Do you have an online business?

Walnut Creek, California
I am trying to figure out what was my most productive moment of the day today. I taught several guitar lessons, and they were fun, but I still felt I needed to do more. I had a lot of dishes in the sink, so I loaded the dishwasher, and got it running. I like the sound of a running dishwasher. It is soothing. But I still wasn't satisfied. So I re-posted all of my Craigslist listings for guitar sound hole coasters, vintage loudspeaker restoration, and a few vintage stereo components I'm trying to unload. I think I can drink my way into oblivion/creativity now. Do you have online "businesses" that you have to attend to now and then?
@noni1959 (7948)
I tried etsy but it wasn't making much. Long ago, I sold vintage on ebay. Not sure what to do online but need to get an idea going for extra money.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do you use Craigslist? It's pretty "passive." But it works now and again. I recently sold a guitar I no longer use for $350. Both the buyer and I got a good deal. That's the ideal.
@noni1959 (7948)
@TheHorse I did when I lived in California. I did well there but here in Oregon, it's very hit and miss. I bought my cupboards and counters off there from an elderly couple who decided to remodel. I'd like to get the shed I want so I can store things in there to sell. I can come across items that would resell nicely except have no place to put them. I'm in a tiny house.
• Walnut Creek, California
@noni1959 I'm in the same situation. I live in a small "flat"--here in the US we call it a studio apartment.
@cherigucchi (10915)
I don't have any online business but I am thinking about it lately.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do you have useless stuff you could load on eBay, Amazon or Craigslist? Note to @Just4Him: I avoided the use of "that." But it was close.
@cherigucchi (10915)
@TheHorse I have a lot. Thanks for the idea!
• Walnut Creek, California
@cherigucchi I hope it works for you!
@ladyhero (1584)
yes very peaceful and soothing to the soul when it comes out and breathes the air
@ladyhero (1584)
@TheHorse no, sorry i answered wrong discussion, lol, I have an online business, selling clothes, biscuits and cakes
• Walnut Creek, California
@ladyhero Ah, very cool. Is it enjoyable?
@ladyhero (1584)
@TheHorse yes it's very fun, increase my pocket money hahahah, i might increase my type of selling
@rakski (87513)
I wish I have. I sell some food online before but with the surge of people selling online, you really need to think of what product will be good to sell
• Walnut Creek, California
What are your best sellers?
@rakski (87513)
@TheHorse some Filipino dish and also cupcakes but there are loads of competition nowadays, it is difficult to sell
• Walnut Creek, California
@rakski How do you get the food to them?
as long as your happy you are good.
• Walnut Creek, California
I am happy even if I sell very little. I enjoy my "real" jobs. But it's always fun to sell a pair of speakers or a restoration job. Right now I am working on a pair of speakers. I will charge $160 for the restoration. But I enjoy the process as much a the income.
@TheHorse That is why I hope to always do my cards because I love them.
• Walnut Creek, California
@sharon6345 I enjoy seeing them too! DO you use Craigslist to sell them? Craigslist is "my friend."
@kaylachan (16600)
Can't say that I do. Though I hope you're able to unload those things.
• Walnut Creek, California
Thanks. Me too. I need more space here.
@Janet357 (70719)
None yet except tutorials. I'm starting to sell something, just a few items, and I will display it in my husband's snack bar in his office
• Walnut Creek, California
I want to hear about the tutorials!
My only online business is myLot. I am trying to convince my husband to see some of his "vintage" stuff, but I am not at all successful.
• Walnut Creek, California
What kids of vintage stuff does he have?
@TheHorse Computers, 3 old Apple II, 1 Spectrum ZX still in its original box, an old Game Boy still working. Plenty of vinyls, complete collections of computer magazines from the 70's, Walt Disney comics from the 50's... reflex camera, old turntables, I know there is more.
@LadyDuck oh my! what storage you got in your house.
@DocAndersen (37782)
i have a online consulting business, i end up connecting to and helping companies around the US. It is a lot of fun and not a whole lot of work for me.
• Walnut Creek, California
I should consider setting something like that up in the area of psychology. Or even general tutoring for kids, especially in math, where a lot of kids struggle unnecessarily. Oh, I suppose I could also help people get ECE centers started, as I've done that for free (with some degree of frustration) for "flaky director" I've spoken of before. Any (free) adivce? .
@DocAndersen (37782)
@TheHorse there are companies that do that now (online counseling). my wife was looking at possibly doing that.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DocAndersen Is she a therapist? Or more of an academic type?
@1creekgirl (24848)
I sell something on Ebay once in a while, but it's definitely a buyer's market now.
• Walnut Creek, California
Strangely, it's a seller's market for vintage stereo gear right now.
@1creekgirl (24848)
@TheHorse That's good for you!
• Walnut Creek, California
@1creekgirl Yeppers. I have a stereo receiver that I loaned to a friend to a friend years ago. She's not using it any more, so I may ask fr it back. The thing sold for $199 in 1972 two or so, and now can command $500!
@nela13 (41146)
• Portugal
I only have my online sites but I can't consider it a business.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do you make any money from them?
@nela13 (41146)
• Portugal
@TheHorse I do, not big money but it is something.
Occasionally I sell small things on Ebay but I wouldn't say it was a business. More of a hobby.
• Walnut Creek, California
Actually, mine is a hobby as well. But I've made some decent money at it in 15 years.
@TheHorse your stuff is a lot more valuable than the little things I've sold. Ots definitely a good way to make some extra money
@LindaOHio (62497)
I used to sell a lot on eBay; but shipping costs got too prohibitive.
• Walnut Creek, California
For me, it was the packing time that stopped me.
@LindaOHio (62497)
@TheHorse That too. Set up the item just so, take a few pictures, post the picture, write a complete description, follow the auction, congratulate the winner, pack up the item/s, go to the post office. It's hardly worth the effort unless you have a really rare item.
@DaddyEvil (37325)
No, I don't have an online business but Pretty sells things online sometimes.
• Walnut Creek, California
What kinds of things does she like to sell. Does she use eBay?
@DaddyEvil (37325)
@TheHorse She sells spells, homemade bath salts and bamboo trinkets. I don't know what site she sells through. I just mail the packages for her.
@innertalks (11548)
I sell used books, but sales are slow, and by the time one comes through, I usually lose on it, because in the meantime, the postage prices have been hyked up, and I haven't taken the time to adjust my "shipping matrix", or price listings upwards too. The other problem here is that I store my books on certain shelves all catalogued to what shelf they are on, but when an order then comes in, I cannot now find the book. My wife, has been in, dusted the shelves, and replaced the book, somewhere else, onto another shelf. This annoys me too. Sometimes, I blame her for this though, and the problem was really mine, as I sell on two sites, and sold the book on one site, but forget to take its listing, off from the other one. So, I sold the already sold book twice, and I had to cancel the second sale. Attending to the business more "now and then", might help me here too
• Walnut Creek, California
I hope you and the wifely unit can get on the same page re: how to put things where they were and facilitate access. I have a husband and wife pair of friends who sell a lot of stuff on eBay, etc. They actually have a warehouse.
@innertalks (11548)
@TheHorse My wife never gets onto a page at all, as she is Asian, and does not read much, but I have told her that I already do all of the dusting in my study, and that there is no need for her to do it. The only problem now was that when I dusted, I also removed the books from the shelves, and I couldn't remember which shelf I had removed which pile of books from either, so I messed up my system for myself then again too. Perhaps, I need a better system...lol...
@FourWalls (32440)
I do a lot of shopping online, but I’ve never sold anything online.
• Walnut Creek, California
I just bought some wood filler online. Home Depot used to have it, but they don't any more.
@ARIES1973 (11447)
• Legaspi, Philippines
My business is using the online platform but most of my customers are offline. I am selling mobile load and data. I have been with this business activity for a while. I used to have a blog but had to stop because of lack of time. But i am still planning to start blogging again. I want to sell ebooks on my blog. But as of now, I think I won't be able to do it considering my hectic schedule at work.
• Walnut Creek, California
How to you reach out to your offline customers?
For now, I do not have any plans to venture into online business.
@xander6464 (20341)
• Wapello, Iowa
Online businesses are fine. For now. But what happens when this Internet fad blows over?
@popciclecold (18445)
No, wish I did.