No Photo for a Change

We are both so sore and stiff from our skiing and snowshoeing that we decided to take the day off and go for a ride for an hour or two. Hubs is in the garage warming up the SUV. You really need one up here in Vermont. Have to tell you quickly about the two bathrooms in the in-law suite our son got especially for us. He had the contractors redo all the bathrooms and the kitchen. Everything else just needed a fresh coat of paint. There is a convenient powder room, and a double en-suite off our bedroom. Each has two sinks, a toilet in a separate closet, a huge shower with all kinds of sprays, and one has a soaker tub, and the other a jetted tub. I use both tubs, one at a time of course, since hub’s only uses the shower. Decisions, decisions. It’s overkill, but it’s nice to have such a choice. We have an en-suite in both our house and condo, but nothing like these! Do you have an en-suite?
@xFiacre (9010)
@DianneN Nope, but we will in the house we’re to move to shortly. I’m not really a big fan - feels like peeing in the bedroom. And I really disapprove of having a bath tub situated right in the bedroom as some folk have. I’ve even seen a glass shower cubicle IN a hotel bedroom. Not for me.
Nope. An en-suite needs a large room with a door. I hope you have a door to yours. Never saw a shower or tub in a bedroom l. Ewwww
@xFiacre (9010)
@DianneN Portugal is the worst for this sort of nonsense. Stayed in a hotel (4*) which of course had a bathroom en suite. Problem was that the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom was GLASS!!!! Yes! The bath/shower was beside this glass wall and I discovered that there was a fabric blind you could pull down for modesty, but as you stood in the shower the bathroom light was behind you so you were silhouetted on the blind. I of course pulled the blind down and didn't put the light on, but there was more than enough light coming from the bedroom through the blind so that was find. Each morning the cleaner left the place spotless, but with the blind raised - this seemed to be the default position. I've never met anyone who would find all this acceptable.
@xFiacre How awful! I am one who needs my privacy.
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
That looks heavenly. When we do our bathroom remodel I can’t wait to be able to take a relaxing bath and soak. We don’t have a en-suite.
Thanks! I take a bath every night before TV and movie time. Usually a bubble bath or oils and lotions and potions. You’d love it!
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
@DianneN I sure would I use to take them when Inwas married we had a full bathroom in our bedroom I had everything bath salts bubble bath oils it was heavenly.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Yes we have an en-suite here. Enjoy!
My house is probably to old for en-suite. I could come to your house. Do you have a soaker tub?
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@jstory07 A jacuzzi.
@HazySue (37043)
• Inverness, Florida
How wonderful. You will be living in the lap of luxury. We used to have an en-suite until we downsized and moved back into the house we bought over twenty years ago.
His place is very swanky. lol My parents put in an en-suite when my father built their house one million years ago.
@HazySue (37043)
• Inverness, Florida
21h
@DianneN An en-suite is a wonderful thing to have,
I would think after a day of skiing soaking in a nice jetted tub would be heavenly. Your in law suite does sound awesome and I'm happy you have such luxury handy. Yes I have an en suite here...two sinks, big tub and separate shower.
Thanks! Our son’s place is extremely upscale. He only added finishing touches. I love the high ceilings with floor to ceiling windows the most. What a view! You’re en-suite sounds very similar.
@FourWalls (31270)
My house was built in 1950, so the only way to make it en-suite is to put a potty chair next to my bed! Hope you’re having a blast on your vacation!!!!
My parents built their house a million years ago and put in an en-suite. No excuses! Thanks! I’m not sure I want to return home!
sounds wonderful!
It would be much nice if we were in the Caribbean.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
I hope you enjoy the time you have there. I am enjoying my movies. today.
Thanks! Loving it here! Have a wonderful day!
@WorDazza (15896)
• Manchester, England
No en-suite since we down-sized. Although as our house is so small the two steps across the hall from our bedroom door to the bathroom door almost makes it an en-suite!
My husband grew up with only one bathroom and never had a problem sharing it. I shared a hall bathroom with my two brothers and never gave it a second tho, although it was across the hall from my bedroom, too.
@WorDazza (15896)
• Manchester, England
@DianneN It's not too bad as there are just the two of us. When we had both children at home the ensuite was an absolute must.
I will be right there for that soaker tub. How neat. But you are bad for no picture.
My son doesn’t want me to post photos of his ski chalet on social media in case he sells it. Besides, I posted this and ran away!
@DianneN That makes sense so you are not bad after all.
@LowRiderX (23715)
• Serbia
@DianneN It’s weird to me when you don’t post a photo No, I don't, these apartments aren't even built that way
I was in a rush. I’m reading a book in my spare time about Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia. Thinking of you!
@LowRiderX (23715)
• Serbia
@DianneN Awww that's so nice of you, that's what I do when there's a topic in the house and then I explain ... 'mine Dianne, she lives in the USA and she says ...' yes, it happensyes i always appropriate you with 'mine'
@LowRiderX You are so sweet! I call you my friend in Serbia. I'm learning a lot about your history, too.
Nothing like that at Solitaire
Sorry to hear that. I was positive you included one in your master bedroom.
@DianneN I only have the bath and toilet there.
• Pamplona, Spain
Nothing like that at all its a very small place and us being able to move was really slowed down by all what started last year. I would use the tubs as well for sure.
I understand. I need a good soak later. My hot shower didn't do a thing for me today.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN A hot shower is great for achy muscles. I nearly wrote acne muscles instead.
@spiderdust (9699)
• San Jose, California
Snowshoeing! That's something I haven't done in years.
It was certainly a workout!
• San Jose, California
@DianneN I'll bet it was! It's surprising how much energy we use up just walking in the snow, with snowshoes or without. I do love how you can walk on top of the snow with them!
@jobelbojel (21139)
No, I don't have an en-suite. That would be my dream to have such a nice bathroom.
Not all homes have them. Good to see you.
@jobelbojel (21139)
@DianneN I have here but not communicating too much. I don't know I feel tired and useless.
@jobelbojel Aww, sorry to here that. You must be exhausted from work. Hopefully, you will get your mojo back.
Yes, we have an en-suite here with a soaker tub and a shower. The jetter tub is outside, the whirlpool hot tub, my husband thought it would be funny to get a hot bath outside in winter, never had one.
We have one on our deck in Vermont. I doubt anyone would use it in the winter. Summer, maybe.
@DianneN I was sure we would have never used it in winter, in late spring is nice, also during autumn.
Yes, I do. however, only one large walk incloset. It is big though...it could be used as another room in a pinch,,,no joke.
Sounds awesome! Our walk-closets here are about the sizes as those we have in Florida and in CT, except mine is 15 by 15 and still too small for me.
@DianneN I have seen some like celebrities have that could be an entire bedroom!!! I don't need one as big as the one I have but I will never have another house that doesn't have a walk in. They really spoil you.
It sounds like heaven.
We are so high up that it's almost like being in heaven.
@DianneN I'm glad you're having so much fun skiing.
We have ordinary bathrooms . . . one main . . . and actually my daughter has the room with the 1/2 bath which is sort of like an en suite I guess .
A girl needs a bathroom of her own. I had to share one with my two brothers, but when my father built the house, he included an en-suite for him and my mom. I only remember showering in it once or twice.
@DianneN That's how it was (will still is) at my parent's house. We all shared the main, but my parents' room had the ensuite.
• Midland, Michigan
I'm not sure that I even know what that term means. Many homes here have a master bath and some have jacuzzis in the tubs. We only have one bathroom upstairs and no master bath. So you staying in Vermont a little longer yet? Might as well enjoy the snow in a place like that.
Yes, it’s a bathroom within a master bedroom. Still enjoying the snow here. We will return later in the week.
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN those bathrooms are around here in the bigger homes but to my knowledge that term isn't used here although I've never asked.