The check for the music I played at my friend's preschool was sent to my mailbox. Can you guess what happened?

Walnut Creek, California
I recently played music for the kids at my friend's preschool. I did three separate 25 minute performances in three different classrooms. The performances were funded by a grant she had received for "arts for children." I thought the money was going to be deposited into my bank account, but it turned out that a check was sent to my home mail box. To cut to the chase, I was able to make it to my mailbox before the check was stolen. I grabbed it, signed it, and deposited it in my bank account before anyone could mug me or steal it. Take that, you criminals! The bad guys who stole my other checks and my medications are still at large. This is the US.
@DaddyEvil (87445)
Of course the criminals are still at large... The police have important things to do, like sitting on their cans in the local donut shop! I'm glad you finally earned enough that you could put some in your bank account...
• Walnut Creek, California
I put everything I earn into my bank account.
@DaddyEvil (87445)
@TheHorse Ohhh... I usually leave money paid into my PayPal account IN PayPal... Sooner or later, Pretty will use it for something. (She spent $7 from my PayPal account this morning paying for a medic alert tag because of the meds she takes now.)
• Walnut Creek, California
@DaddyEvil PayPal used to pay a bit of interest. I don't believe they do any more.
• Midland, Michigan
Did your really have other checks stolen in the past? If you do that type of thing again you might want to ask whether you can pick the check up instead of it's mailed out from that school.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yes, I have had checks and medications stolen from my mailbox.
• Midland, Michigan
@TheHorse weird
• Walnut Creek, California
@MarshaMusselman Sad. I live in a lawless Country. Shoplifting was also decriminalized in San Francisco. Several stores had to shut down. Wait! Michigan. That's a part of the US too, isn't it?
@BarBaraPrz (37592)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Whew! I thought you were going to tell us that it was stolen. Now, with the extra money, you can continue to keep Kitty in the style she has accustomed you to.
• Walnut Creek, California
I tell her, when I'm off to work, that it's to get us "wet food." Once a girl is used to a certain standard of living...
@BarBaraPrz (37592)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@TheHorse Good boy... er, horse.
• Walnut Creek, California
@BarBaraPrz Happy cat, happy life.
@wolfgirl569 (58290)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got it ok
@wolfgirl569 (58290)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheHorse It would not surprise me if he was
What did you do to stop this happening? Did you asked to have a P.O.Box and have everything delivered there? Do something if you do not want future problems.
• Walnut Creek, California
I contacted the post office, the Sheriff, my bank, my apartment manager, and a local detective. Then I got tired. I am not a young man.
@TheHorse Okay, instead or contacting all those people would not be more simple to have a Postal Box? Ours are inside the Post Office, no one can tamper them.
@MarieCoyle (6833)
Would it work for you to get a PO box, or have some type of door slot for the mailman to put letters, bills, checks and such? I hate thieves. I live in a small town home, we all have locked mail boxes, which is so good. If I am gone and can't check my mail, I know it's safely locked up and I have the key!
• Walnut Creek, California
My mail box is locked. Only I (and certain criminals) can get into it, it appears.
@TheHorse That's wild, someone is truly being terrible. I think I would probably have to get mean. Put a snake in the box or something....LOL...a rubber one. Or a camera inside of it. I hate thieves.
Glad that you could get your check in time.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yeah. I was lucky.
@LindaOHio (99476)
I'm glad you were able to grab the check.
• Walnut Creek, California
Heh. Me too.
@gtdoss (402)
I'm glad you got your check before it could be stolen! I just don't understand why mail stealing and porch pirating are so prevalent these days. Do these people not think about the problem it causes for the people they are stealing from? I guess a lot of people are only out for themselves.
• Walnut Creek, California
They have no morals. Morals are learned.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm so glad you got that money before anyone else did. It's awful that things are like that there.