Meatloaf Monday’s

My husbands favorite food is meatloaf. He always tells me I should make it once a week. He was saying last night how much Monday’s suck for him. He hates waking up Monday morning knowing he has to get up so early and go to work the next 5 days before he gets a break again. So these two things got me thinking how I can make his Monday’s better. I decided we will have meatloaf on Monday’s and dub it meatloaf Monday’s. P.s. I’m a vegetarian:) Is there anything you make weekly? Photo is of the neat glass percolator I found in my cellar. It was here when I moved in and was my grandparents.
@JimBo452020 (80130)
• Montrose, Scotland
Love And it used to be daily
@Jimbo452020 sadly it used to be nightly for me as well but we don’t have a lot of privacy so we don’t get as much alone time now as years ago. Also with a small baby Im exhausted. My husband goes to bed before me then I wake him about midnight for it.
@JimBo452020 (80130)
• Montrose, Scotland
@shaggin aye I can relate to that.
• Midland, Michigan
Lol
@DaddyEvil (68179)
No, nothing we make every week... Yesterday I made ground beef, onions and cabbage fried together with spices for our supper. Tonight I made chicken, cheese and broccoli soup. Pretty still hasn't made the pasta bake she promised me several days ago... I hope Meatloaf Mondays works well for your hubby.
@Daddyevil I hate making the same foods all the time. Luckily I have about 4 different meat loaf recipes I can switch between. When he lived alone with his son he had a few staple means he made all the time. When he cooks here it’s pretty much always the same things. While tasty I’d prefer different things. I love cheese and broccoli soup. My stepson and husband hate broccoli so I don’t make it very often. It’s my favorite vegetable. I hope pretty makes it soon. I love pasta
@DaddyEvil (68179)
@shaggin While Pretty was still little, I started making a recipe book of different foods we both loved. (I'd check out cookbooks from the local library and try making different recipes from them.) If we liked it, I'd put the recipe into our notebook. There are recipes of all types in there. After she came home from college she started doing some of the cooking and would look up new recipes online to try. Some of them we liked really well, like shawarma. She likes hers in a wrap but I don't like wraps so just eat the chicken and veggies without wrapping them up first. Pretty won't eat broccoli, either. When I make something with broccoli, she makes something for herself. (Most of the time the foods she cooks I won't eat, so I dig some of the leftovers out of the freezer and heat those up for my supper.) That's the reason I always cook more than we'll eat in one sitting. I package the rest up in single serving Ziploc baggies and freeze it. She doesn't like leftovers. I get tired of cooking for every meal so have lots of different baggies of leftovers in the freezer. If she doesn't make pasta bake today, I'm going to use the thawed hamburger to see if it can be fried with cabbage and still tastes good. (I don't want it to go to waste.)
@DaddyEvil I love wraps. I have a big plastic recipe card holder that I keep all the recipes I’ve tried and really like. I’m thinking for when my daughter graduates I should get a binder that can hold recipe cards and write down her favorite recipes as well as some other really good ones she may want to cook some day. I love leftovers. Saves me from having to cook every day.
I wish I could eat meatloaf! Lol.
@Courtlynn do you like it?
@shaggin the way we make it (egg, hamburg, salt, pepper, garlic salt & bread crumbs) yeah
@Courtlynn pretty much what the recipe I use most consists of but there’s onion and brown sugar and ketchup on the top if I remember right
• Rockingham, Australia
We have quite a meals we repeat but I can't think of anything we have once a week.
@JudyEv sounds smart to me. I don’t like eating the same thing every week so I guess it’s good I’m a vegetarian and won’t be eating this. The two boys and my husband love meatloaf though.
• Rockingham, Australia
@shaggin It's good to know that, if you make it, they'll enjoy it. Saves a hassle.
@JudyEv true. My daughter pretty much won’t eat anything I make. She’s gotten way more picky the older she’s gotten.
@TheSojourner (37877)
I am not a vegetarian, but I have not eaten meatloaf in years. I have not made it an even more years! I love the percolator! I just bought myself an electric percolator that is the same model that I grew up with. I have really been enjoying drinking perked coffee instead of the keurig.
@TheSojourner my father and grandfather always used an electric percolator. My father still does but my grandfather passed away many years ago. I’d love to see a photo of yours to see if it’s similar to what they used. I’ve never tried coffee from a percolator but I’ve heard it’s the best way to drink it.
@TheSojourner my fathers has a black bottom. These things seem to last forever unlike things that are made now. I didn’t know people sold things like that on Etsy I thought it was all homemade stuff.
@shaggin that is true, but there is now vintage and supplies that are allowable.
@LeaPea2417 (32721)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I used to make meatloaf in a crockpot. I usually make spaghetti weekly.
@LeaPea2417 I’ve never heard of it being made in a crockpot. I’ve been making more crockpot meals as they are easily with the baby. Tonight I’m making meatloaf, sweet potato tacos and air fryer tater tots that you French in Buffalo wing sauce before cooking.
@LeaPea2417 (32721)
• Toccoa, Georgia
14h
@shaggin sweet potato tacos sound good.
14h
@LeaPea2417 meatloaf Monday was a hit with the guys in the house ! The sweet potato tacos are vegetarian. I am eating the leftovers of them tonight. My husband wants vegetables and didn’t want what I was going to make tonight so he is cooking. There’s not enough burners on the stove to cook what I wanted so I can’t make what I was planning too. No biggie though since I can spend more time with the baby while he cooks. Usually it’s the other way around while preparing meals.
That is a really kool looking percolator. I haven't had a good meatloaf since mom stopped cooking, she passed in 2015 and hadn't cooked for at least 10 years prior to that.
@rebelann my husband looked it up and it’s worth about $250. Do you have your mom’s recipe so you can make it?
Wow, that's a pretty good price, are you thinking of selling it? No, mom never really did anything with recipes, she would simply throw stuff together and it would turn out good.
@rebelann I’m not sure if that’s why my husband looked it up or not but I told him it would go to my parents if we don’t want it and they would keep it or sell it.
18h
Good idea! My husband loves meatloaf too, me, not so much.
14h
@marlina it’s my stepson and husbands favorite food. My son likes I too. Yesterday was our first official meatloaf Monday.
2h
@shaggin So this is official now!
No, I like to make different food often, there is nothing I make weekly and on a specific day.
@LadyDuck I am the same way. He told me about a year ago that he would be really happy if I made meatloaf once a week but until now I wouldn’t. I don’t like making or eating the same things weekly. He likes to make certain things over and over each week. Blah!
@shaggin I would hate to have the same thing every week or over and over, but if he likes, make him happy.
@GooglePlus (3391)
Most of time, our menu is fixed, Well when my parents chose to be vegetarian, they never thought it will be hard to cook for 7 days without Fish and Eggs. So things repeat at my house every 2-3 days. (Please note - They chose to be Vegetarians before my birth , hence I turned out to be Vegetarian too )
• Midland, Michigan
Of so you realized the image wasn't the meatloaf, huh? When the kids were home we had tacos or burritos weekly along with spaghetti but now that they have their own families and I work more it's rare we have the same thing weekly. But I only cook two meals. My husband eats certain things more often.
@Marshamusselman yep I used a random photo since I didn’t have any from when I made meatloaf last. I’ve heard a lot of people who do taco Tuesday. We have tacos maybe once a month.
@rakski (104000)
I think that is nice. It can make his Mondays great when eating the meatloaf
@rakski hopefully it will give him something to look forward to on Monday’s now.