The New Me

@thelme55 (68184)
Germany
I mean, the new profile photo of myself. I have just changed it. This is the first time I have changed my profile photo since I have joined Mylot 5 years ago. Have you changed your profile photo since you have joined Mylot? I thought it’s time for a new one. I know, I gained weight a lot since I am no longer working on a job that I love. What do you think? Okay. I am ready for sleeping. My hair is still wet as I don’t dry it with a hair drier. I don’t believe that I will get blind because I sleep with a wet hair. I used to get scolded by my parents before when it happened that I felt asleep after taking a bath. Becoming blind is a superstitious belief in the Philippines when sleeping while the hair is still wet. I can still see Thanks for reading. Goodnight. Photo: The background of my profile.
I noticed that you changed your profile, it was not a problem because I know your name very well. I never changed mine.
@thelme55 (68184)
You know me very well . Thank you @LadyDuck
@thelme55 Yes, I have no problem recognizing you, it is a very long time we are in touch online.
@thelme55 (68184)
@LadyDuck Yes, we have known each other for years online. Enjoy your weekend.
@sjvg1976 (19630)
Few days back only I changed my profile pic. you pic is looking good
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you @sjvg1976.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You did good changing. The profile is nice. I have changed too but I don't know how many times
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you @mildredtabitha. This was the first time for me to change my profile.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@thelme55 that's really a big step for you
@LindaOHio (64425)
Two beauties...you and the flowers! :-) I haven't changed my picture; and I won't because people can find me easier on Facebook, etc. I have the same picture everywhere.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you very much @LindaOHio. I understand. Have a nice Thursday.
@LindaOHio (64425)
@thelme55 Thank you. You too!
The superstitious belief is such a silly one,
@thelme55 (68184)
Yes, it is indeed a silly one @marlina.
@Shiva49 (20454)
I have done it once - maybe four years ago. Understandable to gain weight when we have less physical activity. As long as we feel healthy, I think it should be alright.
@thelme55 (68184)
I see. This is only the first time I changed my profile. I agree with you. I am feeling healthy. Thank you @Shiva49
I like your new profile photo. I updated mine as the old one was several years old. Now the new one is so perhaps I need to change it again! We were always told we'd get a cold if we went to bed with wet hair but that is an old wive's tale too.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you very much @JudyEv. I think it is true that you will get a cold when you sleep with wet hair as it happened to me when I did that in winter.
@JimBo452020 (46215)
• Montrose, Scotland
I can hardly see you in the new photo.
@thelme55 (68184)
That’s good @JimBo452020. I want to be incognito.
@JimBo452020 (46215)
• Montrose, Scotland
@thelme55 Its not that lol I still have not found my glasses Must get new ones
@thelme55 (68184)
@JimBo452020 I see. Yes, you have to buy a new one. I couldn't Mylot or read the subtitles of the dramas that I am watching if my reading glasses are broken.
@eileenleyva (23562)
I change my profile when it suits me. Just couldn't come up with a proper picture I really like. Let's see the eyes. It's the window to the soul.
@thelme55 (68184)
So you are not also fond of taking selfie. My friend is fond of it and so I have a lot of photo of myself from her. I agree. It is the window of our souls. I like to look at someone’s eyes when I am talking to a friend or relatives. I know exactly when someone is lying to me. Thank you @eileenleyva.
@eileenleyva (23562)
@thelme55 Learned to take selfies and I do it when I get struck in traffic. Never showed any to anyone. I don't particularly like the same image of me ten or twenty times. Sigh. Yes, lying can be detected with the movement of the eyes. What is it, if one looks to the left, he's lying. Or maybe the right I forgot.
@thelme55 (68184)
@eileenleyva I don't do that. I take a selfie when I am alone but I am the only one who see it. I have no idea, too. A person talking to me should talk to me straight to my eyes.
@jobelbojel (23948)
I already changed my profile photo here. I can't remember how many times but the last one was the longest. Nice new you, I mean new profile photo.
@thelme55 (68184)
I see. Thank you @jobelbojel.
@jobelbojel (23948)
@RebeccasFarm (29426)
I love your new pic Thelma..you do not look heavy.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you @RebeccasFarm. But I feel heavy
@thelme55 Oh so do I
@Deepizzaguy (48562)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I change my profile photo at the beginning of the month with either an image of Wordgirl or a character of the show or someone else.
@thelme55 (68184)
I see. I have not noticed that. Thank you for the info @Deepizzaguy.
@Deepizzaguy (48562)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@thelme55 You are welcome since depending on the month I usually put up an avatar of a comedian or artist who has passed away.
I’d recognize you anywhere. Love the photo and the flowers! I think I changed my photo once.
@thelme55 (68184)
I heard when I was still in college that I have a doppelgänger @DianneN. Be sure that it is me you meet somewhere. She might be in the US. Thank you. The photo was taken by my friend when walking at the lake.
• Kenya
Haha you remind me of the funny superstitions that I used to fear so much when young but now when I remember them I cant stop laughing. Have a good night. I have not changed my profile yet
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you very much @Laurakemunto.
• Kenya
@thelme55 you are welcome
@CarolDM (130898)
I have changed my photo a few times. Love yours. The blooms are gorgeous as you are as well. Glad you can still see.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you @CarolDM. I am glad it is only a superstitious belief.
@CarolDM (130898)
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
Wonderful photography and wonderful you. It is always said here that when you go to bed with wet hair, you will get inflammation of the brain.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you very much @Nevena83. Inflammation of the brain caused by sleeping without wet hair is new to me.
• Barquisimeto, Venezuela
LOL. He hadn't heard of going blind from going to bed with wet hair. But as you say, it is a belief and it is part of the culture. Your title was very suggestive, you made me believe that you were referring to a change in your person. Anyway, let's stick with your new profile picture.
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you for your nice comment @profree2019. Have a nice weekend.
Pretty profile pic . I have not changed my profile pic at all (I have been here since 12 years ago it says ). Maybe it's time I should? I don't use a hair dryer at all . . . oh my, I didn't know about that superstition!
@thelme55 (68184)
Thank you @much2say. Yes, It is time to change your profile. It is just a Filipino superstition.
@kaylachan (18060)
I don't think I have, I uploaded one pic and that was it.
@thelme55 (68184)
I see. Thank you very much @kaylachan. Have a nice Thursday
@DocAndersen (39483)
i think i've changed mine twice in the 2, or so years I've been here. I should change it again!