It’s a good week in my world

Well the weather is awful, hot, humid and rainy and now add the smoky haze from out west but nothing can dull my enthusiasm. Al is starting to really show some improvement. He is sleeping at night and staying awake in the day with no medication . That is miraculous in and of itself. He is eating and getting stronger and able to turn over in bed. He is coughing a lot less and is very funny. Like his old self. He asked me today if he was going to make it and I was able to tell Him truthfully, yes you are!! He does insist on having my attention 24/7 and tells everyone that but I’m so happy to have him back, I will let him get away with it at least for a while!! Thank you so much for the prayers and good thoughts. Keep them Coming for a while more. In other news, I’m busy writing, my grandson Chris and I have been having fun making home chef meals together, our granddaughter Jeanna came over for a visit and the cottage is almost done!! Jack is taking swim lessons which have been going really well and our son Steve is in with his dad right now playing cards! I can finally feel that life is indeed good again if a little different. We are still working out all the services Al can get to help him. A social worker and OT are coming tomorrow.
@moffittjc (98032)
• Gainesville, Florida
HI stranger! It's been a while, I guess I missed what has been going on with Al, but all I can say is thank God he is doing much better according to your post. And that is wonderful news. Miss you lots, hope we'll get to reconnect in person again in the near future!
It will be a long haul and no guarantee of the outcome but everyday I have him is one I cherish,
@moffittjc (98032)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr You are blessed to have him each and every day. Just as he is blessed to have you!
@CarolDM (145173)
This update makes me so happy for you. Incredible improvement it sounds like. And time with your family is precious. You are blessed.
Yes it is still up and down a lot but so much better.
@CarolDM (145173)
@BelleStarr We take the good days when we can get them. Thoughts are with you.
@sallypup (46157)
• Moses Lake, Washington
All of this sounds promising. I'm glad for all of you.
Thank you, it is still Very up and down depending on the day
I am so happy for you, Al and your entire family. All seems right in your world and I think it is wonderful.
It was righter Mon-Thursday but it is still much better than last week.
@Elizaby (6835)
• Pensacola, Florida
PTL So glad to hear he is doing much better and will be praying that the progress he is making cotinues.
Thank you so much
I am so happy for you Belle, you must feel so much better now that your husband is back as he has always been. Now you just need to relax.
Well today he slept all day, I’m not quite sure why. It was a step backwards but hopefully tomorrow will be back to the new normal
@BelleStarr I hope he will ve back to his new normal. My husband had a heart attack the past Monday. I have spent all day with him at the ER. He now needs to rest, do not make efforts, try not to stress. Not easy to keep him quiet.
@LadyDuck oh Anna I am so sorry, I will keep you and him in my prayers.
• Israel
@BelleStarr I am very happy to read the news about Al. That is really good news. I bet he feels better too. I am so glad you could tell him that he is going to make it. It sounds like you had a busy week and a good one. That is awesome that you and your grandson are making home chef meals and enjoying it together.
He still isn’t himself a lot of the time but at least I have hope to keep me going.
• Israel
@BelleStarr It sounds like he is starting to get back to himself again. Hope is very important thing to have.
That is wonderful news for All and you must be so relieved. Spoil him as much as possible!
I do try, yes we are having more good days than bad which is good news.
@kobesbuddy (130392)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is such a good update on Al's condition and life with your family. With all the improvements that Al is making, it's obvious that God is doing a beautiful work:) Yes, I will continue to pray, every sing day
Thank you Kharla, he has improved but he is not back to normal, not even close. Part of me despairs that he will never be where he was again.
@kobesbuddy (130392)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@BelleStarr Parkinson's is a cruel disease, yet your bond with Al will never lessen. No sickness can hinder the love God has given you, to share as a married couple. Al finds security in this and so do you!
@kobesbuddy thank you, even the darkness hours have silver linings
@Decmnel (64)
• Kenya
I am happy for you now you can celebrate your moment with us. And am also happy you can be at peace at last.
Thank you
@prinzcy (30848)
It's good to hear that he's getting better.
Thank you
What great news to hear today!!! I'm so happy that Al is doing better and things are going well for you. Will keep the prayers coming for Als continued recovery
Thank you the prayers are still needed
@Rollo1 (16692)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't know what the health situation was, but I am happy to hear that Al is improving. You are lucky to be surrounded with family. Cheerful faces are like a medicine, too.
He is recovering from pneumonia and he has Parkinson's s
@S4mmyboy (2071)
• Mumbai, India
Well as I don't know what has been going on with Al, what I did understand is that Al is recovering and that's a wonderful thing. Am feeling glad for you. Enjoy your day
@sjvg1976 (26032)
Glad to know that there is improvement of health in Al. I knew it that God will do the things better
@janethwayne (5204)
That is really a good progress.
@cahaya1983 (10487)
Sending my best wishes to all of you! Glad to hear you've been enjoying a great bonding time with the family.
Yes it has drawn us all together
@LeaPea2417 (31421)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am so glad to read he is doing better!
• Austin, Texas
This is a wonderful report. Glad things are going well for you both.
@Shiva49 (22500)
I was wondering how Al was and happy that he is getting better. He feels the love of the family and that does make a difference. I will keep all of you in my prayers.