Coffee Break

Happy Tuesday everyone! the sun is shining but rain is coming. Do we need rain? probably but I'm so tired of this weather. I've had a busy morning so far and need a caffeine fix so I'm sitting here with my coffee and chatting while I get my much needed boost. I wish I could get this old body to move around faster and I don't mind being older except when it takes me twice as long to do things that I used to be able to zip through. The gift I sent my uncle for his birthday still hasn't arrived. I've been able to track it through Fed Ex and although it's reached a distribution facility in his state it hasn't moved at all. I really hope it gets to him soon especially since his birthday was a few days ago. The house behind me is for sale and I can't believe how much the prices have jumped up here. It's interesting to be able to look online and see not only the asking price but also pictures of the inside. I'm always curious to see how they decorate and what colors they paint mostly because I'm always looking for good ideas. We picked up a roasted chicken at Sams Club so that's what we're having tonight for dinner. These chickens are still a bargain with all the rising prices on everything and we get a lot of mileage out of one chicken (plus the dogs get some too). Even though my day is busy it's just routine and nothing exciting. Hows your day going?
@RebeccasFarm (65437)
That is terrible it hasnt arrived..I hope it does soon Have yourself a lovely day Marilyn. Here I am down to the ground unfortunately
down to the ground??
@marlina Depressed you know not well but no worry Marlina just an expression
Sorry you aren't feeling up to par
@LindaOHio (95600)
I've been spending this afternoon trying to catch up here on MyLot. Aging is very frustrating when you can't do what you used to be able to do. Take care.
I know alll about it.
@LindaOHio (95600)
@marlina Yes, it's frustrating and sad.
@LindaOHio , Yes, and we thought it would never happen to us.
We had rain the past two nights and we will possibly have rain again this night. It's getting better, I feared to have water restrictions. I also do not care getting older, but I would be happy not having aches and pains and being as fast as I used to be.
The number doesn't bother me when it comes to age but I do miss being able to move around easier and of course I can do without the aches and pains from my arthritis. We're supposed to get rain tonight with possible thunderstorms. Water restrictions would be a headache so I guess rain is a blessing
I would love to be able to do all I could do before: nothing would make me happier.
@Marilynda1225 Wednesday morning and still raining. This is the rain that it was supposed to come in March and April, better late than never.
@TheSojourner (47596)
Enjoy your day! One of those roasted chickens sound really good. I'm guessing they are the same at Sam's club as they are at costco?
Yes the chickens are the same. We don't have Costco here but Sam's Club is basically the same
@Marilynda1225 I understand now.
I have been expecting a box from Canada and it is taking rather long to get to me - very unusual. Everytime l call with my tracking number l am told it is intransit
I have some problems also for a box coming from the U.S. to Canada.
@FourWalls (43891)
Things are going well here. My allergies are flaring up (that’s what I get for walking outside with the pollen instead of in the gym), but otherwise things are pretty good. Don’t you hate it when the scan doesn’t move for a week? And nobody will answer your question as to why it’s just sitting there. I had a package shipped via FedEx, and it sat in the facility for four days before they delivered it. The only reason I could think of is that they promised delivery on the 14th of the month and DANG if they were going to deliver it four seconds early, let alone four DAYS! (I don’t like FedEx, and sometimes I truly wonder how they stay in business, or am I the one who gets every single one of the negative experiences they are required to hand out?) I hope it shows up sooon.
I don't really deal much with Fed Ex but this is frustrating. Back in the middle of Covid and everything was backed up it made more sense but now it just seems ridiculous that nothing moves quickly anymore. The company shipped this out almost immediately and now it's stuck somewhere until someone decides to put it on the truck and deliver it, Guess you aren't the only one that has negative experiences with Fed Ex Sorry your allergies are bothering but glad everything else is going well
@JimBo452020 (43562)
Happy Tuesday It is Wednesday here We need rain too I like my coffee fixes And I too wish that I could get my body to move a bit faster and better Hope your uncle gets his gift soon
@MarieCoyle (5534)
I love those rotisserie chickens. I get a lot of mileage out of one. Eat some the first time, divide it up for meals or whatever, boil the carcass for broth. It's worth the price for sure. We have had a lot of rain, too. Everything is soggy.
@wolfgirl569 (55950)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope the coffee helped. My day was good
@DaddyEvil (81405)
It's still raining here and we have flood warnings again. (Taking Pretty to her doctor appointment yesterday was fun. We kept trying to drive down streets that were flooded. We did make it to the appointment on time, but I took a different route home.) Nothing going on here otherwise. I hope you enjoyed your day.
My day is going well, thanks. I envy your chicken.