I talked for hours with Claudia. Senior houses.

Chile
It was all about what would I do "when I grow up". It all started with the news that Carolina wanted to go to live with Enzo (her BF) and that they were looking for a place to live. I asked Claudia why weren´t they live in the apartment that Claudia was buying for Carolina in which she had lived for 2 or 3 years before she went to Spain. But they wanted something else and Claudia had just rented it. I asked her about the rent and told her that not now but in the near future, I would like to sell my house and rent an apartment such as that one. She asked me with caution if I wouldn´t prefer a senior home and I said no. I have thought about that and have my buts. I like to live alone or, at the most, with a maid to help me. The conversation went on and on and we thought that I could start clearing up my house as she rented it for a year. I like the idea. Carolina´s apartment is near Claudia´s house and much nearer Dixie´s house. I know that there´s a moment in our lives when we have to think ahead. I´m glad I remodeled my bathroom 2 years ago and changed the tub for a big shower. I did it just it time I will offer some of my furniture to Carolina and then to Daniel and to Camila. The rest, if I cannot sell it, will be given away. I prefer to sell my house than to rent it. I don´t want to be worried about people destroying it. And with that money, as Humberto told me, I can live until I am 150 years old.
@SonjaRae (11472)
It can definitely be challenging to start thinking about our futures and what lies ahead. At least you have some sort of a plan as to what direction you want to go. That was really funny but he said about the money being able to live until you are 150 years old! Good grief. If you make it to 150, I doubt I will be around to wish you a happy birthday lol
I am possitive that I don´t want to live so much. If I find that things are too bad, I´ll take an elevator in a high building and jump But I certainly want to live well in the next few years. Now I only use half of my house. That is absurd. I can live fine in a house half my house´s size.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@marguicha I understand Marga! It makes sense to me.
@SonjaRae I prefer to spend my money on a trip while I can or in doctors if I must but not having to worry about money.
That is so nice you come to the right conclusion.
I have been talking with myself about this for some time. But I´m glad that we had this talk with Claudia.
@sharon6345 She was worried about me but did not dare touch the subject. I don´t want to go and live with my children although I love them. And I´m sure that they would rather have me near them but not IN their houses.
@marguicha I am too it its a wonderful conversation.
It sounds like you have made a great decision and will now live on the proceeds from the sale. I don't blame you for not wanting to rent your place. I wouldn't want the worry either.
@marguicha .........That's nice. I bet they will appreciate having them.
@celticeagle I imagine that I will need some of my things. But although I have been giving away many things lately, I have too much still.
I will first give away my things. My grandchildren and Dixie´s children will want some of my things (rugs and paintings that are too big, for instance).
@RebeccasFarm (67842)
Yes much better to sell..tenants can be monsters.
I wholly agree. I have seen people destroy the house they rent.
@RebeccasFarm I know when it is the moment to move. It is absurd to live in only the first floor of a house that has 2 floors. I have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms that haven´t been used for years. Yet they have to be cleaned.
@marguicha Oh yes, here I see them everyday..they live next door to me..monsters and trashing the place.
You are right not to want to go to a senior house. Mom always said that util she lived she wanted to stay in her apartment, and this is what she did. What about Luna if you move to an apartment?
@LadyDuck Luna is not used to be indoors.
@marguicha It would be a problem for her to be inside.
@marguicha Big dogs in apartments can be a problem.
@wolfgirl569 (58561)
• Marion, Ohio
Its good to think ahead.
I will spend one year giving away some things. I already know that one of the beds upstairs will be for Vicente.
@wolfgirl569 I have discovered that I am getting less attached to things as time goes by. So if my loved ones want part of my furniture or part of my gadgets, they are welcome to them.
@wolfgirl569 (58561)
• Marion, Ohio
@marguicha We have talked about moving and the house itself could be smaller and we would be fine. So there is stuff here that would have to go. Hopefully a couple of things the kids would take. But much of it we might just leave for the next people to decide what to do
Making these plans in advance is a good thing to do. My daughter says she would like me to live with her if I ever have to move. That sounds good in a way, in other ways not so good. Hopefully it will be a long time. One reason we chose this house is because it is all on one floor. I would like one of the bathrooms changed to have a large walk in shower.
I want to live near Claudia but not with her. Each in her own house. Claudia has an apartment that she is buying near her and also nearer to Dixie´s apartment.
@crossbones27 (44371)
• Redlands, California
I am sure you will. My friend put his mom in senior living and can just tell how sad it made him but also a bit of relief so he does not have to worry so much. I am with you though. I am living my life till they have to carry me and put me in a pine box. Is it a pine box? Screw that, thats expensive these days just burn me to the ground Ashes to ashes and dust is all we are at the end of the day. Always made me wonder all that sand on beaches is just former living things broken down. I think I may be demented, buts it pretty true and cool when you think about. I am walking on dinosaurs and ancient sharks.
I wouldn´t want it of a better wood But while I´m here, I want to live the way I want. I would not want to have to get up for breakfast at a certain time and have to talk to people I´m not interested in. I am used to be alone and "speak" to my friends here. I know already that my daughters want to incinerate me as we did with my husband and with Tomás. Ashes to ashes, as you say. I wonder where I put a shark´s tooth I found near a beach when I was a child! It was pretty cool!
@crossbones27 Right you are
• Redlands, California
@marguicha Amen miss lady, you live until you say you are done. Any other way is a travesty. That shark tooth is cool and why they always been valuable keep sakes because reminds us what life is supposed to be about. .
I would rather sell my house than rent it to. You never know what a renter will do to your house.
I have seen people destroy the houses they rent. I could not bear to have my house be turned into a pigsty
@LeaPea2417 (34506)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Are you going to sell your house?
I think I am. First I will give my children (my grandchildren in fact) all they want. Then, if furniture can´t be sold, I´ll donate it. I will do that little by little, in a year. Then I´ll sell it.
@LeaPea2417 (34506)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@marguicha Good luck with the whole thing.
@LeaPea2417 The first step will take about a year. I don´t want it to cause me stress.
• Rockingham, Australia
At some point, hard as it might be, we have to start making plans for the future. This sounds a good choice for you.
I think that we are always making plans for the future although we don´t always realise it.
@RubyHawk (67517)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It sounds like a good plan to me. I hope it works out well for you
I will do it little by little. I am giving myself a year to get rid of what I don´t need.
@RubyHawk (67517)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@marguicha It’s. best to take it slow if you have time.
@LindaOHio (99897)
Sounds like a plan. It's a good choice not to be a landlord. It costs too much money and headaches to rent out a property. Take it from me!
If I sell it, I´ll give part of the money to my daughters and leave something for me to live well.
@LindaOHio (99897)
@marguicha That sounds good.
@Nakitakona (51098)
I like your guts to live alone. You're optimistic. That's awesome. You're a principled lady.