Being forced to get the vaccine

@lovebuglena (28956)
Staten Island, New York
Getting the vaccine should be up to the individual. No gov't or entity should force people to take the vaccine but that is exactly what is happening; at least in the US. If you want to go on a cruise you will need to be vaccinated. If you want to attend certain colleges or universities you cannot do that unless you get the vaccine. I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to allow only vaccinated people to attend concerts, shows, and sporting events, or to be able to travel domestically. It wouldn't shock me either if companies start telling people that unless they get the vaccine they will be fired. But that is wrong and should not happen. They leave people no choice...
@kaylachan (21033)
No one is going to force me to get a vaccine that's still in the trail phases. Much less any vaccine, period. Many americans think like me and would otherwise refuse. However, I agree. it's wrong that a vaccine of any kind is forced upon us. Not a total shock, though. Going to school, I was required to get the flu shot anually, unless I developed an alergy to eggs or I was home schooled. Since the later obviously wasn't going to happen, I got the flu shot in school. However, when companies have to bribe you to get a vaccine, what does this say about our society? If this was a good idea and effective, you wouldn't have to force or briibe anyone. But.... please..... Pizza hut has resorted to paying their employees for two hours (one for each shot) to get the vaccine. What does that say about how screw up this is?
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
This is very screwed up. And now they are handing out incentives for people to get it. Like if you get the vaccine you'll get free donuts or free weed or some other thing. This vaccine is in a trial phase and people that choose to get it are basically guinea pigs...
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
And then this whole thing of even if you are vaccinated you still have to wear a mask and social distance, etc. If people are still required to do all that they shouldn't be required to get the vaccine.
@kaylachan (21033)
@lovebuglena Yes, I know. Got a recorded message from my insurance company, asking me if I plan on getting it. The recording decided to make sure I knew it was authorized by the FDA (not approved) and that it's safe and effective.
People should just get the vaccine. It isn't a big deal.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
No one really knows the long term effects of the vaccine or what may happen to them after they take it either.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
Also, people should get the vaccine because they want to and not because they are being forced to do it.
• Walnut Creek, California
Agreed. It's no big deal. I have felt "free" since I got my vaccinations.
• Israel
@lovebuglena I agree with you people should not be forced to get vaccinated if they do not want to for their own reasons. Here also people not vaccinated are not able to do certain things. It is not right. People should be able to make their own choices as to what they want to do and not be penalized.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
I heard there are plenty of restrictions in Israel if you are not vaccinated.
• Israel
@lovebuglena Yes, that is true and not fair. People should have to the choice on whether they want to get vaccinated or not. It is their right but here they penalize them. I got the vaccinations but still do not feel safe. I continue to wear a mask not knowing how people are out there.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@Hannihar Even with a mask a person can catch covid. Masks don't do much. And they can actually be harmful, like if you are exercising with a mask on. And yet everyone requires you to wear it.
@RebeccasFarm (33294)
Hi Lena,,I'm on your side friend
I was not going to take it at all. Then I found out there were restrictions on who could go certain places so I took it. I have been asked already if I could show proof that I took it.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
I am not planning on taking it. I can live without going on a cruise. My father-in-law wants to take it because he wants to go on a cruise and he can't go on a cruise without it.
@lovebuglena That is good we all should do as we see fit. Many here are not taking it and that I respect as we as for those that took it. I don't know why but after a few days I felt better
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@sharon6345 A lot of people are against the vaccine and rightfully so.
So far no one has told me that I am required to get the vaccine and I would fight them on it if they tried, I feel I have the right to refuse to get one.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
You do have the right to refuse it.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
The dilemma is a company you work for can say unless you are vaccinated you can't work there anymore. Or certain friends and family can say unless you are vaccinated you cannot see us or spend time with us anymore. I've heard of both happening
I'm not worried about those kinda of things. So far my friends have no issue with me not getting a vaccine and since I am retired I don't have a boss or company to worry about.
I fully agree, they say that you are free not to get the vaccine, but if you do not get the vaccine you can do nothing. I took it just because of the restrictions, but my husband cannot because of a known allergy... now what? Is he going to be discriminated just because he cannot take the vaccine?.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
Wow! That is another issue. So now what? He can't do all the things you will be able to do to because he can't get the vaccine? Or will he get an exception and be allowed to do these things?
@lovebuglena We know nothing for the moment. We are free to go everywhere we want here in Switzerland, to cross the border with Italy, we need to show a Covid-19 Test made 48 hours before... they do not care if you are vaccinated, you can be vaccinated but positive, this is something that most people do not know.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@LadyDuck That is true. But also, can't you catch covid after you get tested...? Like what if you get tested and the result is negative but the next day you catch covid. Can't that happen?
@kobesbuddy (126967)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Where I worked, the flu shot was mandatory to keep my job. Now, Covid will be treated exactly the same way. They do this to eradicate certain disease or viruses. Polio is unheard of, because it was stamped out.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
But even people that get the vaccine can still get covid and enough people do get it after the shot.
@kobesbuddy (126967)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena Because my daughter was vaccinated, her immunity was strengthened. When she got covid, the vaccine fought off the virus quickly.
• Walnut Creek, California
@lovebuglena Can you provide an article about people who get Covid after the shot(s)? It should be relatively few, but I haven't read whatever article(s) you read.
In Kolkata due to over population there is still lack of vaccines. Most hospitals are not allowing online booking.
How large is the population there in Kolkota?
@marlina Kolkata has more than 50 lakh people. So it is difficult to get the vaccines.
@sathviksouvik 50 lakh??
@louievill (28286)
I'm with you Lena, there should be a freedom of choice!. I won't let anything that lacks clinical trials mess up with my immune system that might go right down to the molecular or cellular level with a big possibility that the long term effect might be irreversible and could possibly be passed down to the next generations and those who developed it and would make a ton of money would be free from any liability that may arise!
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
Many do not know or realize that the vaccine is still in trial phase... and that is not a good thing. The claims that vaccines are safe and effective doesn't make me feel better about the vaccines.
@betlynfrnds (3507)
So called freedom of choice comes with a price tag in a manner of speaking.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
You are right. We have a choice not to take the vaccine but if we don't take it then there are certain things we cannot do because of it.
@oahuwriter (14885)
Agreed, for I simply can't get vaccinated. Dr. Fauci said over news, people with adverse effects of flu shots, don't get covid-19 vaccination. I'm one with adverse effects of flu shots, so not getting vaccinated. I've been seeing in news, about how everyone should be vaccinated, so frustrating. So far, no one's forcing me to get vaccinated, but there's a lot of talk if what you can do when vaccinated. Thanks much for the post!
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
They want herd immunity so they will start putting restrictions on people, forcing them to get it. We won't be allowed to do certain things unless we are vaccinated. Hopefully, it won't be many things we won't be able to do unless we are vaccinated.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
I really hope my parents do not get the vaccine but I cannot stop them unfortunately. Not sure about my dad but my mom wants to get it. A lot of people she knows already did.
• Walnut Creek, California
I don't think Americans are being forced to get the vaccination. There are some who react adversely to inoculations. I actually got a flu shot for the first time this year. No reaction. Like most I also had no adverse reactions to the Covid shots.
@florelway (17580)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
The vaccine is not an assurance that you are covid free it will only minimize severe effects once infected by the virus.. No one of us know what's the real effect if the vaccines. Would it have a life expectancy effect? No one knows.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
No one knows much about it yet many feel good about taking it.
@florelway (17580)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@lovebuglena have you taken it?
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@florelway Nope. And not planning on it.
@Nevena83 (64105)
• Serbia
I absolutely agree with you, it should be the choice of individuals. The same thing is happening here and I don't like it at all.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about that.
@Nevena83 (64105)
• Serbia
@lovebuglena Yes, unfortunately it is. But I think it will make a big rift between people.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@Nevena83 Some people stop contact with others because those people do not plan on getting the vaccine.
@CarolDM (137949)
It should not be mandatory but they are making it that way. Restricting the places you go unless you have been vaccinated with a vaccine that has not been studied long enough to know the long term effects. Should be our personal choice.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
No one really knows what's gonna happen to them in the short term either.
@CarolDM (137949)
@lovebuglena That was my point as well.
• Angeles City, Philippines
I agree with you my friend. I believe that we should decide depending on what we want or what we believed. Not on leaving us with no choice. I dont wanna be vaccinated right now. Because i know every vaccines needs a 15-20 years of study. And need a 5 to 10 years to see its effectivity. We should be wise enough that maybe this is the beginning of end times!
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
We should not be forced to take the vaccine. And we shouldn't be sucked into taking it by offering us free stuff or by spreading fear. Also, if a person never had covid why the need to take a vaccine that can still result in them catching it?
@LindaOHio (67841)
I would feel much better on a cruise or in school if everyone was vaccinated. It's no big deal.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
The point is that it should be up to the individual to get the vaccine or not. And people should not be told they can't do this or that unless they get it.
@LindaOHio (67841)
@lovebuglena I respect your opinion; but I will have to agree to disagree.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@LindaOHio Are you saying that people should not have a choice as to whether they take the vaccine or not?
Yes, that is definitely wrong. And it doesn't make any sense what if I don't wanna be vaccinated. are they gonna revoke my citizenship as well? What kind of behavior is that? Where is my freedom of choice left in this? Sad
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
They should not revoke your citizenship if you do not get the vaccine.
@lovebuglena They should not. But by the looks of it, looks like that can do anything now.
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
@Prabhatsingh Let's hope they won't do that.
• Nairobi, Kenya
If they force people to get vaccine. That is the evidence you need to know the vaccine is bad
@lovebuglena (28956)
• Staten Island, New York
That may be true.
• Nairobi, Kenya