My husband is infected

@nela13 (50580)
Portugal
Yes, it is covid again... my husband was the only one that hadn't been infected, he knew he was infected last Friday. He had some light symptoms but now he says he only feels some tiredness. I have been quite tired too, lately I have many things on my shoulders and now that my husband must be isolated it has been worst. I need some holidays soon According to the doctor our immunity is stronger now as we all are vaccinated and got covid. Did you get covid?
Sorry to hear that, no Covid to my knowledge...but it is possible.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Yes, many people that are asymptomatic and didn't know they were infected but hopefully you haven't had covid.
@nela13 Having had it aware or not still gives you some immunity.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@snowy22315 yes, that is true.
@CarolDM (186858)
Hopefully he will feel better soon. No COVID here.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
He is already feeling better, thank you. I am glad you didn't have covid.
@CarolDM (186858)
@nela13 Good to hear.
@sabtraversa (13443)
Glad your husband only has light symptoms, but all this isolation thing sucks. Did I get Covid? There's no "no" to this question, you either did or you don't know, as it can be asymptomatic or mistaken for another infection, such as the common cold. So I don't know.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
That is right, many people had covid and didn't know.
OH NO! I am so sorry, also my niece and her companion (both vaccinated and boosted) were infected by her young daughter. They still feel very tired. I did not get Covid.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Since the mask is no longer a mandatory here the number of new cases is increasing. My husband has the 3 shoots, he had mild symptoms and is well now. Today he returned to work. My mom also still feels some tiredness. I am glad you didn't have covid, take care of you
@nela13 - Same here, masks are no longer mandatory and the new cases increasing. I am sorry that your mom still feels some tiredness. Also my niece is complaining because she feels tired all the time.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@LadyDuck we are doing our best to avoid a reinfection,I know some people who got covid more than once. My doctor told me to be careful because we can catch a different variation from the one that infected us first.
@RubyHawk (62898)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m so sorry your husband has covid. I hope he recovers quickly. I haven’t had covid but I had all the injections.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Thank you, he is well now and just returned to work. He has all the injections too, I think that is why he only had mild symptoms. I am glad you didn't have covid, take care of you
@RubyHawk (62898)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@nela13 Some of my family had covid but all other than my nephew recovered well. He was terribly sick and on a ventilator. He will never be completely well. Glad your hubbys Okay.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@RubyHawk I am sorry about your nephew, some people need more time to recover, I hope that will be his case nd that one day he will be fine.
@Ladanger (14627)
I still haven’t but I notice that many are starting to get it now. Stay safe
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
That is true, many people are being infected now. Thank you.
@Ladanger (14627)
@nela13 I think all of us will get it as some point. I hope he recovers soon
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@Ladanger I read that everyone will get it, some people more than once.
• Israel
@nela13 I was hoping he would not get it, but, he did. He hung in there for a long time before he got it too. I can see why you are tired. I bet it takes a lot out of you. I heard that people that had vaccines have milder cases. As far as I know so far so good and have not gotten it. It is very hard out there and so many do not care or respect a person that wants to be as far away from people as they can. It is hard because people do not walk far away. Some respect you but others get snotty if you say something and do not care and do not think that someone does not want to get sick so wears a mask and tries to stay as far away from people as they can.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Hope you keep safe, it is no good to have the disease. He had mild symptoms and returned to work today. Masks are no longer a mandatory here but I still use it.
• Israel
@nela13 They are not mandatory here either but I still wear one and hope it helps. I am glad he had only mild symptoms. I do not want it but cannot control how others act. So many do not show respect.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@Hannihar Many people just don't care about the others. Many people here no longer wear masks and the number of infections are increasing again.
No, I've got 4 shots so far. Terrified of getting it. Hope you can have a holiday soon.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
I am glad you didn't have covid, hope you keep safe. I really need a holiday soon.
@nela13 , I think lots of people would love a vacation also.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@marlina It would do wonders for me right now.
@moonandstars (59148)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i hope he recovers from it. i had several immune system problems but no covid, thankfully.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
He is well now returned to work today. Thank you. I am sorry that you have immune system problems, take care of you
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@nela13 o, that is good that he didn't have a strong reaction or symptoms, really good i guess i am in a sensitive age thank you
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@moonandstars I guess it depends of each one immune system.
• Rockingham, Australia
We haven't had it yet but we think we are bound to get it sooner or later.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
I read that everyone will get it, some more than once.
• Rockingham, Australia
@nela13 My friend was vaccinated and had had one booster. She caught it and was quite sick with it.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@JudyEv I think that no matter the vaccines, it will always depend on our immune system.
My family and I were infected last July last year. But I think it is a false positive at that time.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Why do you think it was a false positive?
@nela13 Because we did not experience the signs and symptoms of Covid 19 at that time.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@Shavkat I understand.
I am not vaccinated yet and l haven't got covid. Symptoms would be mild when you are vaccinated.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
My husband had mild symptoms and returned to work today. He had three shots.
@nela13 Glad to hear that.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@Kandae11 thank you
@Sojourn (13216)
No Covid in my family thanks to God. I don't know if I got Omicron though, because I caught some cold during the Omicron wave.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Weren't you tested? It could have been covid.
@Sojourn (13216)
@nela13 It lasted for 2 days and went away.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@Sojourn I understand.
I pray he will recover very quickly. Hopefully you are simply overworked and not infected.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Thank you, your prayers are appreciated. He is well and seems to be completely recovered. These days were quite tiring for me, I guess that is the reason.
When a person worries about family it can really tire that person out.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
@rebelann yes, think that can be my case.
@cacay1 (70810)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I hope your hubby will soon be covid free. This virus doesn't like to leave humans.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Thank you, he is well now. This virus is here to last, unfortunately.
@MarieCoyle (5518)
I'm sorry, I hope he feels better very soon. Covid numbers seem to be climbing back up everywhere here in the US.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
He is well now, thank you. Covid numbers are scary here as well.
@GreatMartin (22595)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
From Day 1 I got the vaccinations and the booster shots---haven't gotten Covid yet but I don't see it ever ending!!
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Yes, it seems we won't get ride of this monster that soon.
@kaylachan (34291)
I am happy to report never to my knowledge. I'm glad he's doing well, isolation sucks I know.
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Glad you didn't have covid. He is well now but like you said the isolation wasn't easy. Thank you.
@RebeccasFarm (65437)
Oh no Manuela You will all be in my prayers
@nela13 (50580)
• Portugal
Thank you, your prayers are appreciated. He is well now and went back to work today.