Mylot needs a leisure time ..done with cooking.

@arunima25 (60091)
Bangalore, India
Good afternoon from this side of the planet.. it's 12:40 PM here and I just finished cooking lunch. You can see that in my picture. It is kadhi( different from curry), the yellow soupy stuff that you see on the stove. It's beaten curd with gram flour and all spices in it. We boil it and add seasoning of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chillies, curry leaves, bay leaves, chopped coriander leaves and some mint leaves if you like the flavour. It's rich in protein as it has curd and gram flour in it. People prefer to add some fritters to it too. You can see those onion fritters on the side waiting to be added to it. I added few to the kadhi while kept some to be enjoyed as side dish along with lemon pickle and cucumber salad. And kadhi goes well with hot steamed rice. My elder one had her lunch. She had it alone and a bit early. She has an online test from 1_3 in the afternoon and she needed to be in time. Well, the room is locked and she is ready for writing her test. I am waiting for my husband and younger daughter to join and they should be here in another half an hour. Till then I can mylot Today I had my sessions from 8-9:30 and then from 10_11:30..I do get some short breaks in between my classes but they are not good enough to mylot. You need longer leisurely time to be here. It's tough to leave it in some time So, I chose to make few comments on the other site where they have a limit on posts and I post a few in the break time. As I wait for lunch, I can be here reading discussions and responding to them. The notifications can wait for a while. I will get back to them after lunch Have a good time in your mylot cornerStay happy and blessed
@Starkinds (32780)
My mouth is watering. It's my favorite
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It is quite a popular one and I find that most people like.
@Starkinds (32780)
@arunima25 yes it's true.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
Oh, curry bari. Again one of my favorites.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
Favourite of many. My mom and grandmom will always make it on Thursdays and we used to be excited for Thursday lunch.
@arunima25 LOL my mother used to make them when I was there.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@Prabhatsingh How often do you get to meet your mom? I am sorry that you are missing your mom's cooking.
@dpk262006 (58236)
There would many here who would become fan of your "Kadhi pakoda".. It is looking tempting and I am sure that it would be yummy. . Wife is very fond of Kadhi and she would often make it.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It was super yummy. It's a hot favourite of vegetarians. Isn't it? How about you? You don't like kadhi. My mom and grandma made it every Thursday..I try to do that on Thursday but I am not very regular.
@dpk262006 (58236)
@arunima25 Nice to know that your Kadhi was super yummy. You are right that it is favorite of many vegetarians. I understand that Kadhi is prepared and eaten in most of parts of India, it may have different names in different regions. You got it right I do not like it much. Reason is it does not suit me and causes indigestion. Yes, it is good to prepare it once in a week.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@dpk262006 Oh! I see. The pakodas in it might be the culprit for indigestion as they are fried. But kadhi itself is supposed to be very good for digestion.
@Shiva49 (21676)
This is indeed an uplifting post. I can enjoy the food vicariously. Looks perfect and so inviting. You do keep yourself busy - keep going!
@vandana7 (83149)
Me too. I am a foodie. I am 6 kgs. overweight.
@Shiva49 (21676)
@vandana7 Enjoy and forget the weight issue. Occasionally, I throw caution to the winds. I don't want to leave on an empty stomach. I saw a birthday boy celebrating with a full course meal and he is only 107 years old!
@vandana7 (83149)
@Shiva49 You do it, occasionally - I do it all the time...and then my tummy complains of overwork. Yesterday, I made these punugulu out of remaining idli batter, and today tummy is complaining.
at first i thought it is pakora .....
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It is indeed onion pakoda. I added some to kadhi and kept some to go as side dish.
@vandana7 (83149)
I like them in rains...hot ..evening snack..
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@vandana7 Yes, it was cloudy and drizzling while we had lunch yesterday. So served the purpose of lunch and snacks. It was perfect for the weather yesterday.
@prashu228 (28007)
Wow .. that's mouth watering
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
I guess most vegetarians would have them in their favourite list.
@vandana7 (83149)
@arunima25 Why only vegetarians?
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@vandana7 Non-vegetarians keep veg items a bit lower on their favorite list. I am a vegetarian but my hiusband and daughters will always give preference to chicken and fish.
@CarolDM (138727)
Your food looks good, enjoy.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
Thank you. We relished it
@sjvg1976 (23738)
We always have kadhi and rice in lunch on Sundays. My wife cooks it well.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
That's a nice menu for Sunday lunch. We generally have it on Thursday though it is not a fixed menu. My family does not eat non-veg on Tues, Thursday and Saturday for religious reasons. So, they want something yummy in vegetarian on these daysI am a vegetarian on all days
@Aansh13 (10510)
• New Delhi, India
You posted the picture of something that I was craving to have for past one week, super yummy this looks....
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It was really yummy. And on top of that we had mango for dessertNow I have been yawning since then. The meal is not giving us energy as it is supposed to. Instead energy of whole body got busy digesting itI am feeling sleepy
@popciclecold (20940)
Thst sounds good, but I could never get all the ingredients here in the US. Mylot use to have a recipe section long time ago
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
I stayed in US for long 10 years and I could get all those ingredients in Indian stores. But then it is no point taking the trouble of buying something that you would not be using regularly in your kitchen. I have heard about that recipe section though I joined the site much later. It would have been a good section for people who love to explore and try new recipes. We would have so many of International recipes there.
@arunima25 Yeah, I use to get a lot of recipes off of it. But, Indian stores, are not in the country Maybe in the city, but where I live we don't have any. Some of the stuff you cook look so good, just never heard of it.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@popciclecold Food from different cultures look so inviting but we might not have heard of them. It is a common dish here.
Did you prepare the onion fritters with regular white flour or gram flour? I love fritters made with gram flour.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
I used gram flour. We generally use gram flour if we plan to make it instant. But if there is a plan to make it after 6-7 hours, I use soaked gram dal and rice. We soak pulse and rice in a ratio of 2:1 and then grind it to make a batter, That is tastier and crispier.
@arunima25 I never tried to used soaked gram dal and rice, I like a crispier taste.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@LadyDuck Traditionally, that was the recipe in most states here. My grandma did that. But then life got faster and people went for instant flour.
@Matamu (2108)
Wow, it turns out you are good at cooking.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! I bet I am. I have been cooking for almost three decades and I am a pro at it.
@Matamu (2108)
@arunima25 It sounds good
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
I can certainly relate to logging onto myLot and time flying by. Hope you enjoy your day!
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It is tough to leave it here. It is addictive. So, I prefer to come here when I have at least half an hour and more. Even two hours flies in no time and we feel that we still have a lot to do.
@arunima25 when I have my second cup of coffee every morning I use that time to myLot. Usually it's about an hour and then I have to force myself to get up and do things that need to be done around the house. Otherwise I'd be here forever
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@Marilynda1225 I can understand that I keep an alarm for that else I would leave everything and keep mylotting
@Rashnag (15330)
• Thane, India
Yes we make it here too. Good to know. Have a good day
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It is a very popular dish among vegetarians. Sindhi kadhi is a bot different and is very famous Sindhi dish. Do you make it a bit different or the same way?
@Rashnag (15330)
• Thane, India
@arunima25 Same way
@vandana7 (83149)
There is a reason I am friends with you. I am hoping you will invite me over for delicious meal. SOMEDAY. I think a person should have 365 x 3 sets of friends in the same town. No cooking..for an entire year...imagine. Seriously kadhi looks so yummy.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
You are smart and you do not do things unless you have a valid reason to do that. You have a very evil reason to be my friend I love to host people for dinner and lunch parties. I have not had one since the pandemic. It would be so good to get back to those. I am waiting for the pandemic to get under control to be back to those dinner and lunch parties. You are always welcome
@RebeccasFarm (33588)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh my goodness I need to taste those ones Arunima
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
I would have loved to have you over here.
@Nevena83 (64543)
• Serbia
Lunch looks really delicious.
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It was indeed super yummy!
• Bangalore, India
Hello Yes, the color itself looks mouth watering. Perfect combination for Bangalore weather...
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It's cloudy and drizzling here. So definitely kadhi pakoda is a perfect choice
This meal looks so yummy
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
It was yummy. And we had Alphanso mango as dessert.
I bet your family loves it.. I can't tell yet cause I don't know how it taste.. Good thing that you still have time to be here.. Take care always
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! we all relish it. You might like it but not sure as our taste buds might not accept something readily from other cultures. It may or it may not. It is busy here after the school opened but the time table is structured. I work for three hours with a break in between and I am done bu 11:30 AM. Gives me enough time to do other things in the afternoon.
@arunima25 that is great.. Atleast you got the time to take a rest in between
@arunima25 (60091)
• Bangalore, India
@Hanbinandaeyo Yes. I take a 45 minutes late afternoon nap.