We have our own little waterfall here

Rockingham, Australia
We have three more sleeps at our house-sit then we leave to attend a horse endurance ride. It is pretty but hilly country as I’m sure you’ve guessed from the photos I’ve put up. When there is enough rain, it tumbles down one hill in a little waterfall to the dam. We had some nice walks up into that area and Vince took the two photos that you can see here. There is only one waterfall. The photo show two different views. We will be back here in about two weeks to spend another ten days here. I wonder if there will more or less or the same number of sheep. The one that was fly-blown looks okay this morning and I gave her some pellets again.
@DaddyEvil (95655)
The waterfall does look pretty from both angles. Who is watching your house while you and Vince are spending your time housesitting?
• Rockingham, Australia
Our new place is very easy to 'lock up and leave'. The village is gated and the house very secure. People would soon know if there were strangers hanging around or whatever.
@DaddyEvil (95655)
@JudyEv Oh, good! I was starting to worry about it.
@RebeccasFarm (74147)
Again you are in a lovely little paradise Judy..it is lovely.
@JudyEv I am laying in bed yes..in the new place ..beat to all get out..and I have to get up now in a minute and walk back over there with the trolly to get more stuff that they boys did not get. The place here seems fine so far Judy. I am knackered though.
• Rockingham, Australia
@RebeccasFarm Take it as easy as you can. Hopefully in a few days you'll be completely shifted and able to relax more.
• Rockingham, Australia
We have certainly enjoyed our time here. Have you moved to your new place now?
@rsa101 (35626)
Very nice indeed. Is it a natural one or man-made one? I see a lot who makes artificial waterfall that looks natural like this one.
@rsa101 (35626)
@JudyEv I just want to know whether there is a river or pond up there. They simply fascinate me, especially since it seems like there is a limitless supply of flowing water there.
• Rockingham, Australia
@rsa101 The one on our farmstay only flowed during the winter when enough water drained down from the hills around that little valley.
• Rockingham, Australia
This is natural but certainly some man-made ones do look very natural.
This is pretty, we have also a little waterfall just in front of the main entry of our home. This year there is very little water running, but during the storms it can look scary.
@JudyEv This year it was only scary one day and a full night, when we had the hail storm at mid August. It is usually a nice little waterfall. I have a photo I took last year.
• Rockingham, Australia
That would be lovely to have virtually your own little waterfall. I do hope it isn't scary too often.
• Rockingham, Australia
@LadyDuck That is really pretty. Thanks for putting to up for us to see.
@dya80dya (27186)
This looks good. It is little and pretty.
• Rockingham, Australia
Water running down a hill like this can be very calming.
@Beestring (5909)
Nice pictures. Good to know that the fly-blown looks okay.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm sure she'll be okay now. Thanks.
@BarBaraPrz (38545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Nice! I want a little waterfall, too.
@BarBaraPrz (38545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JudyEv I've seen a couple I really like but they're in other people's yarrds...
• Rockingham, Australia
Water features are popular in gardens here. We've thought about getting one but haven't seen one we really like yet.
What does fly-blown mean? I love that waterfall! They are my favorite things to see in nature.
@JudyEv oh my gosh that is so awful. Is this something sheep farmers have to clean and tend to often or was the sheep sick causing it to get soiled fur back there?
• Rockingham, Australia
@shaggin Some breeds have more wool around the tail area than others. A change of pasture might make their manure sloppier for a while so that sticks to the wool. With breeds bred for their wool, it's common to 'crutch' the wool from around the tail area to prevent fly-strike. It isn't common for the sheep on this property (Wiltshire and Dorper crossbreds) to be 'struck' as they don't normally grow a lot of wool and they are self-shedding so they don't normally get shorn.
• Rockingham, Australia
Because the ewe's wool was soiled and daggy around her tail, it attracted the blowflies and they laid their eggs in the wet, dirty wool. The eggs hatch into maggots which then start to eat into the flesh of the sheep. If it's not treated, they will die.
@ptrikha_2 (39370)
That makes for a wonderful place to be in ! Loved the look of waterfall. It must be a calming feeling with the waterfall. Looks like you have a well sorted plan ahead!
@ptrikha_2 (39370)
@JudyEv There are some places in North Eastern India with amazing waterfalls. Some places have them in a full series.
• Rockingham, Australia
Running water is very soothing for some reason and waterfalls even more so.
@akp100 (13631)
Those photos looks really awesome. Always good to stay in such place. Here no such views near to us, so get to see it rarely during some travelling.
@akp100 (13631)
@JudyEv Even if it is not that big, it looks really good and can make a day for anyone. Obviously only for nature lovers.
• Rockingham, Australia
Being in such hilly country, there is probably a few waterfalls around the place. It's not big but still nice to see and hear.
@wolfgirl569 (61502)
• Marion, Ohio
That would be pretty to see. Glad the sheep is still doing good.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm pleased about the sheep too. I know one was old but I'd prefer them not to die under my watch.
@wolfgirl569 (61502)
• Marion, Ohio
@JudyEv But you know things happen. I am sure they are glad you knew what needed done for the one with flies.
• Rockingham, Australia
@wolfgirl569 Having one fly-blown made me realise that maybe someone with no experience with livestock would likely miss it. I hadn't given much thought to house-sitting before but if there are animals I guess you do need someone with a little bit of knowledge.
@oahuwriter (26155)
That's good to lovely hoyse-sit area! Enjoy your horse endurance show!
• Rockingham, Australia
We will be back here in a few weeks for another ten days. So that is something to look forward to.
• Rockingham, Australia
@oahuwriter I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the sheep again, that's for sure.
@oahuwriter (26155)
@JudyEv Yes, a nice place to unwind at. Let's hope animals will be all fine too.
@CarolDM (192798)
Gotta love nature and those waterfalls are stunning. Hoping the best for the sheep.
• Rockingham, Australia
The sheep is recovering well now thanks. I'm glad we caught her in time.
@CarolDM (192798)
@JudyEv Oh that is great news. I know that makes you feel so proud.
• Rockingham, Australia
@CarolDM Yes, we're very relieved.
@Treborika (787)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Glad that you will be spending another ten days in such a beautiful and amazing place like that. Hope you will enjoy your time over there.
• Rockingham, Australia
Thanks. We have enjoyed it but all good things come to an end. What is the weather like in Kenya now? Is it your hot season? I don't know much about Kenya.
• Mombasa, Kenya
@JudyEv Well we are on the hot season now. Normally there are short rains in this season but generally it's hotter here
@Jenaisle (6528)
That's a wonderful sight to behold. Nature can always make me feel rejuvenated. It would be great to sit down beside and and enjoy the cool sprinkles of water whenever the water falls down the rocks.
• Rockingham, Australia
The waterfall is indeed rejuvenating. It's lovely just to watch it tumbling down the rocks.
@Ronrybs (16722)
• London, England
I quite like waterfalls, even little, part time, ones, but not sure I'd like to be so close to one!
• Rockingham, Australia
There is one up at Karajini where you can get in behind the waterfall. That would be cool - and in more ways than one.
@aninditasen (9360)
• Raurkela, India
The little water fall looks beautiful. Have a nice day.
• Rockingham, Australia
Thanks. Waterfalls are very calming to watch.
• Raurkela, India
@JudyEv Yes, and they give that cool feeling that soothes you.
Very pretty. That is a nice place to house sit.
• Rockingham, Australia
We have really enjoyed our time here.
@Rashnag (28871)
• Surat, India
Lovely picture. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day. Take care
• Rockingham, Australia
Thanks for stopping by. You have a good day too.
@Rashnag (28871)
• Surat, India
@JudyEv Your welcome dear
@moonandstars (62600)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
waterfalls are stunning and relaxing to stare at. o, sheep, it is never enough
• Rockingham, Australia
The sheep is much improved now and I feel sure she will live.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@JudyEv that is great