Feeling heart broken

Nice quote
@cacay1 (61632)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
My 1 year old laptop Lenovo so suddenly stopped operating. It said to reboot, but I don't know how. I'm feeling blue. How could I hold class online? Seriously, I'm worried. Tomorrow I have 3 subjects to teach. I can't use a mobile phone for a class of 42 via zoom. Huh! What a life, I can't just go to a technician. We're on lockdown, covid case in Cagayan de Oro City is surging, so sad. Another thing that breaks my heart is my co - teacher got covid positive. We learned it today.What kind of life is this? I want to shout, he's a very good and intelligent young teacher. My heart bleeds for many things. About my laptop, come what may,but this evening, I tried to open my old laptop bought in Auckland oh I praise God. It still functions. Though slow, but at least I was able to download apps like zoom, webex, Google classroom connect. Thanks for reading. Thank you dears for feeling me. I'll be here again tomorrow evening. Take care all, much love sent to everyone virtually.
So glad you have a backup laptop to use. So sorry about the covid.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, thanks Dianne, that laptop was bought by Dennis in Auckland. I also have other laptop but overheated after my niece unconsciously poured drops of hot coffee onto it . It immediately went off This day while on GoMeet my students were on static. I thought they left only to know from them I was lost my old laptop freakout.
@cacay1 I figured it was from Dennis Oh, my! That’s awful about both laptops. You may need a new one soon. Hopefully, the school can provide you with one.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, I tried to follow the instructions via video but it didn't work. My lenovo laptop is 1 year old this month. I may bring this one to a technician
That is awful! Hopefully @Daddyevil was able to help you out down below. Really sorry about your co teacher too.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@snowy22315 , my laptop wasn't rebooted despite I followed instructions in video . I will bring the laptop to the technician.
@cacay1 Sometimes that is all you can do.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@snowy22315, no choice, it's very important for the online classes.
I hope you are able to reboot your laptop.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jstory07, I have just read the instructions how to reboot from @DaddyEvil. I arrived here late. I hope I can restore my laptop tomorrow
@cacay1 I hope you can to.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@jstory07 sorry to myself, it didn't prosper despite I followed instructions from video
@Sojourn (11832)
I can relate to your pain. I perfectly know how difficult to manage such situations. I am glad that the old laptop came to your rescue this time. You might wanna say " old is gold" now, dont you?
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Sojourn,Agree with that saying joyfully that old is gold, but after having the 45 minutes virtual lecture, my old laptop freakout. My students were waiting for me to appear, though I was talking in front of them. I was mad when nobody answered me only to know from them I was lost . What a crazy laptop putting me to shame, but I told them beforehand that my 1 year old laptop not functioning and no idea if the old laptop won't betray me. It indeed betrayed me.
@Sojourn (11832)
@cacay1 So everything that is old is not gold.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Sojourn seems like that.
@sjvg1976 (29203)
That's sad. We had lots of things that we could not do during the lockdown. Hope you can take your classes with an old laptop.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@sjvg1976, yes it's so sad. I was so uncertained this day if the GoMeet app would work. I was able to lecture online for 45 minutes nonstop, then according to my students I was lost. So the old laptop is also problematic Tomorrow at 8 to 12 nn another section for a virtual lecture. I hope the old laptop won't freakout at the middle of my virtual lecture.
@m_audrey6788 (53376)
So sorry about that. I hope you can follow the advice of @DaddyEvil on how you can reboot it. Have a good night sleep
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@m_audrey6788, thanks dear. I'm here again this evening Mylottng. I'm going to follow the instructions tomorrow given by @DaddyEvil.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@m_audrey6788, it didn't work. I'll bring my laptop to a technician.
Follow DE instructions to reboot your Lenovo. I am sorry about your co-teacher, I hope she will recover soon.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, my student Brandon is going to reboot my laptop. He's a technician and has a shop in his home, but not this time. It's scary to go to school for our meeting place with Brandon. His home is near the university. He's the one recovered from virus infection. . My co teacher is male name Julz. We pray for his recovery soon. Thankful he already had completed his vaccination. He messaged me this day saying he can now taste food and smell. We're thankful for his fast recovery. It seems vaccination helps him recover fast.
@cacay1 Do you mean that he got Covid despite he was fully vaccinated? I know that this happens, the vaccine helps but it's nor a miracle medication.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck, yes he's fully vaccinated, despite vaccinated one can still get infection, that's why we're advised here by DOH to continue wearing a mask and shield, but vaccinated versus unvaccinated people matter a lot for those vaccinated have a great chance to recover the soonest versus the non vacc.
All;s well that ends well. Nice to know your old laptop did not let you down
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@allknowing, yes it is and feel a little consolation. This day I was able to have virtual lectures but in the last subject from 4:30-6:00,old laptop freakout.
@cacay1 You better go for a new one
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@allknowing, my lenovo is just a 1 year old laptop. I have to bring it to a technician
@RebeccasFarm (43969)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh no Erly your laptop and your poor co teacher, may God heal him. Thank goodness your old laptop work.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@RebeccasFarm, thanks dear, yes my 1 year old laptop betrayed me. I hope it would be restored tomorrow. @DaddyEvil helped me and he gave me instructions how to reboot. About my co teacher, he is fully vaccinated and that saved him. He's doing better this day. He can now taste food and smell anything. My old laptop supported me this day for my online classes, but it went off after 45 minutes lecture. The sound and cam lost.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@cacay1 I am glad he is doing better your co teacher. Glad you got something done with new old laptop lol but the sound and cam? Oh no
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@RebeccasFarm, it's distressing laptop, it wasn't rebooted despite I followed the instructions in video.
I see that DE has given you some good advise, I hope that you get it back up and running. I have a lenovo and its about 7 or 8 years old and still works. I have really gotten my money out of that purchase.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Juliaacv, sorry, it didn't work for my lenovo despite following the instructions from video
Follow DE's directions, he knows techy stuff.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rebelann, yes dear I'll do it tomorrow. I hope it will be restored for I have many documents in my lenovo laptop
@maratai (6337)
Hahaha..that's good friend, now you are not too heart broken anymore. because there is one more laptop that works.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@maratai, yes my friend. It supported me this day. I am despite old laptop somewhat slow. I just don't force it to be fast or else it will go off.
@maratai (6337)
@cacay1 Hahaha..that's good my friend. I'm glad you can stay happy. During this pandemic, we must remain cheerful, even though it is hard. So that our immune system is maintained.
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@maratai, actually in this pandemic I never had laughed. What we're facing is so distressing. I keep on thinking.
@averygirl72 (27031)
I feel how you feel. I'm glad you have another laptop. Just stay positive and keep on praying
@cacay1 (61632)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@averygirl72, thanks my dear, yes I am not happy. I have to go to the technician on Saturday. I already made an appointment with him.