Do You Use A Lapdesk?

Lapdesks
@Ronrybs (11376)
London, England
Living in a small flat, space is at a premium especially with a cat taking up all the available room! I don’t have a proper desk, but use a lap desk. Basically, just a flat surface with some padding underneath. Many years back I made my own by cutting some wood sheet to size withouto padding. I then discovered that they are actually manufactured and with a nice finish. The one on the left, in the picture, is pretty basic and is the first one I bought, several years back. I only use when I am writing by hand. I like to do that often, so I don’t forget how! The bigger, grey, one is only a few weeks old and designed with a laptop in mind and has room for a mouse, which I appreciate as I hate using the touch pad. There is also a slot to hold your cellphone. While it would be nice to have a true desk, I get along well with a lap desk and keep it handy. Does anyone use a lap desk or something similar?
@RebeccasFarm (26826)
• Denver, Colorado
I have never used one, but it seems a very useful and comfortable way to have a flat surface. I have a tiny desk in the kitchen I use. When in the living room, I just set it on the coffee table.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
Coffee table sounds a bit low for me
• Denver, Colorado
@Ronrybs This one is a bit low but I am not too high
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
@RebeccasFarm I would have to kneel to use mine!
One of our friend uses a lapdesk all the time. I have never used mine, but it's a very good solution for a small apartment.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
And it means I can sit in the comfy chair!
@Ronrybs I have bought one, I cannot wait to use it outside when I will go with my laptop in the garden.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
@LadyDuck I do find it handy. I have a small folding table I sometimes use, but this is easier
@prinzcy (22631)
I have a portable laptop desk to be used anywhere. It's basically a small desk.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
Sounds handy, is it like the picture?
@prinzcy (22631)
@Ronrybs here's an image from Shopee. It's like this.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
@prinzcy I have not seen one of these. Will have to investigate further
@jobelbojel (23161)
This looks very nice. I have my laptop on the table but it is not working so I am using my phone.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
Phones are far too small for me to use like that!
@jobelbojel (23161)
@Ronrybs I am getting used to it. Until I get a new laptop I will continue to use my mobile phone.
That sounds a really good idea. Mostly I sit my laptop on my lap (surprise, surprise) and just operate the mous on the corner of the keypad. We have what's marketed as 'stable tables' for when we eat in front of the TV. They sound a little bit similar to your lapdesk.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
I sometimes use a folding table for the computer, but it is just not quite right in height
@Ronrybs In our office, the surface is slightly lower than a normal table and we have office chairs which we can raise or lower. I have a footstool too but now I mostly sit in my recliner to use the laptop.
I have used one in the past.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
A handy piece of kit
@Ronrybs certainly is
@CarolDM (127022)
I have my laptop on my table. Yours looks neat.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
The only table I have is a small folding one and it adjusts to either just too short or just too tall for comfortable typing
@CarolDM (127022)
@Ronrybs Whatever works for you.
@Dena91 (12319)
Looks good. I use a pillow to put the tablet on when I am on it in the living room.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
My tablet case allows me to angle it, so it is just right on my lap without anything else
I like the bigger one! I don't use one of those as I prefer my regular desk in my office
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
I like the grey one, but the smaller one is good for writing on. I'd like a desk, but there is no room for one here
@sallypup (44134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
No on the desk and I pay for it when one of my fur kids jumps up to bother me.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
My little fur monster doesn't fit, but doesn't stop her from trying!
I use a padded tray on my lap. There are some sort of beans inside the padding so I can easily change the angle. I don't use a mouse so that is fine for me. I like sitting in my armchair while computing.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
I'd be lost without a mouse, they have more options than the touch pad
@CinnamonGrl (7134)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
No, I['ve never had one of those. That's nice though. I either have my laptop on the dining table, or just on my lap or tummy if I'm lying down.) I hope to get a nice desk in my room upstairs, and a good All In One like I used to have.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
I like the new one as it is so much easier to use the mouse, but I think you can't beat a real desk!
@thelme55 (66997)
This is the first time I heard about a lap desk. That looks good. Thanks for the info.
No I work on my laptop on a regular table and I have a separate keyboard attached.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
I think I got the smaller one from Amazon and the larger from an online computer bits shop