Hitting Delete

@Rollo1 (16690)
Boston, Massachusetts
It’s another soggy morning. The sky is dark, grey and heavy with pregnant clouds. Although there is no sun, there is no lack of heat. The air is a warm, wet blanket that swaddles me and threatens to smother me. This is July. There’s nothing anyone can do about it. If I had to delete any month from the calendar, it would be July. It’s uncomfortable and endless. I mean, February is like an icy death that howls at you with frosty winds and buries you in snow, but at least it has the decency to limit itself to 28 days. It doesn’t hang around. July, at 31 days, just goes on and on and on. Of course, everyone has different tastes and in some parts of the world, July’s weather is markedly different than I experience here in the northeastern US. Some of you might quite like July. So, everyone gets to choose. If you could delete a month from the calendar, which would it be and why? What month could you do without?
@myklj999 (59736)
Well howdy stranger, long time no see December. Get that entire Christmas thing outta here.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Oh no! I cannot do without Christmas. The lights are cheery, at least. I haven't been around in a while, but I thought to pop in and see if it is still going. And it looks like it is still pretty busy here on myLot. Glad to see it.
That's right, it's been a long time for you not to be read here,
@myklj999 (59736)
@marlina I seeded th' wurds thay b righting
I can't delete July. It's my birth month. It's the only good thing about July. Otherwise, you can take this heat and store it for the winter months when we long for warmer weather. At least some of us do. I love winter, so I wouldn't eliminate any of those months. Spring and fall are nice months too with the new birth of spring and the beautiful fall colors of autumn. That leaves August. It is typically the hottest and muggiest of all the months in Wisconsin. The only good thing about August is my sister's birthday. I could easily eliminate the rest of the month.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I can understand not wanting to delete your birth month! I love winter, too, although it can get a bit tiresome after three or so months of it. August is pretty dry, hot and unattractive, so I can go with that.
@Rollo1 Yes, August is very unattractive.
You are here ! We are mixed bag of weather and seasons here in CA - it's never consistent each year, so I don't know that I could really delete any month. This year July is hot, but still not as hot as it could be (that might be August/September, we shall see).
August used to be the worst month here concerning the weather, this year it has been June
@marlina It got pretty hot here in June too, which makes me wonder how it will actually be next month, in August .
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
After this June and July, the weatherman owes me a cool September.
Great to see you back again. Yesterday was my birthday, so based on that I would not want to delete the month. And really, each month has its own ups and downs, and that is what makes the seasons so enjoyable in my opinion. If given the chance, I do not think that I would delete any month going forward or going backwards.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Happy belated birthday! I have been thinking about it and 11 month years being shorter would make me numerically older, so perhaps deleting isn't such a good idea after all...
@Rollo1 Thanks. That's right, we could all reach well over 100 years if we practised that wouldn't we? Nobody wants to live that long.
@sallypup (46016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Happy belated birthday, @Juliaacv.
Hello and welcome back after an absence of three years! How could you survive so long without myLot?
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Three years? Wow. Well, life is full of distracting things, for one. I have also spent some time on another site for creative writing (doesn't pay) and my computer chair is very uncomfortable. I don't really know how time slips away It's nice to see everyone again, though. I would be sorry if myLot weren't still here.
Yes, 3 years is a long,long time to be away from us, how did you survive this?
Great to see your name appearing again. Welcome back. My birthday is in July but as I'm getting so much older perhaps I should delete it.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
We must keep birthdays, if only for the gifts.
@Rollo1 Good idea
Welcome back
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hey Marie, good to see you. How are you and yours?
@Rollo1 we’re doing good. I hope you and your family are too.
If they ask to vote to delete a month, I am joining you and I vote to delete July. February is cold, but it is short and it's my birthday month, I keep that one. July is hot, I dislike to go to bed at 10 PM and there is still light outside, I will gladly see it disappear.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Oh yes, keep your birthday month! July has too many uncomfortable days and nights.
@Rollo1 I agree and I have bad memories for the month of July, I can kick it out.
• Israel
@Rollo1 Me I would delete March because it is still cold and would like to skip from winter to nice weather so if delete March then May would come sooner and bring the nice weather with it.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I like March some years. Sometimes it's a cold, windy, grey introduction to spring. But sometimes, it's just one more month of winter...
• Israel
@Rollo1 I do not like winter at all. I am glad when nice weather comes.
I could delete the month of November after the 7th has passed.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I've decided that I like November. It's just cold enough but not too snowy. All those pesky leaves are off the trees and so I can see out my windows. It's quite a bare bones month.
@Rollo1 , Contrarily to you, I love those "pesky" leaves, I hate it when they fall.
Wow Pregnant clouds I'll delete June as it's the hottest month in India
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
June was very hot here this year. Usually it is a cooler month than July.
@Rollo1 yes weather is acting weird everywhere now
I will keep them all! I bundled up to go snowshoeing with a friend all winter. Complete with a thermos of hot food to stop for a "picnic". Summer I can find a cool lake or Creek for paddling my kayak. And the garden! Starting to enjoy the produce!
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I really don't know how to respond to such contentment. You are lucky, indeed, to face the seasons with such enthusiasm. I am all wrapped up in pouting.
Welcome back, @Rollo1 @AnjaP It's so delightful to see you again!
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you very much for the kind welcome!
@sallypup (46016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I will keep all the months. Each one has some plague within it. May is the kindest over here but generally the months each have their pinch.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
True. There's nothing perfect. And weather changes every year, it seems.
So good to see you again and I agree July is just ugly in New England!!
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I haven't enjoyed anything since May. June was terrible, too.
@1creekgirl (26155)
It's great to see you again! Here in eastern NC, I'd probably do away with August. Too hot and humid, although my youngest grandson would have to move his birthday to September.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hot and humid - two of the worst words in the weather vocabulary.
@Fleura (16099)
Well for me I'm afraid it would be February, it usually is the dreariest.
@Rollo1 (16690)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think February is a month too far where winter is concerned. Everyone is tired of the weather by February
Nice to see you again! July is a nasty month.
• Walnut Creek, California
In California, it might be April. I do some planting in April, but by April our Ireland-like hills are turning yellow, soon to be brown. I look at the once-beautiful hills and say "just get on with it!"
• Walnut Creek, California
If I still lived in the Midwest (Chicago), it would be March. In December the first snows are a delight and make me think of a Robert Frost poem. But by March the cold is oppressive and any remaining snow is yellow and black. I think of a Frank Zappa song instead.