Massive success with potato bread...

@vandana7 (84751)
I am enjoying cooking. After failing with cake a few times, I have succeeded a couple times too. So I am in better frame of mind. Many of the sweets and snacks and savories I used to make in college days - almost forty years ago..I am managing to remake with fair degree of success. Why did I not make these things in this period? First financial tight spot, then career and home loans, and then my evil parent who criticizes everything I cook. He still does...but now that I have selected my old age home, where I may have difficulty in procuring some of the ingredients, I am into cooking spree. Down with cooking critics. I bet I am better than Pony...ANYDAY.
@wolfgirl569 (44049)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad they are coming out good.
@vandana7 (84751)
It feels great when the dish I tried ages ago turned out so nice.
@ThatDisha (1915)
Glad you are again starting with it...I wish you all the best
@vandana7 (84751)
Thank you so much. I found a new guinea pig. My househelp. She has to taste it, once she approves then all others get to eat it. But I do pray to Sai Baba...and warn him, look I am saying this prayer aloud. If I fail, people will lose faith in you. LOL
@ThatDisha (1915)
@vandana7 haha he must be doing his part of work in making your bread taste good
@vandana7 (84751)
@ThatDisha I don't give him a choice. When you want god to help you, you should blackmail him.
@florelway (19448)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's good you're finding liberty at cooking what you want.
@vandana7 (84751)
He does not like potatoes, so kinda we were eating potatoes once a month ..and I love potatoes. It was such a tragic life. LOL. He does not like tomatoes, as well as tamarind. We used to have tough time cooking something that has little or no tomatoes and tamarind. He also does not like spices. How do you cook for a parent like that? Now that I am past 60, I could also die any day. I decided I gotta live too.
@florelway (19448)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@vandana7 yes you gotta enjoy life for yourself too.
@vandana7 (84751)
@florelway I know ... I am doing it vengeance.
Congratulations Vanny, this is the way to go, ignore the critics and do what you like.
@vandana7 (84751)
Thanks Anna. Some hobbies as a youngster. Now I can enjoy once more. I forgot proportions but thanks to YouTube ..I managed to get some guidance.
@vandana7 YouTube is incredible useful to check old recipes and check how people do it.
@vandana7 (84751)
@LadyDuck They give so many useful hints. One pancake with pineapple, I want to make that...
@id_peace (14399)
Hmm potato cake. It sounds so good.
@vandana7 (84751)
It is not a cake..it is flat bread. It is actually a street food but can be ordered in any restaurant out here. Mine came out authentic. So I was happy.
@id_peace (14399)
Will you eventually be making and selling this as a home business?
@vandana7 (84751)
@id_peace Not at all. Just that when you are in teens and early twenties, you try out dishes and feel happy at success. That joy is back.
Glad you are doing great with this
@vandana7 (84751)
About time. I was tentative..but I managed.
@oahuwriter (15741)
That's just the way some oldsters are, not happy unless complaining. Glad you're enjoy baking & cooking. You're going to live in a retirement in community? You look too young for retirement community.
@vandana7 (84751)
I am photogenic. Trust me I am old. :) Thank you for the compliment though. :) But it will be a couple of years from now before I can settle everything.
@oahuwriter (15741)
@vandana7 Ok. I'm living alone in my apartment. So you're going to live at a retirement community?
@vandana7 (84751)
@oahuwriter Yes. It is actually a small room. As long as my father is alive, we will live here. But once he is no more, I have to find a place where somebody will check on me a couple of times a day so that if I have any health issues, they can take me to hospital and get me treated.
@Fleura (16138)
Glad you are having fun. I have also been experimenting.
@vandana7 (84751)
Covid has really turned us towards cooking. And YouTube. LOL. I find so many dishes that I can prepare. LOL
@vandana7 (84751)
What did you try?
@Fleura (16138)
@vandana7 I have been trying more things in the microwave, because we are without an oven right now.
@DaddyEvil (47887)
I'm glad you aren't poisoning people anymore, vanny. It's not important if Dad likes what you cook, it's only important if you like it. pony does make a good ex-girlfriend stew.
@vandana7 (84751)
I made some milk sweet. It took me over one hour. It turned out to have nice texture. But it was kinda too sweet for me. Today my househelp's grand daughter is coming to learn cake making from me. Tomorrow we are making some sweet for us. See...I am becoming increasingly evil.
@DaddyEvil (47887)
@vandana7 What is "milk sweet"? Oh, my... is it safe for you to teach the granddaughter to cook a cake? (Make the househelp taste it first... ) I already know you're evil... I don't think it's possible for you to get more evil.
@vandana7 (84751)
@DaddyEvil Each day, I think of novel ways to damage others gut line. Imagine...
@prashu228 (31681)
Ahh one more success...kudos to you.. That means full marks from dad...isn't.....how come.. PONY..does pony ever cook...?
@vandana7 (84751)
Now you are talking... no dad never ever gives full marks to anybody...he is just born to criticize forever. LOL. But did I care? My househelp said it was terrific...better than what the lady at other house prepares. Personally, I thought it turned out great except that I could have reduced salt and green chillies. But it came authentic. Like how they serve in dhabas. On my birthdays I used to go to one specific dhaba eat one aloo paratha and one kulfi. But COVID changed that. Pony's cooking looks like lizard without head or tail skinned in a pan.
@DaddyEvil (47887)
@vandana7 That's because pony cooks what Kitty brings him... If that's a headless lizard, then that's what pony cooks. And eats.
@vandana7 (84751)
@DaddyEvil You did not think his cooking is atrocious? Sigh...an American will always stand by an American. Indians are at least honest.
@xander6464 (23202)
• Wapello, Iowa
Food critics are almost as bad as literary critics.
@vandana7 (84751)
They are very difficult to live with - believe me. Once he boiled meat in water. Sprinkled salt and pepper. Placed it in front of everybody at a party. He demanded everybody eat it that way as it was healthy and people develop taste to eat it that way.
@xander6464 (23202)
• Wapello, Iowa
@vandana7 Demanding that everyone eat is a novel way to conduct a dinner party.
@LindaOHio (71057)
I'm sure all of your cooking is fabulous. Ignore your evil parent.
@vandana7 (84751)
I am ignoring him. He gets warned if he wants food, silence is the best policy. In COVID times, he hasn't much choice I suppose. But he is always blaming me...it is your cooking. That is why I am having constipation. LOL He goes once in two days and still complains. SMH.
@LindaOHio (71057)
@vandana7 How annoying! He'd better not complain or maybe he won't be fed! :-)
@Rashnag (17117)
• Surat, India
Good to know. Happy cooking to you
@vandana7 (84751)
Thanks Rashna. Its been fun so far. :)
@Rashnag (17117)
• Surat, India
@vandana7 your welcome dear
@CuriousGab (1851)
You are back to cooking... Is kitchen all right or needs some bandages? But I believe this time you must have improved a lot on dishes..good luck Enjoy what you do ignore the criticism.
@vandana7 (84751)
I am baking cake today and milk burfi tomorrow...that is gonna be fun because my neighbors are also going to be joining in. Someday I will make kalakand, and another day I will make cheese cake. Cham cham and turkish delight...once I succeed with all that then I will press the accelerator on all hot savories. I am enjoying cooking.
@VonHerman (377)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Halo! Glad to hear finally you made it. Don't be worry of criticism its normal in our world, even if one do right there is always criticism. Keep going, you are the best! Enjoy, keep safe and have a nice day. -Von Herman.
@vandana7 (84751)
Yes, my father can start a class on how to criticize. He holds doctorate in that. LOL
@YuleimaVzla (1500)
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
I love potato bread! I have not been able to eat it for a long time, maybe I will encourage myself to do it one of these days. The important thing is the taste and that you like it.
@vandana7 (84751)
Me too. I made it a tad spicy but the next time I am going to mix it with cheese and check.
@sjvg1976 (26127)
17h
So how would you purchase the ingredients? You are better than pony don't worry
@vandana7 (84751)
15h
Monthly milk powder sugar and cardamom gives milk barfi.. Did you know that? 10 minutes..flat. And with butter and bread, and little bit of milk, and few dry fruits, great desert. I love YouTube. I sent my cake to a professional chef...remarks awaited...yesterday we made again, this time it turned out superb. That is why I sent it to a chef. The only flaw I could think of was ........ a pinch of baking powder was more ..it could be felt at the end...because of which the crust was also more brown. But it was like a professional bakery stuff. All my neighbors praised it. Credit to Pony for asking me to keep on at it. Now I am really confident of making cake...overconfident. LOL
@sjvg1976 (26127)
15h
@vandana7 I cannot tell or think unless I taste it
@vandana7 (84751)
15h
@sjvg1976 Sigh...let me get the report then I will announce here...I suppose all these people from west get it perfect. Few Indians around me get it this right. Not any of my relatives I know. So kinda..I can be a show off.
@ankurdini (1506)
Nice to know , u not loose hope for making food. Finally u made it. Congratulations.
@vandana7 (84751)
Thank you. :) It felt really good.
@ankurdini (1506)
@vandana7 welcome, good night
@vandana7 (84751)
@ankurdini Good night. :)