It's Pouring Rain.

By DE
@DaddyEvil (58365)
It started pouring rain here around 9 pm. We're under a tornado watch and a flood warning. Lightning and thunder are playing across the sky. Don't forget... Anyone who wants to come and take some of this water from the sky, you can pump it straight out of the culvert at the end of my yard. Is anyone interested in coming and getting some of it? I'm hoping it will reach @myklj999 tomorrow and @DocAndersen in two days.
@maratai (8313)
Wow, this picture of your raindrops is very beautiful, friend. It looks like it's falling snowflakes. Hopefully your place will not be flooded or stormy. Stay safe and stay healthy.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
You've seen falling snow? I thought your country is always hot. The culvert at the end of my yard is already 3/4 full... I hope it doesn't overflow on the highway that the culvert goes under.
@maratai (8313)
@DaddyEvil In my country there is no snow. But when I was little, I took school holidays and visited my grandmother's village. In my grandmother's village the air is very cold because it is located in a hilly area. At that time it was raining very hard, and I happened to be in the fields with my grandmother. When it rained heavily, I felt someone throw pebbles on my head. Uh, it's not pebbles, it's raining small hailstones. So rain contains small hail like pebbles. This is called hail.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@maratai Yes, rain can contain hail in it if the air is cold enough that the hail doesn't melt before it reaches the ground. Let me look in my photos. I think I have one that shows it snowing in my back yard. I'm sorry. Apparently I deleted that photo.
I am sorry for your bad weather. We have a wonderful sunny Monday for a change and I hope this nice weather is going to stay for a while.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Thank you. It stopped raining for a while but it started back up again. At least the radar doesn't say anything about tornadoes now. Just more storms. I hope it stays nice for you.
@DaddyEvil I want to finish to clean the garden before the cold days come. I have seen the neighbors are doing the same.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@LadyDuck My tomato plants and bell peppers are still setting flowers and baby veggies on them.
Not tonight I prefer to stay inside
@DaddyEvil (58365)
I don't blame you one bit. I don't want to go out in it, either.
@DaddyEvil I hope you can stay inside since it is 9 pm there.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@sharon6345 I'm in Missouri and it's just after 1 am here. It's been storming since 9 pm. I'm not planning on going out anywhere if I'm not forced to do so.
@MarieCoyle (1746)
I have a cousin in Norman, OK. She said they had lost power and had a storm and big hail, they had to go to their storm cellar. They lost a house a few years back in a tornado there, so when they built another home, they added a storm cellar and stocked it in case they have to stay in it. Hope you are doing OK.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
We are about four hours East of your cousin. Tornadoes always circle around our city, usually to the North side of the city. We're on a high spot here. We're doing fine, thank you.
@DocAndersen (50521)
i have my fan in my front yard blowing towards you. of course if I push the storm north, I will get in trouble from the New York folks
@DaddyEvil (58365)
If you can push it back to @myklj999 again, that would be okay.
@DocAndersen (50521)
@DaddyEvil JJ might send his cat army to DC if I do that.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@DocAndersen You make that sound like it's a problem... I don't see a problem with that.
LOL that's too much of rain DE, Stay careful
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Hey! You're back again! It's good to see you, buddy! Are you going to come by and take some water home with you?
@DaddyEvil thanks Naa I already have here
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@Butterfingers You're welcome. I understand.
@Rashnag (21087)
• Surat, India
Sorry to hear. I hope it doesn't cause much destruction
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Thank you.
@Rashnag (21087)
• Surat, India
@DaddyEvil your welcome
It is raining here and I am not going out in the rain.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
I'm not planning on going anywhere while it's thundering and lightning here. I don't mind the rain so much but lightning is scary.
@FourWalls (36251)
I was watching the severe weather coverage out of Tulsa last night. I hope none of that really bad stuff hit you.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
The culvert at the end of the yard is almost full. If it makes it to the top, then the roads around us will be flooded. Our house is on a hill so we'll be okay. The tornado warnings expired at 7 am. We're back under flash flood warnings now, though.
@vandana7 (87155)
@DaddyEvil Your world is scary. Even your skies are scary.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@vandana7 I know you have tornadoes in India, too. Maybe not right where you live but India has them.
@CarolDM (157783)
I hope it comes down here as well.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
What state are you in?
@CarolDM (157783)
@DaddyEvil Tennessee.
@vandana7 (87155)
Did you know that I did not know America had rainy season? I thought they got snow, so when it melts, they had their water requirements. I thought that only some states have rains. JJ enlightened me.
@myklj999 (62680)
• Olney, Illinois
I think it is supposed to hit me this afternoon, haven't checked the app yet today but that is what it showed yesterday Edit - yep, right around Noon
@DaddyEvil (58365)
You know... I wasn't trying to send it to you... as far as you can prove. Edit to add: We've been dropped from flash flood warning to flash flood watch now. And nothing more about tornadoes in my area. I hope you don't get any tornadoes.
@myklj999 (62680)
• Olney, Illinois
@DaddyEvil I've been relatively lucky over the years, had a few up close and personal encounters but I'm still standing
@myklj999 (62680)
• Olney, Illinois
@DaddyEvil Got pretty nasty here a little bit ago, lost 2 major tree limbs, emergency vehicles heading south of town, smaller debris all over the yard. I was waiting for the sirens to kick on but they didn't. Wind was hitting hard enough I was sure I'd lose a full tree.
@Fleura (17344)
If we had a hose pipe long enough, we could take some, we are finally ready to start filling our new pond and of course we are now enjoying fine dry weather!
@DaddyEvil (58365)
The storm hit a lull but another wave of storms is heading at us now. When I went to the culvert around midnight it was 3/4 full then. The weather forecasters changed the flood warning to flood watch for my area. Edit to add: Weather radar map from my phone.
@Fleura (17344)
@DaddyEvil That certainly looks like a lot of water!
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@Fleura My phone screen isn't big enough to show what went through earlier. That storm was just as big as the one coming up. I'm hoping they don't spot any tornadoes with this second storm, either. If you can figure out how to pass a hose through our laptop screens, I'd take my end down and drop it into the culvert for you.
@1creekgirl (27470)
Sure hope you all didn't get any tornados or floods.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Thanks. No tornadoes but we're still under flash flood warnings here.
@dya80dya (26050)
We will have rain in a few days. But we will not have a tornado.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
I hope you need the rain. The weather people have stopped saying tornadoes now but they are calling for more rain today.
@wolfgirl569 (49037)
• Marion, Ohio
As long as it dont come here. I am enjoying the sunshine
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Check your weather app on your phone. It's heading your way. I don't know when it will get there but you might think about looking...
@wolfgirl569 (49037)
• Marion, Ohio
@DaddyEvil It shows scattered showers fir Thursday. But this past Friday and Saturday were SUPPOSED to be rainy Sooooo
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@wolfgirl569 Good... Then most of the storms we're getting are going to peter out before they reach you. Tell the crazy lady she's still good to sleep in the cat's tummy.
Its a blue sky morning here, and will be warm 25C. I hope that your rain is short-lived.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
The weather app shows another line of storms right behind this one. And the forecast says our high for today will be 21C. Are you sure you don't want any rain?
@DaddyEvil No thanks, its our Thanksgiving Day holiday, and many people will be travelling today.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@Juliaacv Okay, fine... Just be mean like that then. Have a happy thanksgiving!
@prinzcy (33548)
Send some to me! Why are you not sharing with me?
@DaddyEvil (58365)
Open the door and drag a hose through. I'll hook another hose to it and drop my end into the culvert. Then you can start siphoning all the water you want out of it.
@rakski (101488)
It did rain here yesterday afternoon. The wind and rain was so strong that you will think there was a high level alert of storm here. Good thing it only lasted around 30 minutes
@DaddyEvil (58365)
You and your family are all okay, right? I'm glad the storm was a short one.
@rakski (101488)
@DaddyEvil Yes, we are all good. You wake up early?
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@rakski Good, I'm happy to know that. My tummy is upset and I got up to take some medicine. I came to check on myLot and found 75 notifications waiting for me... so I'm trying to take care of them.
@xander6464 (27387)
• Wapello, Iowa
It has reached me. But it's just light rain. I guess Mother Nature left most of the water in your yard.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
We got hit with two storms yesterday. The second one was the stronger one, too. Strong winds tore through here, ripping some good sized limbs off trees in our back yard. We've got most of it cleaned up but still have some work to do before we can mow back there again.
@xander6464 (27387)
• Wapello, Iowa
@DaddyEvil You always get all the fun things.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@xander6464 Thank goodness we DON'T get all the fun things here. I would have moved a long time ago if we did. (The back yard is absolutely covered in black walnuts. We'll need to get those picked up before too long, too... or we'll have trees sprouting everywhere this coming Spring. If I knew anyone with a pickup, I'd ask them to come over and split the money selling the walnuts would bring in.)
@RubyHawk (39894)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No, I don’t need any more water. It looked like rain here but it didn’t. I won’t be surprised if it rains tonight.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
The forecast here is calling for three or, possibly, four more days of rain. We don't need any more and I don't want any more. We had limbs down all over our back yard. We've gotten most of those cleaned up but the strong winds also knocked down black walnuts all over our yard, too. We'll have to get those cleaned up before we can mow again. I hope there's no damage from the rains there.
@RubyHawk (39894)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@DaddyEvil not right now that I know of but we’ve had flooding throughout the summer. Sounds like you have some cleaning yo to do.
@DaddyEvil (58365)
@RubyHawk It's flooded here three times this summer. Never enough to do more than make people aware that things could be a lot worse. (During one intense storm Pretty and I were going to the doctor's office but had to turn around and find a different way to get there because water was fountaining up through the blacktop of the street. I wasn't willing to have it shooting directly up into my car's underbody/engine.) *sigh* More cleanup. My favorite job. Photo of a yard flooded not far from my house. Photo is mine.