Went window shopping yesterday

Midland, Michigan
Windows shopping if you don't know it's the idea of looking through store windows for things you might want to buy one day in the future. We went to Lowes to check out products and prices of flooring, cupboards, and sinks all for the kitchen. We also glanced at refrigerators and toilets. The picture shows the flooring we agreed upon. I didn't want wood in my kitchen but they didn't have what I wanted so we looked at the different laminates and I don't remember what each type were called. This one could cost about 1200.00 if we have Lowes install it and if the floor that we have now isn't glued on. If it's glued on it has many layers well need help getting it off. Before we get the floor we need to look at cupboards and get those installed first. We considering Ikea cupboards with drawers on the bottom. My sister used them in two condos and they look great but hubs has never seen them. We have some other things to get done before all of this like a pocket door removed. And we did good we didn't buy a thing. I have to go to an ATM to take out money from one bank to make a deposit into another and then I'll come play here for a bit.
I find it really hard to make decisions about cupboards, flooring and such.
Same here, it gives me anxiety
• Midland, Michigan
The flooring was relatively easy once I figured out what I wanted wasn't available. The cabinets might take more time but my sister's been through it twice so she'll be a lot of help. And I've given it the six month test or whatever you called it Judy. This is something we've talked about for several years already.
• Midland, Michigan
@marlina if it made me anxious I'd probably stop the process.
Lots to consider when buying new stuff for the kitchen,
• Midland, Michigan
My husband hates our countertop so we might get new of that too along with a new kitchen sink and a finished project with our stove.
• Midland, Michigan
The gal that might be doing the work will come look at our projects soon and then we'll know when we can begin. She's not scheduled very far out just yet.
I like the Ikea cabinets, should I decide to replace the kitchen I would seriously consider Ikea.
• Midland, Michigan
We may decide not to change them but it'll depend on the price. They are very nice and you have options for types of doors.
@MarshaMusselman I bought some white cabinets for our laundry room at Ikea, we installed them.
• Midland, Michigan
@LadyDuck how long ago did you buy them?
I like the flooring you have in the photo. Looks crisp and clean. All my husband does it window shop online it drives me crazy. Packages come here constantly!
• Midland, Michigan
Then he's not window shopping he's actually buying.
@MarshaMusselman well he does both he doesn’t always buy stuff that day I’d just prefer if he window shopped and not bought. Last night I saw him looking up fly fishing lures as if he doesn’t already have plenty.
• Midland, Michigan
@shaggin he could at least talk to you about what he wants to buy beforehand because eventually you'll need a lot of baby things. But if you never talked about that before you got married you may not get him to change either.
I finally learned to do e-tranfers so I didn't have to move cash from one bank to another. I need to go window shopping for new windows But don't feel like spending the money.
• Midland, Michigan
You use to different banks for the e transfers or is it two different accounts at the same bank?
@MarshaMusselman Two different banks.
• Midland, Michigan
@paigea I'm not sure but I don't think that's possible to do here, e transfers with two different banking institutions.
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
The flooring you picked out is gong to make it look like you have marble floors! Good luck with all the things you would like to get done. I hope the project goes very smoothly once you get everything selected and get it started.
• Midland, Michigan
I never thought what the flooring would look like other than in the pics . We may opt out of the cupboards or just do the bottoms for now depending on the estimate for cost.
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
@MarshaMusselman It's always nice to dream big, but it's not always nice when you get the price tag that comes along with it.
• Midland, Michigan
@moffittjc the cupboards themselves aren't that expensive it will be the labor of putting them together that will be the fun part.
@JESSY3236 (14204)
My mother and I will be looking into flooring too sometime. My uncle had ugly green carpet all over his house. A few years ago he had put down some flooring for most of the house. He decided not to do the tv room and a guest bedroom.
• Midland, Michigan
Are those the rooms you have to look for flooring for?
@JESSY3236 (14204)
• Midland, Michigan
@JESSY3236 those should be easy enough as traffic should be less.
@porwest (42534)
"Window shopping" is actually a lot of fun. It's even more fun when you actually have something to shop for. Like my situation now needing a new dishwasher and a new stove. It's fun just to look. It's even better when you don't have to open your wallet, although it is inevitable that eventually the wallet will have to be opened.
• Midland, Michigan
If more people window shopped before opening their wallets they probably wouldn't over spend so much.
@porwest (42534)
@MarshaMusselman This is very true. Especially in the case of shopping for something in particular. Nothing worse than buying on immediate need or impulse only to find something cheaper and better somewhere else.
@moonandstars (47929)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
only furniture salons get my attention. all others are not that attractive.
• Midland, Michigan
Well if you had an old house then household furnishings might. Our house is older than we are and we've updated a few things but not the bigger ones.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@MarshaMusselman of course. that's the different thing
I miss window shopping.
• Midland, Michigan
Can't you still go out is it because you're more tired now. You can do a short of window shopping online instead.
@MarshaMusselman A good idea.
@CarolDM (127036)
Glad you agreed on the flooring.
• Midland, Michigan
So am I. It looks like wood, sort of but might be easier to clean.
@CarolDM (127036)
@MarshaMusselman Sounds like a winner.
I have laminate flooring in most of the rooms in here. I like it and it is a lot easier to clean than carpet. Allergens don't get trapped everywhere either.
• Midland, Michigan
We have recently gotten all our carpet removed. Hopefully it will make a big difference on my allergies.. Oh I forgot I still have one small room with it but when the our in the kitchen flooring that carpet will be torn out.
@Nevena83 (60429)
• Serbia
I like your choice of floor color.
• Midland, Michigan
Thanks we do too.
@garymarsh6 (22676)
A healthy way of shopping especially for your bank balance! It is good to check out these things before hand so you know what you are letting yourself in for.Lots of hardware companies have interactive programmes too help design and fit your kitchen giving you a better idea what it would look like once finished. A good idea sort of try before you buy without necessarily buying! We had the exact problem with the flooring in our house it was a nightmare discovering the different layers of stuff that had to be removed.
• Midland, Michigan
We may have to just do the lower cabinets for now and the higher ones a different year but maybe n none at all. It all depends.
@FourWalls (32468)
I was in Lowe’s too yesterday. Sort of window shopping: I was buying new blinds for my windows.
• Midland, Michigan
That sounds like fun too.
window shopping for a kitchen remodel is fun. Hope you find all the things you're looking for when the time comes
• Midland, Michigan
I hope we have enough money set aside. This began as needing me flooring. We could get by without new cabinets but it works make it house look that much better.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
We are looking into floors too. We've torn out the cheap fake wood floors from every room but ours and are rocking painted concrete floors until we get replacement stuff.
• Midland, Michigan
Wow your have time and energy to remodel your own home too?
@hailon98 (767)
• Mombasa, Kenya
I once in a while go window shopping too....hope you get it
• Midland, Michigan
Down the road maybe in a few months the work night begin.