It’s three in the morning

Bunbury, Australia
… And we can’t sleep. So we’re up, having coffee and playing on our computers. We have another busy day today but might need a nap at some point. Someone is coming this morning to pick up most of the sundry pipe, steel, timber from our sheds. Then we need to take a few pieces of furniture and other items to the thrift shop, then another load to the storage unit and finally, hopefully, a load to the tip. Yesterday we had a grader and water tank here repairing the road into our place. It was very rough but now looks great. It should help give a good first impression. The estate agent comes tomorrow to list our property so hopefully it will be sort of sp*ck and span by then. Vince is taking photos of each room as we get it organised. We posted a number of items on a local Buy and Sell FB site and all bar two sleeping bags sold very quickly so that was gratifying. As soon as the estate agent leaves, we’re taking the caravan and heading to a music festival for four days. When we return, we’ll list some more items and hope for a similar result. The photo is of the road in. It doesn’t look too bad but looks much better now. I’ll take photos for another time.
I wouldn't want to live in this house. It's too lonely for my liking. I prefer a town house in a quiet street with shops that are reachable on foot. You can see the house I live in here. I'm on the top floor with the balcony. Behind the house is a garden.
@akalinus (36176)
It is an interesting house. I love the balcony. Do you sit in it sometimes and watch the world go by?
@xFiacre (9241)
@Maluse I can imagine you coming out onto that balcony to wave at passers by. A truely pulchritudenous looking residence.
@Maluse your home is gorgeous.
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
That is a beautiful photo of the road leading into your house. If didn't live so far away, I would gladly buy your house from you, with an open invitation for you and Vince to come back and visit anytime you wanted to!
I'm not sure I'd want to go back once I leave. It would be too hard. But thank you anyway.
@moffittjc (95847)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JudyEv I totally understand that. I would probably feel the same way if I were in your shoes.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
After all that work, it'll be nice to get away for a few days and recharge the old batteries!
That's true. I might forego a couple of hours of music for a nap or three.
@Ronrybs (11376)
• London, England
@JudyEv I enjoy a quick nap and really quick at that, I find about 20 minutes just right
@Ronrybs Sometimes, if you nap for too long, you wake up groggy. Sometimes if you drink too much, you wake up groggy too!!
My goodness - things are moving along so quickly! Do take a nap if you have the chance. It's good you'll be able to take a break from all that and go enjoy a music festival trip for a few days. Oh how we would love to have such a road with trees all around that leads to the house . . . I must show Hubby this photo later !
The place looked a bit wild and woolly before with the rough road but then you round the corner and there is 'home' just waiting for you. Now I'm nearly in tears at the thought of having to leave.
@JudyEv Oh, it's lovely, it really is . How long have you lived there? Ah, it is bittersweet . . . but now there will be new adventures to look forward to
@much2say We've been here since 2003 so 18 years. It's the longest we've lived anywhere.
It sounds like y’all are very busy.
It's very hectic at the moment. Lots of things happening.
@JudyEv I can imagine.
That is a great shot, and would make for a nice framed picture to place on your desk in your new home. Enjoy that 4 days away I hope that you have a few offers to be presented to you when you return.
The thing is we need to have the place as nice as possible before we leave. The agent has said she has someone wanting to see it so she will probably bring them here on the weekend.
@xFiacre (9241)
@judyev I think I could be happy in that house - nice and isolated. I do hope the sale is quick and attracts a great price.
Thanks. The agent comes out tomorrow to list it. We'll be sorry to leave but we still feel it's right.
@akalinus (36176)
Are you selling your house? Where would you go? Whatever you do, please remember to come here often. I would miss you.
Yes, we are selling up and moving to a lifestyle/retirement village. I will see be on here nearly as much as usual although we are a bit busier at the moment. Thanks for the kind words.
@akalinus (36176)
@JudyEv I'm glad that you will still be here. It is not the same without you.
@akalinus Thanks. I'm not sleeping well at the moment so I tend to get up really early which gives me a bit more time here. I don't think I could manage with myLot.
I hope you'll get a really good sale price for it, I could imagine raising a family there if I were young that is. Have you already sold your sheep?
I won't sell the sheep but a friend has already offered to have them so I am really relieved and pleased about that. It would be a good place to raise kids. Plenty of room and no neighbours to be worried about noise.
That's good news. As a kid I would have had a blast there. Heck as a younger adult I'd have a blast there.
@rebelann Once you get through the back gate (only 20 metres away) you have all the forest to ride your horse or motor-bike through.
@CarolDM (127036)
Looks like a nice place. Good luck with getting things done.
Thanks. At least we've made an early start! lol
@CarolDM (127036)
@JudyEv That always helps.
• Kenya
Yesterday I slept late at 2am I had no sleep. Enjoy your coffee
It's awful when you can't sleep.
• Kenya
It looks nice. Your driveway in looks alittle like mine, but I have gravel, and the dirty doesn't have a red tint. Actually, I should say I used to have gravel. The driveway is pretty bare now actually. I wish I could afford to get it blacktopped.
Our driveway was very rough but looks so much better now. When it rains it can make a mess of the surface.
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
Looks like your sleep pattern is quite disturbed. I just hope that you get a good valuation of your property. Have a nice Wednesday!
Thanks. It's going well so far. I just have to remember to keep breathing!
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
@JudyEv That is good to know! Are you already awake?
@ptrikha_2 (30530)
@JudyEv Hopefully you got good results.
@DocAndersen (37998)
there are sometimes nights like that, when sleep is far away. Hopefully nap time will be peaceful today!
I fell asleep in my recliner at 5am and had another two hours so that was good.
@DocAndersen (37998)
@JudyEv i frequently fall asleep in my recliner. it is my favorite chair!
@DocAndersen They're quite comfortable as a bed, aren't they? lol
The road looks nice, it's large and well kept. I like your property, I am sure you can sell it well.
Today is the day. The house has never been so neat!! We're expecting the agent about 11.00 am.
@JudyEv Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I am missing to have guests, because this obliges my husband to declutter.
@LadyDuck Your finger-crossing has helped a great deal as we have already had an offer.
@YrNemo (18874)
Thought you were moving closer to one of your sons' place. Have you paid for a place in the retirment village yet? A family friend told me that she couldn't sell it above the set price which she had bought it years ago. She was very upset with that strict rule.
My sister moved onto her son's place but our sons are in Melbourne (4 hours flight) and Ireland (24 hours flight). The land and our new home will be totally ours and we will be able to sell it to whoever we want at whatever price we want so we are happy with that.
@YrNemo (18874)
@JudyEv wow, that is good then (re: your new place). Is it closer to the city (guess you are still in the same state)? An acquaintance told us years ago, that the moment he retired, he moved lock stock and barrel closer to the city so that he could go to any restaurant & hospital easily.
@YrNemo It is closer to the city and we'd be able to manage without a car if necessary. All medical facilities will be closer too. We think it is the best thing for us.
@RebeccasFarm (26838)
• Denver, Colorado
Beautiful..I would love to be buying your place now JudyDream on haha You two are blinking dynamos. Carry on
It's when you are under the pump that you realise you're ageing. We're not used to doing a full day's work and it is starting to take its toll. We'll have an enforced rest for a few days at the music festival so that will be good.
• Denver, Colorado
@JudyEv Oh yes Judy I am a bit concerned for you both as I know it has got to be a doozy on your body to get all that done. Yes please try to rest xo
@RebeccasFarm The festival was very affected by some weather patterns to the north and we ended up coming home a day early. But it was still good to have the break.
Wow,your house is in a quiet enviroment ! Sounds like you will move house.
Yes, we are looking at moving to a lifestyle/retirement village on the outskirts of the city.
@JudyEv Do both of your sons support your decision ? It seems that you can not host the couch surfing and give concerts again.
@changjiangzhibin89 Yes, our sons are happy for us. We won't be having any more concerts and we actually stopped having couch-surfers a while ago too. Age has caught up with us a little.
@msdivkar (21582)
You seem to be gearing up to vaccate your old house but have you secured your new house?
We are signing electronically this afternoon. Then we have until August to get an unconditional offer on our house.
@msdivkar (21582)
@JudyEv I hope you will hold on to the present one until then.
@msdivkar Thanks.
Nice picture of the road leading to your home. I'm glad everything is going well with the move.
Thanks. We've had an offer on the house already which is nice. We are meeting the agent again tomorrow.
@JudyEv That's wonderful!