Staying Home Isn’t that Bad…

By Toni
Stayed the whole day at home but was doing some online work anyways. I was able to rest for several hours and even had the luxury of a nap. The weather was perfect for it. Not someone who enjoys napping but recently my body has been so demanding. I know i just have to give in. What i love about staying home is that i can spend more time with my son. Buy him food that he wants to eat as snacks and have a lovely chat over lunch. And of course i get to monitor how he’s doing with his classes. I think I’m gonna miss this when life gets back to normal and he has to go to school.
@DaddyEvil (53624)
When Pretty and I were quarantined for ten days we found lots of things to do at home... of course, we also thought of a lot of things we wanted to do away from home, too. (Strangely enough, after the ten day quarantine was lifted, we weren't really interested in doing all the things we thought we wanted to do before... *shrug* It's weird but that's still what happened.) When you're forced to stay home, it can be bad.
Right. My son is not someone who enjoys spending time outside. We have to force him when going on vacation as he prefers to just stay at home. But he went to school then and spent most of his time there. But now, he couldn’t go to school and just stay at home all day everyday.
@DaddyEvil (53624)
@toniganzon Pretty and I spend most of our time inside, too. I'm scared of getting skin cancer again and she's scared of open spaces... I don't know what to tell you. Some people just prefer to be inside.
Yeah i know. There are people who are just like that. My son takes after me. When i was young i spent most of my school breaks at home, just reading books. But every time someone would ask me to go to the beach, i couldn’t say no as i love the beach so much. And when i had my son, i realized i should make more memories with him by going on trips as i never had that with my parents. @DaddyEvil
Some aspects I'll miss. Others not so much.
Understandable. I miss going on long trips.
@toniganzon I don't think I can sit still in a long trip anymore. On the brighter side, no traffic so the long trips are shorter now.
Going to Boracay from here is about 5-6 hour drive. We enjoy long trips especially with friends. We usually have fun in the car just talking about a lot of things. @allen0187
@JimBo452020 (55508)
• Montrose, Scotland
I think it was bound to happen that people would see the positive side of lockdowns and restrictions. You will miss it. Lockdowns have made us think a different way. We love lockdowns, social distancing, etc etc. When life returns to normal it will take a lot of getting used to
True. I do miss going on long trips, going to beautiful islands, and just laying under the sun on a beautiful white sand beach.
@JimBo452020 (55508)
• Montrose, Scotland
@toniganzon I've done a bit of the beach holiday.this trip. It was fun
I always enjoy the beach. @JimBo452020
As we are both retired, the fact to stay at home did not change our life a lot, we already stayed at home most of the time.
I stayed at home most of the time before the lockdown but my son goes to school and we would go to different places on his vacation break. That one i really miss the most.
@toniganzon You have a son and this surely is different. We are only the two of us.
Yeah sure but if it were my son’s choice he wouldn’t go on vacation trips and would rather stay home on school break. Pre-pandemic days, i am usually alone at home as i work from home most of the time. @LadyDuck
Believe it or not, but I’m a homebody. I love being home.
Same here. Even when i was young. But i do enjoy going on vacation once in a while.
@toniganzon So do I. Haven’t been home too much lately.
@moffittjc (100008)
• Gainesville, Florida
It is nice that you get to spend more time with your son. Enjoy it while you can! If there is anything nice about this pandemic, it has allowed us to reconnect with our loved ones and spend more meaningful time with them.
Right and more time to Mylot and have fun with you too.
@moffittjc (100008)
• Gainesville, Florida
@toniganzon Aww, that was sweet of you to say that! Thank you
@yoalldudes (30178)
Oh we are the same, I enjoy my time with my daughter immensely, eating together, laughing and telling stories and jokes. We got close because of this.
My son has always been close to me and our relationship hasn’t really changed much during the lockdown.
@yoalldudes (30178)
@toniganzon Same. I meant closer.
@Fishmomma (11370)
I enjoy staying home, as have lots of plants to take care of now. Before 2020, I did enjoy getting away for a few days, but really prefer the peace and quiet at home now.
Oh i have lots of plants to take care of too. But I’d still want to get away or two or three days at least
@betlynfrnds (3850)
Pandemic or no pandemic, I love being home. Don't get me wrong; day trips every now and then are great but my favorite place is my home. I'll always have more to do here than I can get to in the course of a day.
Pre-pandemic i stay home most of the time since most of my work are done at home except on weekends. But i love going places and just going out to walk my dogs any time i want to.
@JESSY3236 (14941)
I had to take a nap today because I didn't sleep good last night. I may have to take another little nap soon.
Nothing better than to listen to what our body needs. Don’t really like napping as i find it a waste of time but when my body needs it, i just can’t say no. I’m getting old.
@RebeccasFarm (42240)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You are making the most of the time with your son..I know how precious this time is. Yes you need to rest Toni.
Yes i am and i am enjoying every bit of it. I love that he enjoys talking to me and sharing school stuff.
@sjvg1976 (28809)
Absolutely one will miss these things once the things get normal.
Right.
@franxav (9971)
Certainly, these times have compelled us to stay home more and that has done good.
I know for some it isn’t good and in fact they’re suffering from anxiety.
@LindaOHio (74859)
I'm glad you had a good day.
Me too.
@CarolDM (152882)
I stay home often and enjoy it. Take care!
@Rashnag (19572)
• Surat, India
Awe. Good that you are spending so much time with your son. Our body needs rest so it's ok if you took the nap
@m_audrey6788 (51792)
I agree with you. Enjoy every moment
That last sentence drew my special attention You do not want life to get back to normal - interesting
I said I’m gonna miss spending more time with my son. Didn’t say i don’t want life go back to normal. Those are different things.