pool soon.
@sharon6345 I'm glad they'll be opening soon.
@kaylachan (13479)
That's the fun of winter. The weather can't seem to make up its mind. Wow, someone walking around in shorts in 7-degree weather. I can't imagine. I can't talk, I most likely would be in sweatpants and a t-shirt at best. Maybe a sweat shirt. My body can be strange sometimes in how it reacts to the cold. In answer to the age old question, I would have to say. I'm thankful I stayed dry. I am thankful that I was able to get my questions answered. I'm thankful the cats are getting along.
The weather does strange things to people here. It's fun to see those who think we've progressed into spring and summer after the frigid temps we had. I'm glad you stayed dry and your cats are getting along.
@kaylachan (13479)
@just4him Oh yeah. It looks like a bright sunny day to be had, today. Looking forward to it.
@kobesbuddy (118969)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It's good to hear that you're feeling more upbeat today and got some groceries. Our temp is up a little, which I appreciate, also. Shorts/ Heeless slippers/no socks? Are people going nuts, or what? It's like some brains aren't registering normally. I'm thankful that yesterday is in the past, over and done with forever.
Thank you. Life is back to normal. I went to the pool this morning. I think people's brains flip a switch when it warms up and they do crazy things when it starts to warm up. Yes, yesterday is gone forever.
@kobesbuddy (118969)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him This morning in my car, the outdoor temp registered at -1. About a half hour later, it was up to 17 degrees, as our weather man predicted. Brian isn't wrong every time! lol Seasonal affective disorder is very real, this happens to many.
@kobesbuddy I know it does. I've never been affected by it. I'm glad you're warming up.
I am thankful my internet came back on without a problem. It is distressing to have it out first thing in the morning.
Yes, it is. I'm glad it's back and working well.
@thelme55 (63950)
I am thankful that I am healthy and I hope it will always be.
I hope you will always be healthy too.
@thelme55 (63950)
@just4him Thank you.
• Rupert, Idaho
Glad it is warming up....and you were able to get groceries. Hope the rest of your day goes well...
Thank you. My day went very well.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him No problem...and that is good to hear...
@sallypup (43025)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry you've had such awful weather. I've been snowed in for about a week. The temps have at last gone above freezing. I think the county roads are fine so I am going to try to drive down my snowed up driveway this afternoon cause hubby needs to go to a doc appointment and we could use some groceries.
I'm sorry you've been snowed in for a week. It's good the temps are above freezing. I hope the doctor's appointment went well.
• Midland, Michigan
You do know that if it warms up much more your lovely snow will melt it are you expecting more? I'm thankful I have money to pay my bills and that I finally got paid the vacation pay I expected to get last week. I'm happy the temps will be going up a bit more too.
Yes, I know. I'm not looking forward to the melt next week. However, we are getting more snow on Sunday and it looks like accumulation. It's also snowing this morning. Flurries. I'm glad you got your vacation pay.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him we had flurries last night but less than an inch on the ground. I heard more was coming Sunday night too. I'll check my weather app later.
@MarshaMusselman Did you get more snow? We did last night and supposed to get more tonight too.
Your heater surely has a problem, half an hour is not a lot, but 10 minutes it is ridiculous.
The maintenance man told me it's a 40-gallon tank. He was just here. I got my second shower this morning, I went to the pool this morning, but needed to take one here too so he would know how long it lasted. I was happy to tell him the water was still hot when I got out, though I didn't know how long it lasted, but more than 10 minutes.
@just4him I am glad it is working, we have a tankless gas water heater, it is very convenient the water is hot all the time we need it.
@LadyDuck Thank you. I'm glad you have a tankless water heater. My daughter did too when she lived here.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
We got snow overnight, but it will be melting soon.
I'm sure it was pretty while it lasted.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@just4him Yes it really was.
@CarolDM I'm glad it was.
@xander6464 (18563)
• Wapello, Iowa
That's great that you got the extra key. I'm thankful for the warm temps, too. It went up to 15 today. It snowed again but at least it was warm.
Thank you. That's the best kind of snow. The weather is perfect.
@xander6464 (18563)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him It's like you're reading my mind! Perfect is just what I'm thinking. And a few other words...you were in the Navy, you've probably heard them before.
@xander6464 Most likely.
@moonandstars (46605)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
10 minutes is not enough and good call. i was thankful for enduring crazy weather too
No, it's not enough. It's much better now. I'm glad you're enduring the crazy weather.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him thank you.
@Nevena83 (58182)
• Serbia
I am grateful that we had a few days of sunny days and managed to prepare firewood.
I'm glad you did. Sunny days are good for getting the firewood you need.
@Nevena83 (58182)
• Serbia
@just4him Yes, even then less wood is consumed.
I am thankful that we did not get a storm
I'm glad you didn't.
It will give you peace of mind to have a spare key.
Yes, it does.
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
I was thankful to see the sun today. It made the day happier
I'm sure it did make for a happy day.
@Fleura (13898)
It's much warmer here this week too - practically tropical in comparison to last week!
I'm sure it is. I'm glad it warmed up for you too.