Finally got through to my bank today. I will report the fraud to them tonight.

Walnut Creek, California
I have to head off to Guitar Center right now, but I thought I'd provide an update while I'm on my break. I reported the theft of my multi-thousand-dollar check to the local Sheriff and the United States Post Office yesterday or the day before. But the first person I talked to at my own bank was dismissive and basically blew me off. Today (just now), I spoke with someone who gave me the "official" number for reporting fraud. They said live humans are there 24-hours. I already have case numbers with the local Sheriff and the USPS. I want to give that information to my bank so they can freeze the account of the perpetrator and help the authorities solve the crime. I will contact the FBI in due course. Right now I have to go teach guitar and piano lessons. Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
@RubyHawk (45739)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I never have and I would be stumped if it happened to me. I Wouldn’t know where to start to get my money back.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wonder if many "victims" are people who do not know what to do...or are themselves criminals and would not go to local authorities. You're not...a career criminal...are you?
@RubyHawk (45739)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TheHorse Not me I’ve never had as much as a speeding ticket, Honestly Does Joy think You’ll get your money back. So many steps to go through.
• Walnut Creek, California
@RubyHawk I think so. My bank should pay me if nobody else does. But I want criminal justice too. This has been quite the inconvenience for me.
@wolfgirl569 (52354)
• Marion, Ohio
Never directly. But I did catch my cousin stealing from my mom and dad. She did get away with pain pills. But nothing else. Figure the pills were already in her belly when I busted her
@wolfgirl569 (52354)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse But I did say most not all. Teenagers are known to do it as they cant always buy them.
• Walnut Creek, California
@wolfgirl569 I suspect older perps.
@vandana7 (87959)
I have stolen a lot from my father's purse..even embezzled. But that is my money...I reckon so I can do that. When parents grow old, they become illogical. Like he is not buying clothes for himself. He does not eat chicken etc. So I steal and say my househelp got it for him.
Luckily I have not been a victim of any crime, I wish you the best of luck and hope you can regain the money,
@TheHorse and boy am I glad you were not shot at that time, Would have never met a great guy like you on myLot
• Walnut Creek, California
@RasmaSandra Thank you. I could see in his eyes that he didn't want to shoot me. But I eventually let him have the bike anyway.
@TheSojourner (34878)
I do not understand why it's taking so long for the reporting processes with the various agencies.
• Walnut Creek, California
The Sheriff was no problem.
@TheHorse I would probably be making a pain in the butt of myself.
• Walnut Creek, California
@TheSojourner I hope I am doing so slowly but surely.
@xander6464 (29279)
• Wapello, Iowa
I hope you see some progress soon.
• Walnut Creek, California
The folks at my bank did call me today. I was working. Maybe things will move forward.
@xander6464 (29279)
• Wapello, Iowa
@TheHorse I hope so.
• Walnut Creek, California
@xander6464 I hope so too.
• Rockingham, Australia
I don't think I ever have or else I've forgotten about it. I hope someone at the bank is a bit more helpful this time.
• Walnut Creek, California
I am eating sushi now (I have earned t) and will call soon.
• Rockingham, Australia
@TheHorse Hope you get some satisfaction.
@kaylachan (28102)
I hope you get the issues resolved.
• Walnut Creek, California
Thnis. I'm trying to view the whole thing as a learning experience.
My house was broken into one time while I was at work. I never felt safe after that.
I wish you luck so that you can recover your money quickly. I have been attacked in Miami and they stole my purse. I had travelers checks inside, that I blocked immediately.
@porwest (47907)
Not a major one like this one. I do hope you ultimately get your money back and that whoever is responsible pays the price.
@DocAndersen (53191)
sadly yes i have been a victim. I am so sorry this is going on. I would wish a happy holiday in spite of this!
@LindaOHio (79434)
I hope you make substantial progress with this case. We had identity fraud connected with our credit report. It took quite a bit to get it corrected.
Four times:: someone stole a compact stereo that I had saved up for for about 3 months to be able to get it. A car seat and a bag with textbooks was stolen from my car. Someone turned a bit to quick to park in front of my car and clipped the corner of the bumper and broke the headlight. Just this past summer, someone took a huge rock and busted the windshield of my car with it. There are sure a lot of jerks out there.