April 16 - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I haven't been here until now except to post the Daily Bible Study. It's been a busy day. I'm thankful for my time in the pool this morning. I didn't go into the fitness center. I usually don't when I do laundry. I'm thankful for the nap I got right after I posted the Bible study. I was falling asleep on the computer. I've been doing that a lot lately. I'm thankful I got the laundry done right after my nap. I spent time with both my son and grandson. My son won't be available on his birthday, so I gave him his presents today. I only needed to return two of the Legos I bought. Not bad. I also took my grandson to get something to eat and see if his paycheck was ready. It wasn't. I'm thankful I could return the Legos and also bought grapes since I was out. I was going to buy bananas, but they were decidedly green and well picked over, so didn't buy them. That's been my day. I'm going to work the notifications and then work on Vendetta. Good news about Vendetta - my son and his girlfriend are going to work on the cover. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
His birthday is the 18th, right? Glad you accomplished a lot today. That’s great news that your son and his girlfriend will work on a cover for Vendetta. I’m thankful it’s Friday date night! It came so soon!
I agree. This week flew past. Yes, it's Sunday. Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing the cover they come up with. I've seen the rough draft. Something he sketched in two minutes.
@just4him I can’t wait to see it, too. He must be very artistic!
@DianneN He inherited his talent from his father. He's even better than his father was. He said his girlfriend is better than him. I can't wait to see what they come up with together.
@kaylachan (18060)
That sounds like a very productive day. I'm thankful the sun came out and I didn't get soaked in rain. I'm also thankful it's decidedly cooler out today, though not freezing cold like some states are getting.
I'm glad the sun came out and you didn't get soaked. I'm glad it's not cold. Thank you. It was a good day.
@popciclecold (19408)
I am thankful for just an easy day. My back is not hurting. I don't have to cook today, I have been reading more today. Just thankful, that things are as well with us they are.
I'm glad your back doesn't hurt. It sounds like a good day.
@just4him Yes, its been a good day, back pain sucks.
@popciclecold Pain always sucks. I hope you're feeling better today.
@CarolDM (130898)
Thankful for small blessings. Enjoy your day.
That's wonderful you're thankful for the little blessings. Thank you. It's good.
@CarolDM (130898)
@Lucky15 (37305)
saturday morning here, and ii am thankful for the weekend :)
I'm glad the weekend is here.
@edisondanila (44303)
I thank for this weekend -- time to rest and relax.
That's good you will have time to rest and relax.
@moffittjc (96215)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm thankful that I survived a stressful week at work. I had my quarterly audit this week, and I was not nearly as ready as I wanted to be since I had missed almost a month of work due to Covid. But I did very well and received great comments from the auditors, which made me feel good about the progress I am making in my department. I am very thankful to have that out of the way for the next 3 months.
I'm glad the audit went well. One down, only three more to go if it's quarterly. No stress, no worry. You got this.
@moffittjc (96215)
• Gainesville, Florida
@just4him The first and third quarter audits are full blown audits. The second and fourth quarter audits are only reviews of the things we got wrong on the previous audits to see if we've made the necessary corrections. I only had one ding on my most recent audit, and it literally was something that took me 12 seconds to fix. So my second quarter audit review will be a piece of cake.
@moffittjc That's great it was an easy fix and your next audit will be a piece of cake.
I am sorry your son will not be available for his birthday. Wonderful that your son and his girlfriend will work for the cover of Vendetta.
He plans to work today. He said he needed to. He must not have gotten the orders he hoped for last week. I'm looking forward to the cover.
@just4him I am sorry he has to work, he will have anyway the time to have a small celebration.
@LadyDuck I'm sure he will. He'll most likely spend it with his girlfriend and that's only right.
@Deepizzaguy (48562)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am very grateful that my local clinic where I go for doctor appointments called me this afternoon that the local pharmacy that had been closed since late August due to hurricanes Laura and Delta has reopened today. In the past I had to get my medicines from a clinic in Lafayette Louisiana. One huge hurdle to get my medicines is now easier.
I'm glad the pharmacy is open again.
@Deepizzaguy (48562)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him They did me a favor since trying to contact the Lafayette store was next to impossible due to the damage to the telephone line connections.
@Deepizzaguy I'm glad they did.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's all good to hear, for the most part anyways. And that is great about your book and them working on the cover.
Thank you.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him No problem
I am thankful I am feeling good today, although I still plan to go to the doctor on Monday in regard to my UTI, but what I am really hoping for is a telehealth visit..Getting my antibiotic and BP meds reauthorized in one fell swoop without having to go into the office would be just fine with me.
I hope you can do the telehealth visit.
Have a good weekend Valerie and happy birthday to your son. Covers always draw me to a book even before I read the synopsis. I'm sure you're excited to see what your son and his girlfriend come up with for Vendetta. Hope you'll share a sneak preview Today I'm thankful my daughter is getting her vaccine
Thank you. Hard to believe he's 43 today. I'll do the cover reveal as soon as I have it. I hope it went well for her and she didn't have any side effects.
@moonandstars (48686)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am glad you enjoyed family atmosphere and your pool and nap time
Thank you.
@jobelbojel (23948)
Sure you got many stuff done and being grateful. I am supposed to do my laundry but I postponed it. Will do it tomorrow before the 2pm Online Sunday Service. Have a blessed day.
Yes, I got a lot done yesterday. I have a lot to be grateful for. I hope you get your laundry done tomorrow.
@wolfgirl569 (40203)
• Marion, Ohio
You had a good day. I was thankful to finally see some sun.
I'm glad you saw the sun.