An Early Start To My Day

Happy Tuesday Everyone! it's a bit on the cloudy side this morning and it looks like rain. However, I'm glad the rain held off so I could get to my doctor appointment without getting wet. This is the first time I've actually been to the office since Covid. Everything is good and I have to have the usual bloodwork done at some point over the next few weeks. I have to pat myself on the back as I didn't stop at Dunkin Donuts after my visit. Typically I would go and get a coffee and maybe indulge in a donut but this time I just came straight home. Now I have my own coffee which my daughter made and figure I have time to sit here and myLot for a little while. By starting my morning by going out, I feel as if the day is a lot later than it actually is ( 9:40am ) Any other morning I still wouldn't be dressed at this time. Now that my day is off to a good start I hope it continues. I'm feeling a bit more energized so maybe I can get some things done that I've been putting off. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my coffee and chat
@DocAndersen (39490)
we had no rain all day, went on my walk, was about 1/2 way done (furthest from the house) and a slow drizzle started. i ended up soaked!
That doesn't sound like fun
@DocAndersen (39490)
@Marilynda1225 when I walked in the front door there were people laughing. So, while not fun for me humorous for the twisted people I live with.
@DocAndersen I live with twisted people too
@wolfgirl569 (40203)
• Marion, Ohio
It is always nice to miss the rain. Happy everything is good.
Hope you have a good day too and that the rain doesn't hinder your auction
@wolfgirl569 (40203)
• Marion, Ohio
@Marilynda1225 I did and it didnt.
We had a pretty rough storm here this afternoon. The weather is improving now.
We were luck that we didn't get any severe storms. Glad your storm passed
Good for you for getting up and out. I am supposed to have a doctor's appointment and bloodwork soon too. but I am going to try to see a different practitioner because the doctor I saw last time was way too pushy. All I want is a med refill not to inspect myself for every disease known to man..I feel fine.
I love my doctor and he isn't pushy at all. Half of the tests they recommend these days aren't necessary for everyone.
It isn't raining here actually, but it is damp and grey and foggy out. Ducky weather if eve there was that. Next week is my 'medical week' really starting with an early appointment at the lab for bloodwork on Monday, I have to go across town on Wednesday for my covid shot and then have a phone appointment with my doctor on Friday. I do not think that he will go back to in person visits until things die down and everyone has had their second shot, which at the rate things are going will be a long ways off. Sometimes waiting for that coffee makes it all the more delicious.
My in person doctor visit wasn't too bad. I had to wait in the car until they called me and then I was the only person (aside from the doctor and nurse) in the office. it was pretty quick since it was only a wellness checkup and we all had on masks. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead with your medical stuff. I'm happy to hear that you'll be getting you Covid shot.
@HazySue (37679)
• Inverness, Florida
I love Dunkin Donuts. Years ago I used to stop there for a large coffee, and sometimes a donut, after I dropped off my youngest child at school.
We have to pass Dunkin coming and going from the doctors office so I would always stop for a coffee. Since they have a drive thru it makes it even easier to grab something but today I decided to just come home and have my coffee and not waste calories on a donut.
Glad that you did all that and could resist the donut!
I'm trying so hard to drop a few pounds so not getting a donut was a hard choice
• Midland, Michigan
I'm sure you enjoyed your chatting. I got around earlier than normal too so I could run a few errands before seeing my Dr mid morning. It was also rainy here for a bit but never any heavy raining.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
@thelme55 (68184)
My Tuesday is almost gone. 45 minutes left to Wednesday. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday. See you tomorrow.
@RebeccasFarm (29426)
Dunkies was always my favorite
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
Oh, I could hardly resist taking a donut.
@CarolDM (130898)
Glad all was well with your visit. Thunderstorms here overnight again. Enjoy your day.
Glad you went to your doctor and all is well. I canceled in June, but went in October. I’ve been blabbing with various friends on the phone all morning and can’t believe it’s after 1:30!
That's great you weren't tempted by Dunkin' Donuts on your way home. I'm glad your doctor's visit was good. Enjoy your coffee and the day, whatever it brings.
It was sunny this morning, but cloudy in the afternoon. I decided to try my brand new weeds burner, I intended just to try it... I stayed out burning weeds during two hours. I can see the difference right now!
Glad everything was good at the doctor
@Dena91 (12868)
Glad you were able to go to the doctors. Have a great day.
Glad everything is well. That's smart to skip dunkin. Ive been getting donuts too much lately. Lol
@youfiq (1525)
nice to hear that your day is fun, I'm here not even starting to work, I still have to live from home, the pandemic here has not subsided, it is even increasing. oh yes, and here too it rained heavily and cloudy since morning, but this makes the air in my house cool