Coffee and Some Chit Chat

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I was going to start this by saying there's no snow today BUT when I looked out of the window there's flurries. The forecast said no snow for the next week and temperatures would rise enough to melt some of this mess. So, Mother Nature, what's up with the snow today? It's not funny!!! Anyway, my coffee has kicked in and I have things that need doing around the house. Yesterday I was pretty lazy so today I'm playing catch up. Got the taxes off to the accountant so that's one less thing to worry about. Got a big surprise yesterday when I called about not getting a heating bill. I actually have a credit of $45 so that's why I haven't received a bill. I just ordered myself an insulated coffee mug from Amazon. It was on sale from $27 to $13 with a 10% off coupon plus free shipping. I'm so tired of having my coffee get cold when I sit here at the computer to myLot, etc. It should be here in two days and fingers crossed that it gets delivered on time. Some items still get caught up in the whole delayed delivery. Tonights dinner is ham steak, baked potatoes and roasted cauliflower. We've been getting these beautiful heads of cauliflower at Sams Club and I love it roasted. I almost could make a meal out of just the cauliflower. Now I have to find something for breakfast before it gets later than it is and it turns into lunch. Hope you're having a good day
For such a great coffee drinker as you that insulated cup will be ideal.
I hope it works Janet. I hate when my coffee gets cold before I'm halfway done.
@Marilynda1225 Good luck with it.
@thelme55 (64152)
It’s nice to have an insulated coffee mug. Enjoy your Tuesday. We have a warm weather this week.
Enjoy your nice warm weather
@thelme55 (64152)
@Marilynda1225 Thank you. I will.
The snow came here last night, but right now it is melting as it is 4C, which is mild for here for this time of the year. Your supper sounds yummy, can I stop by?
You're always welcome to stop by and join us for a meal, a cup of coffee or just a visit
@Marilynda1225 Coffee would be a better deal!
@arunima25 (54566)
• Bangalore, India
Hope the delivery comes in time. You are right Amazon guys are overworked in this pandemic. I am a vegetarian person and love veggies. Your roasted vegetables sound delicious to me. Have a wonderful day
I've been eating more and more veggies lately. Roasting them is my new favorite way to cook them
@arunima25 (54566)
• Bangalore, India
@Marilynda1225 I love veggies and I love to have different colours on my plate.
@Tina30219 (67196)
• Onaway, Michigan
Yeah I hate it when my coffee gets cold from sitting because I forgot about it. I am getting ready to go take a shower here in a few.
My coffee gets cold by the time I'm half way. I hate it when I have to get up and heat it in the microwave
@Tina30219 (67196)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marilynda1225 Right or when you put it in the microwave and walk away for a minute and forget about it and have to hear it up again lol.
I like to eat only vegetable time by time. I made a vegetable Stroganoff yesterday evening for dinner and it was really good.
Since I started roasting my veggies in the oven it's become my favorite way to eat them. The older I've gotten the more I enjoy vegetables Vegetable Stroganoff sounds delicious
@Marilynda1225 I also like to grill vegetables, particularly during summer, grilled vegetables are my favorite lunch.
@CarolDM (117915)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Maybe the snow will be gone soon. Your dinner sounds very good. Nice and sunshine here today.
We had flurries on and off all day but they didn't amount to anything. No sun though
@CarolDM (117915)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Marilynda1225 I hope you get sunshine soon.
Good Morning! I might have to borrow your idea bout insulated coffee mugs. I tend to drink my coffee faster than I want to because I don't want it to get cold and I don't like reheated coffee! I hope the snow clears out for you all, but I'd really love it if you could send it down here! We have a wacky week of weather ahead. I think we're going to be in the 60's one day, but in the 20's the night before that! Ham steaks sound delicious. Do you roast your cauliflower with anythign special?
I'm hoping the insulated mug does the trick. My coffee gets cold too fast and I'm not fond of having to reheat it half way through. I mist Olive oil and sprinkle salt on the cauliflower and cook at 400 degrees
@Marilynda1225 Hope the mug works for you. Thanks for letting me know what you do. I actually plan to try a cauliflower potato salad soon as it's going to be on our St. Patrick's day menu and I want to make sure it'll work well for my purpose.
I always drink my coffee out of my travel mug. It keeps it so hot. Treated myself to a new food thermos last week. So nice at work to have hot food at lunch time, without waiting for a microwave. It was on sale too.
When I was working I had a travel mug that kept my coffee nice and hot. I kept it on my desk and sipped it throughout the morning. Glad you're enjoying your new thermos.
A bit of snow this morning but now, nothing
We had flurries on and off but they didn't amount to anything
It snows here in Vermont almost every single day. Happy you have a heat credit. You know our heat is free? lol Amazon has been getting better with deliveries, I believe, especially if you have Prime. That mug will be perfect for you!
Vermont can have their snow Yes Amazon has gotten better thank goodness. I really need that mug!!
@HazySue (37087)
• Inverness, Florida
I was glad to hear of the heating bill credit. Dinner sounds incredible. We will be having some fresh cold cuts, potato salad and macaroni salad.
Your dinner sounds good too. Potato salad is one of my favorites
So far so good. Roasted veggies are good.
My new favorite way to eat them
Your dinner sounds great. I LOVE roasted cauliflower.
My favorite way to eat veggies
• Kenya
Am enjoying a cold evening here
• Midland, Michigan
Do you roast your cauliflower while or cool it into pieces first? I saw a video for banking it and then putting some type of sauce over the head. It looked good but I couldn't hear what the recipe was to try it out.
@RebeccasFarm (22448)
• Denver, Colorado
Happy Thursday now
• Israel
@Marilynda1225 I hope your cup arrives on time too and you can have hot coffee instead of cold.
Spring will be here soon. Then the flowers will grow and the birds will be back. Dinner sounds good. It was an okay day.
That's great that you have a credit.