I don't want to go out...

Photo by Pixabay. Photo isn't mine.
By DE
@DaddyEvil (34564)
but I suppose I'll have to take Pretty shopping today. *sigh* It's her birthday (She's 33.) and we don't have the ingredients to make a cake... Why can't things be simple and easy?
If you wanted to spend extra money, you could have the stuff delivered via one of those apps like Doordash?
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Yeah, she won't let me spend the money to do that. She just wants to go to Walmart for a pre-made cake. Thanks for the idea, though.
@DaddyEvil I can't say as I blame her though. I haven't used any of those services for that reason. My brother in law and nephew do doordash and ubereats and apparently they make enough side income for it to be worth it.
@stephcjh (34783)
Good idea!!! If they have stuff like that available to them. We don't have such options here where we live. We live too far out they say but we are right off of the highway. Makes no sense to me but it is what it is. There is nothing in our county but there is 15 miles from here.
@Gguusia (198)
• Poland
Her smile will compensate for all difficulties :)
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Maybe... I guess I'll see.
@stephcjh (34783)
Happy Birthday to her. I hope she enjoys. I make things as simple as possible here too. I order stuff ahead of time and have it delivered so I usually have these things on hand. I hate going out too.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thanks, I'll tell her. Hopefully, she'll just choose one that is pre-made so I don't have to do extra cooking today. We live in a smaller city. No delivery here.
@stephcjh (34783)
@DaddyEvil We can't get a lot of things delivered here either where we live but I can get non-parishable items from places online delivered though like Amazon, etc.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@stephcjh We do use Amazon but I don't think a cake would be delivered like that. *really grinning at you*
@Fleura (14160)
Oh no! Hope you can get what you need quickly!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Me, too. Thanks.
@Fleura (14160)
@DaddyEvil Hope she has a lovely day!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@Fleura I left her a note on the dry erase board to let me know when she wants to go. I can hear her playing a game online right now. I'm sure she will, thanks.
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Life never seems simple and easy. I order what I can online. Happy Birthday to her.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thanks, I'll tell her. I'm bad at remembering birthdays and so is she. I just happened to think about hers last night too late to go out to get something for her. (She's 33, so won't be upset about it. *shrug*)
• Pamplona, Spain
Maybe you can buy a cake another day and celebrate it then in the meantime wish her a Happy Birthday also from us.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
I'll tell her and thank you. I've already taken her to the store so she could pick up a piece of cake. She's watching her weight, so only wanted a piece.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DaddyEvil A bit of what you like never did any harm every so often. Hope you had a great day the two of you.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@lovinangelsinstead21 I agree... We did and thank you very much.
@kobesbuddy (119501)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Is Pretty a dog or a cat?
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Pretty. Photo is mine.
Pretty is my 33 year old daughter.
@kobesbuddy (119501)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DaddyEvil Oh I'm sorry, I don't remember reading about your daughter.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@kobesbuddy It's okay. I talk about her a lot but may not have said she's my daughter where you could have read it. *shrug* I've been divorced twice. Her mom was my first wife. Then I got married again and divorced the second wife about a year later. No big deal.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
You will be ok if you just go and get it. Just remember once you arrive back home you will be ok.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Cake from Walmart. Photo is mine.
I was okay before I took her to get cake. She could have remembered it as easily as I did. We just got home with it, though. She just wanted a single slice of cake from Wally World.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
@DaddyEvil That is what I would want as well. I don't want a whole cake here.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@sharon6345 Since we try not to go anywhere so we don't catch Covid, we try to stay away from too many sweets. A single piece of cake should be okay. She'll just exercise a little longer to work it back off.
@myklj999 (54447)
Can't you just order a cake delivered? I have some carrot cake I'll share Tell her I said Happy Birthday and it's too cold to go shopping.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Our city is too small for delivery. The only place that delivers here is Pizza Hut. The last time I looked they don't have cake. I took her to Wally World and let her get some from there. I'll tell her but I wish you could have told her it was too cold to go. She wouldn't believe me. She took my phone away from me and opened the weather app. "It's 43 degrees out! Take me now!" is what she yelled. *sigh*
@myklj999 (54447)
@DaddyEvil I think CVS and Domino's may be the only delivery here...well, 3 other pizza places...but our Hut closed several months ago and they even stripped the sign off the top of the building, it's gone for good I believe. 3rd time we've had a Domino's though, hope this one stays since they built a brand new building and it has a drive-thru pickup option... We're a bit under 9,000 people last I knew
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@myklj999 They just opened a Taco Bell here. Second time for them here. Pizza Hut is next door to them. (Taco Bell moved into the KFC building. I'd rather have the KFC, honestly.) A bit over 7,000 people here.
If you have to go out, why not treat her to a cake from the bakery and save yourself the chore of baking it yourself.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
That's what we did. Well, not a bakery... I took her to Walmart. She just wanted a single slice. She's trying to watch her weight.
@DaddyEvil Happy Birthday to her!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@Juliaacv I'll tell her. Thank you!
@moonandstars (46928)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
ordering it online?
@DaddyEvil (34564)
I took her to the grocery store this morning so she could pick whatever kind of cake she wanted.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@DaddyEvil awesome!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@moonandstars She thought so.
Happy Birthday to Pretty, I did not know that she is a Pisces like me, my birthday is tomorrow.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thank you, I'll tell her. Happy birthday to you, Anna.
@DaddyEvil Thank you, I am going to celebrate, this one is important.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@LadyDuck Oh, nice! Let me guess... you're finally going to turn 21, right?
@xander6464 (19033)
• Wapello, Iowa
Why can't things be simple and easy? ------------I'm sure there must be an answer to that one.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
True... but I notice you didn't tell me the answer.
@xander6464 (19033)
• Wapello, Iowa
@DaddyEvil Well, there are rules and regulations, NDA's and the like...if it weren't for them, I'd be happy to give you the answer. And the solution.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@xander6464 Uh huh... you're one of 'those' kind of people. *sigh*
@sunrisefan (27510)
Belated happy birthday to Pretty!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thank you. I'll tell her you said so.
@sunrisefan (27510)
@DaddyEvil You're welcome Hope you two had a good celebration of her birthday.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@sunrisefan We did... I played on myLot and she played video games in her room.
• Israel
@DaddyEvil I hope Pretty had a nice birthday and who made the cake? What kind was it? I am with you because I hate going out too and wish that things could be simple and easy too.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thank you, she played video games all day, so I'm sure she enjoyed herself. I took her to Walmart and she picked out a yellow cake with vanilla frosting. With the pandemic, I'm afraid nothing is going to be very easy again. *sigh*
• Israel
@DaddyEvil You are welcome and so glad she enjoyed herself. So how was the cake? You are right with the pandemic who knows when anything will be easy or ok again.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@Hannihar I don't know. She only bought one slice and I didn't ask for her to share it with me. (I bought some mini blueberry muffins that I ate. She doesn't like blueberries.)
@cacay1 (53272)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Life is indeed difficult and scary in this trying time. I hope you were able to make it.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Yes, I took my daughter, Pretty, to Walmart and let her pick out the kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Then she played video games the rest of the day. Sometimes it's hard to know in advance what to do. I can't believe she and I both forgot her birthday was coming.
@cacay1 (53272)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DaddyEvil always check your calendar,lol.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@cacay1 We don't have one. I even shut off the one on my phone.
I guess you should have gotten the things when you were in the mood... Roomie and friend both have birthdays next month. I might buy some ice cream cupcakes and dole them out at the appropriate times..lol.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Yeah, with all the snow/ice and below 0 F temps we've been having, I haven't wanted to set foot outside. I did take Pretty to Walmart yesterday so she could pick out the cake she wanted... Then she disappeared into her room and played video games the rest of the day.
@DaddyEvil OK...well she sounds a bit like a teenager.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@snowy22315 Playing video games is her job. She works for Hawaii Gaming Commission. They send her the new video games a month or two before they come out for sale. She plays the crap out of the games and then writes about them online and they pay her for that.
What's so complicated about taking your wife shopping?
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Uhm... the fact that she's my daughter not my wife might make that a bit more difficult. *smiling at you*
@DaddyEvil I did not know she was your daughter. Then you can always refuse
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@allknowing I'm sorry. I thought I'd told you that. Yeah, but then she gets cranky, so I took her out to get some cake. All is well in her world now.
Happy Belated Birthday to Pretty. Everyone needs a cake on their birthday.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thank you! I took her to Wally World and let her get what she wanted.
@DaddyEvil Then you were both happy!
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@DianneN True... Then I started playing on myLot and she played video games.
@thelme55 (64470)
Happy birthday to Pretty. I wish her a healthy and happy life. Enjoy the celebration.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Thank you. I'll tell her you said so. What kind of cake do you like best?
@thelme55 (64470)
@DaddyEvil The original German Black Forest cake.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@thelme55 I've tried that. It was good!