Nineteen Dollars A Can.

I was at Walmart yesterday, and I saw s young mother purchasing cans of baby formula, so I asked her, if she mind me asking how much each can cost. The reason I asked, was because another woman told me it cost 14.00 dollars a can which was unbelievable, but she was right. It's do sad that formula can cost that much.
Inflation and shortages can't be explained by Covid alone. I looked up baby formulas yesterday because I heard of shortages being posted on Twitter. My wife uses Twitter so I get to hear about many many things posted there. I saw outrageous prices listed and many products were out of stock. Something sinister is taking place. Conditions shouldn't be this bad.
I totally agree.
I wonder what is really going on?
• Midland, Michigan
There are shortages in many food items because some people still don't want to work.
@CarolDM (182020)
Crazy things happening. Baby formula shortages are very hard to believe. I have seen the news but I don't believe most of what I hear. I feel for the Moms having to shop around just to feed their babies.
Yeah, it's mighty sad.
@CarolDM (182020)
@popciclecold One company had recalls, which has not helped the shortage either.
@porwest (50985)
The thing about formula is that it is unnecessary. So, if one wants to cut costs just don't buy it. The human race survived LONG before formula was ever a thing.
It sure don't they gave of Kayro Syrup and Pet milk..They are being warned not to make their own formula At 19.00 dollars a can I'd take my chances.
@porwest (50985)
@popciclecold What did they feed the kids before formula? lol
@porwest Karo Syrup and Pet Milk.
@RubyHawk (58958)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That’s is terrible. I can’t imagine baby formula being so expensive.ababy would use more than a can a day.
I know, the lady I saw in Walmart had at least 5 cans. Guess she say get it while I can.
@RubyHawk (58958)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@popciclecold I would consider using evaporated milk. It’s not nearly as expensive.
@RubyHawk Doctors are warning against it. I know I would too.
Oh my, how can do a family with low income?
It's pretty rough, I thought it was bad being fourteen dollars a can, now it's more than that, happy to be my age. Never thought I'd see this.
@popciclecold - I am glad that we eat less and less at our age, the food is becoming so expensive.
• Midland, Michigan
Some brands can be up to 34.00 but women can get help to buy it when they are lower to middle income.
11h
Glad to hear that.
• Midland, Michigan
10h
@popciclecold the prices might be going up though. My husband and showed me a video last night where there are full warehouses of formula and other baby products but because this admin said that if truck drivers weren't vaccinated they could no longer deliver their products many are now out of work. If the supply is available but not being delivered to the stores then the demand will push prices up when further. (Not sure how legit this info is).
10h
@MarshaMusselman Wow, that is really bad, I don't see how the people get by not working. But it's a lot of people who don't work these days.
Baby formula really is expensive but I heard there's a shortage now so some places are limiting the amount a person is allowed to buy. Who would have thought that baby formula would be something to worry about being able to get.
11h
So true, no one saw this coming.
10h
@popciclecold I feel bad for the parents who are searching high and low for formula. They keep showing pictures on the news of empty shelves. This is way more serious than toilet paper shortage
10h
@Marilynda1225 For Real. All I see to is empty shelves.
@wolfgirl569 (53324)
• Marion, Ohio
I think many places are just preying on people at this point.
I think so too, this is just ridiculous. Poor little babies.
@wolfgirl569 (53324)
• Marion, Ohio
@popciclecold I am looking for people to start dumping animals soon too. My chicken feed went up 50 cents a bag in two weeks time. Then 2 weeks later 50 cents again. Dog food and cat food is jumping up also. Especially the better made ones.
@KristenH (32003)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Wow. Blame in on inflation/supply chain crises for the high price.
Well, something needs to give in a hurry.
@KristenH (32003)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@popciclecold I hear you. They talked about the shortage on the news tonight. Maybe they'll lower the price.
I am hearing there is a shortage of it in Canada.
11h
Its everywhere.
That's terrible. That has to be fixed immediately.
I know, done Mothers, said giving them other formala could hurt the baby's stomach.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
That's cheap. Just think about the moms that have babies that have soy, or gentle ease or whatever.
At that I think so too.
• Rockingham, Australia
Wow, that is very expensive.
Yes it is. Still hard to believe.
@1creekgirl (31268)
It's even worse that there's a shortage of baby formula. What in the world are these parents going to do?
I wonder, it's s shame that babies are suffering.
@LeaPea2417 (33519)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Have you heard of the baby formula shortage here in the States? There were a few on Twitter saying that the reason for the shortage is because Biden is shipping formula to Ukraine to help the war torn babies.
Wow, I hadn't heard that, but it could be right.
@moonandstars (57629)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is sad, incredible.