Honesty is good. Do you agree?

Walnut Creek, California
I received this email today. It is Thanksgiving in the United States. On this day, we give thanks for...what we are thankful for. I am thankful for honesty and integrity. Most of my friends and colleagues are honest. And they have integrity. I received this email today. How do you think it rates on the honesty and integrity scale? --- Fellow Conservative, we are reaching out because your NRCC supporter status is about to lapse. Your support is critical in helping to support races in battleground states and districts all across the country, and we know these midterms will be the most important yet. That’s why we are asking you to be one of the first patriots to pre-order your 2022 Sustaining Membership Card TODAY! RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP STATUS Countdown Your support today shows us exactly which supporters stand by our side in our efforts to retake the majority in the House, and allow Conservatives to push back against the Radical Left’s agenda. Your purchase of your membership card will be used to defeat the Radical Left and bring back Pro-America policies. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP STATUS Pre-order your card TODAY to show that you stand with House Conservatives in 2022 and beyond! Thank you, GOP Record Office RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
@DaddyEvil (63935)
Would someone being honest about anything be begging for money like that? It sounds just like the trash you get from Trump and his supporters, in my opinion.
• Walnut Creek, California
I am sympathetic to the people I see on the off-ramps, begging for money. But I can't be sympathetic to Trump. He had every opportunity to better himself.
@DaddyEvil (63935)
@TheHorse We stopped on our way to Walmart and gave a dollar to a guy beside the highway holding a sign that said "Hard Times".
• Walnut Creek, California
@DaddyEvil Hard times. Pretty straightforward.
@RubyHawk (45721)
• Atlanta, Georgia
No way would I order a membership. Tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine
• Walnut Creek, California
I would do the same.
@RubyHawk (45721)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TheHorse I get those emails and you can’t stop them. I didn’t subscribe to begin with and unsubscribing doesn’t stop the emails.
You don't want to know what I think, trust me.
• Walnut Creek, California
Oh, do tell. I just had a telephone chat with a friend who has consumed the Koolaid.
I think all of politics is a joke but sadly the joke is on the citizens.
• Walnut Creek, California
@rebelann That is true.
@Fleura (17897)
Is this a scam or is it actually for real?
• Walnut Creek, California
I believe it to be for real.
@Fleura (17897)
@TheHorse So you are enrolled as an NRCC member?
@vandana7 (87959)
@Fleura Ever wondered why he gets such offers? He is a blonde..
@wolfgirl569 (52354)
• Marion, Ohio
Just more trash
• Walnut Creek, California
Yep. I'll have to ask my friend if he put me on there as a joke. But it's equally possible that the Trumpites bought my email address from some email thief. I gather the buying and selling of email addresses is a "thing."
@wolfgirl569 (52354)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse Just like regular addresses used to be
@Deepizzaguy (58382)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
No thank you since there is not that much of a difference between Republicans and Democrats.
• Walnut Creek, California
These days all seem to want power. Notes. Forget about solving problems. Could someone who is truly honest even win public office?
@Deepizzaguy (58382)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TheHorse An honest person could never win an election since telling the truth will cause a lot of bitter feelings.
• Walnut Creek, California
@Deepizzaguy That's my worry as well.
That is the kind of honesty I could do without and as I read I got a slight pain in the head, But all else aside I think honesty is the best by far and lying only gets everyone into more trouble,
• Walnut Creek, California
Yep. Lying always leads to issues. Plus I don't know how chronic liars sleep well at night.
@TheHorse and the following day a liar might just forget what he or she lied about and tell a different story and then things start to really get tangled up
@xander6464 (29278)
• Wapello, Iowa
I browsed through the comments and almost everyone agrees that there is no honesty or integrity in it. Because there isn't. But people seem to be focusing on the appeal for money. That's not where the dishonesty is occurring. Many honest causes ask for money. Even evil causes can be honest about their aims. But this one isn't. The dishonesty comes in their claim as to what they will do with the money. They are not Pro-America. They are Pro-Corporate-America.
• Walnut Creek, California
I assume a lot of the money would go to the Trump defense fund. Why is it taking so long for them to indict him?
@xander6464 (29278)
• Wapello, Iowa
@TheHorse Maybe...I'm not sure how much support Trump is going to get from the RNC. Especially financial support. I mean real support. They will keep giving him lip service but real support? I'm not so sure. These things take an agonizing amount of time. They want to make sure every base is at least triple covered. But if you pay attention, there is still a steady trickle of good news in that area. It's just not huge headline stuff. Not yet but that part is coming.
• Walnut Creek, California
@xander6464 Did he really PAY people to come and riot? That's what I am reading now.
• Eugene, Oregon
I can smell it from here.
• Walnut Creek, California
Smell my membership Or honesty?
• Eugene, Oregon
@TheHorse That email.
• Walnut Creek, California
@JamesHxstatic Yes. I've come to accept Trump for who he is.
I wonder why you continue to receive those messages.
• Walnut Creek, California
I think it's just a bot that wound up with my email address somehow.
@TheHorse I wonder how you ended up in their mailing list.
@kaylachan (28102)
I agree honesty is important. How do you end up on spammer's mailing lists?
@kaylachan (28102)
@TheHorse Makes sense.
@LindaOHio (79434)
I'm so glad that I don't receive this spam. Honesty and integrity are everything!
• Walnut Creek, California
I agree.
@rakski (103717)
I cannot find honesty and integrity
• Walnut Creek, California
Most of the people I choose to hang out with display it for the most part.
@TheSojourner (34867)
Unless you are already a card-carrying part of the Conservative group mentioned here, I would say that the honesty piece has already been dishonored. As far as integrity, I think that all political parties are sorely lacking, but especially the GOP of today. I'm surprised that I ever was a card-carrying member for years of my life.