LOCKDOWN!

Some months before the year 2020, many of us would not have envisioned living the way we do today e.g. 1 mask wearing-(remember Michael Jackson)? 2.social distancing (we are social beings, so this one is difficult) 3.continuous washing of hands(very new to some) 4.sanitizing everything (l. l do my groceries before packing them away). However,the hardest for some to bear would be. curfews and lockdown_some describe it as 'suffocating'! Not being able to step out and go where one wants, whenever one wants. Stifling yes,but it got me thinking_what about. millions of people worldwide who are on permanent lockdown because of a physical disability Some of these people cannot in their lifetime ever step out again. Surely we can. bear lockdown for a week,a month etc. Let us count our blessings and hope for a better 2022.
There are many things we take for granted every day. The sanitizing is the worst for me. I find it very boring. My friend Dixie is more clever and told me to put everything on a place where you don´t go for 2 or 3 days. The viruses don´t last forever.
Yes of course.very good advice. Some last for hours, some for days, depends on the surface it lands on.
@Kandae11 I only buy groceries. I have buy only a couple of items since the pandemia started.
@marguicha It is best just to get the necessities and work with what we have until this thing blows over.
@DaddyEvil (67684)
Lockdown never happened in our part of the US, but Pretty and I have had two scares so have been under lockdown twice. Luckily, we had gotten our monthly groceries before we were put under self-lockdown. We survived just fine. Since I left my job last January, we only leave our house to go to buy groceries once or twice a month and doctor appointments, when they come up. It's not a problem for us. We do wear masks if we step outside, though. And nobody is allowed into our house.
Some people simply cannot deal with lockdown or even mask wearing. Curfews are ignored and illegal parties flourish. I hope this doesn't continue for another year.
@DaddyEvil (67684)
@Kandae11 It will continue as long as people refuse to get vaccinated... And now that there is a variant that the vaccines don't work on, scientists will have to make a new vaccine... and we will continue to have people claim that vaccines don't work. Covid isn't going away.
@DaddyEvil (67684)
@Kandae11 The covid pill is available... well, in the US it's available. I've not seen any because I got all three of the vaccination shots, as did Pretty. (We just got "boosted" right before Christmas.)
@ptrikha_2 (36000)
Yes we should always be thankful for our blessings! But yes at times things can be frustrating. I feel as if you are active after a gap here?
Yes.a very wide gap. After taking some time off, l had to deal with health issues. Not fully back , l am using my phone for now until l get my new laptop - in a few weeks. I do not work well with a phone.
@ptrikha_2 (36000)
@Kandae11 Yes one tends to make more mistakes with phone. Plus a smaller screen is not always a pleasure to work with. Just hoping that you do not have any more health issues.
This morning I thought to myself that it has been 2 1/2 years since I went grocery shopping without wearing gloves. I always wear them when its flu season, as I don't trust the handle on the carts being sanitary. What I miss the most thru it all is visiting loved ones that live in other areas, we don't travel out of our area during these times.
Not being able to visit and greet old friends is distressing for many.
@Kandae11 We went 2 years without seeing some family members, a sister-in-law, who was battling cancer passed away, and a brother-in-law had a stroke 2 weeks ago. He is still hospitalized and nobody can visit him as he was in the ICU and had contact with someone who had covid.
23h
@Juliaacv. That is heartbreaking! Everywhere people are hurting mentally and physically.My particular concern is for the very elderly who have this unseen enemy brought to them.
Good point. I don't have a problem with not being allowed to roam as I wish because I actually haven't wanted to roam very far for a very long time before 2020. But I know people who are totally miserable right now. I think I will mention what you just wrote about to them to see what they'll say.
I too have not been going out much even before Covid, but it is very hard for those who love to mingle.
Yes, I would have been the same way if I were younger.
@RebeccasFarm (56194)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am glad you thought of those people..their lives are very significant.
Very often l put myself in another person's shoes.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
19h
@Kandae11 It is good virtue to do so
I know...it is like the living Hell that never ends...but it could be much worse really.
Yes, it could be much worse. we must keep hope alive for a better 2022.
@Kandae11 We do!
I can only say that my husband and I are lucky enough to enjoy staying at home. We never had a very strict lockdown, we can go out and walk, the stores stayed closed for several weeks and that was annoying. Let's hope that 2022 will be the beginning of a new free era.
I can just imagine how tough it is for those who love to go out and mingle. And for those who barely tolerate their significant other being stuck in close quarters for hours on end, could be detrimental.
@Kandae11 In fact the number of divorces sharply increased during the lockdown. We are married from 50 years and we always worked together, we have the habit.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It is frustrating but but we must do everything possible to get rid of covid and it’s spreading everywhere now.
What if a more deadly variant shows up?.The past two years have proved emphatically that we are not in charge.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Kandae11 All we can do is take it as it comes and hope for a stronger more effective vaccine.
• Rockingham, Australia
And, to Australia's shame, we have able-bodied refugees who have been shut away for years. What an awful life it must be for them.
Refugees?
• Rockingham, Australia
@Kandae11 We have had a lot of refugees try to get into the country. They come illegally and get caught here and are then 'detained' which more or less means imprisoned, sometimes for years. It's a disgraceful situation.
9h
Well hello there stranger. It’s so nice to see you. Yes, the world has changed a lot. I too hope that 2022 is a better year.
8h
Nice to see you too.And these are trying times indeed. Your family are all doing fine?
@Jenaisle (5285)
Yes, we should count our blessings, and appreciate what we have. It is indeed restricting and uncomfortable staying restricted from going to different places. We must find a way to make ourselves busy despite all these lockdowns., It is difficult but necessary and possible.
Yes, it is possible if we try a little harder and be patient.
I hope 2022 will be a lot better.
I hope so too.
@sabtraversa (12488)
Having my freedom of movement partially taken away motivated me to go out more. I was like in lockdown before the real lockdown itself. But I know how bad it's been for other people. The worst is losing one's job or not being able to work for various reasons. However, I loved how people were supporting each other, all so kind and loving, until the division between provax and novax happened. Humans are gonna human.
Covid has brought out the good and bad in people.l feel particularly concerned about the children who had to stay at home and suffer abuse in silence.At school, the teacher or guidance counselor could notice if something is wrong with the child and investigate.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thats True. We can do what we must while covid is with us.