MId-Afternoon Chit Chat

Happy Thursday everyone! it's already mid-afternoon and this is my second attempt to chat here today. Did you ever have a day that was filled with interruptions and you wound up getting little to nothing done? That's how my day has been so far. I was on a phone call with a friend when my son beeped in to tell me he was taking my daughter in law back to the hospital. Her arm and hand is so swollen she said it feels like it's going to explode so the doctor wanted an ultrasound to make sure there were no blood clots. Long story short they could only do a partial ultrasound because of the cast on her arm but it looks like there's no blood clots. The hospital was waiting for her doctor to call before they will send her home. So, I've been praying and worrying all afternoon and hope she's okay. Last night we had a grocery order scheduled for a pick-up but there was a glitch in their system and all the orders were lost. The supermarket reversed the charges and we had to reorder our groceries for a pick-up tonight. Can you image the fiasco that must have been when 1400 people were affected. I have to say that customer service was very helpful but I feel bad for them having to deal with so many orders that got lost. Since we have to do a pick-up tonight we decided on pizza which will be easy to get and no worrying about cooking The things I thought I was going to do today just didn't happen but none of it was something that needed to get done. I figure there's no sense stressing about it so I'll just enjoy the rest of the day and try to get it all done tomorrow. I missed having my coffee with my friends here this morning but I'm here now and going to see what I've missed. Fingers crossed no more interruptions and the rest of the day is quiet.
@CarolDM (201911)
Things happen in life unexpectedly as you know. Had a lot going on here as well. Was late logging on but I am ok with that. I really hope your DIL gets better soon and can start healing.
Hope your interruptions weren't too bad Carol. I wasn't even going to log on here but then decided I needed a distraction. Thanks for the good wishes for my DIL. I'm trying not to worry and leave it all in Gods hands but sometimes that's just easier said than done
@CarolDM (201911)
@Marilynda1225 Not bad. I won't complain. Same here, I wasn't going to either but sometimes it helps to be distracted. And you are very welcome. The doctors will figure it out I know. Sometimes it takes longer than we want.
@CarolDM I know you're speaking from experience. She has a good doctor so she should be okay. Just scary
Too many fires for you to put out today. I will continue to pray for your daughter-in-law.
@Marilynda1225 I hope that things settle down and turn around tomorrow.
Thanks Julia. It's been a rough day
@Juliaacv I'll keep you posted.
Gee, that sounds like a bad day all the way around. I sure hope your daughter in law will be OK.
@Marilynda1225 Did they give any reason as to why it might be happening?
I hope she is too. I was shocked to hear she was heading back to the hospital.
@snowy22315 they said she might experience swelling but this seems excessive so the doctor wanted an ultrasound just to check for blood clots.
My last 2 days have been full of mixed up with some appointments. Very frustrated right now.
Sorry you're dealing with frustration too. Hope it all works out
@Treborika thank you
@Treborika (5426)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Sorry for the day's frustrations. I hope things harmonizes soon
I hope your DIL will be all right. I'm sorry she had to go back to the hospital.
I just hope so too. You know how things can go after surgery
@Marilynda1225 Yes, I do.
@Dena91 (17923)
I hope your daughter-in-law will be okay. Glad they didn't find any blood clots. My morning was full of errands, trying to miss the rain. Glad I did. Home now and relaxing.
I'm praying hard that my daughter in law is okay too. I'm praying and worrying which I know is a contradiction. You were smart to get your errands done before the rain. Today was our first day without rain since Monday
@Dena91 I always feel better when the sun is shining. We only had clouds today but no rain. I do miss a nice sunny day. Can't believe you're having rain until Monday (egads) Hope it doesn't cause any flooding
@Dena91 (17923)
@Marilynda1225 We've had rain off/on again all week. And it's been so foggy. I'm ready to see the sun again but it doesn't look like the rain will end for us until Monday.
@popciclecold (31130)
Hope she is ok. And you and your family. Life happens to us all. Prayers for you all.
@Marilynda1225 Yes they are.
Thanks for the prayers. Prayers are powerful
Pizza does sound good, I hope they have your order ready when you get there and that you won't have to wait in a long line.
It should be ready. Friday seems to be the busiest day
@RebeccasFarm (84702)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
My goodness..what happened to your daughter in law Marilyn..that is horrific what is happening.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
..I was going to say they should have something to bring down that swelling@Marilynda1225 Oh thank God
She had to have surgery on her elbow. She torn the ligament and it's all frayed so it required surgery. Seems her arm and hand is excessively swollen and the doctor was worried about blood clot so she had to go to the hospital for an ultrasound. No blood clot was detected but the doctor wants her to make sure it doesn't get more swollen and if she gets a fever to go to the emergency room immediately. So far today she doesn't have any fever and her hand and arm are only the tiniest bit less swollen.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm really sorry to hear about your DIL. I had an internal bleed once after our second son was born and I can remember thinking I was going to explode.
She said her whole arm and hand feels like it's going to explode so the swelling is really bad. She had to go back to the hospital today for an ultrasound to check for blood clots but they didn't find any. Doctor said to make sure it doesn't get worse and if she starts to get a fever go to the Emergency Room immediately. She has to call him tomorrow so I'm hoping she's a tiny bit better
@JudyEv thanks Judy it's much appreciated
• Rockingham, Australia
@Marilynda1225 Sending prayers and positive thoughts her way.
@nela13 (53031)
• Portugal
Interruptions happen to me all the time
It's just life when we deal with daily interruptions
@nela13 (53031)
• Portugal
@Marilynda1225 it is true.
@LindaOHio (115166)
Sorry to hear about your DIL. I hope she's doing better. I hope you were able to pick up your grocery order without incident. I used to have days like that every day when I was working. I would plan on getting caught up...and then I was so busy I only got further behind. So frustrating. Hope you have a good weekend.
@LindaOHio I'm a bit physically challenged too as my knees are shot so I can't stand or walk long distances. I used to be a whirlwind of activity and now I'm basically a couch potato. Yup it's sad that neither if us can do as much as we'd like to
Sometimes I think I got more done when I was working than I do now
@LindaOHio (115166)
@Marilynda1225 Quite possible. I'm a lot older now than when I was working; and now I have physical challenges that don't permit me to do much of anything. I used to spend all day Saturday cooking for the week and to take food over to my in-laws on Sunday. Now we have Meals on Wheels and frozen dinners. Sad.
@oahuwriter (28459)
Well, your daughter in law in good hands, though it's worrisome when family in hospital and suffering. Wow, a very day! But, dinner out and at least you found out, about groceries early. Holy Christ help your daughter in law in every way, thank you, amen. You're welcome in advance for prayers.
Thank you so much for your prayers Krissttina. I believe that prayers are powerful
@oahuwriter (28459)
@Marilynda1225 You're very welcome.
@Treborika (5426)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Your day has been busy scheduled and seems you are working out under pressure. However I hope the patient gets well and all things revert to harmony
Thank you for your kindness
Wishing the best to your DIL
Thanks Marlina
I’m sorry that your daughter in law is in pain.
Thanks Marie. I'm sure she'll be okay The first few days after surgery seem to be the worst and of course they rarely keep anyone in the hospital any more.
@wolfgirl569 (69357)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope you DIL will be fine. Also that the rest of your day was calm
Thanks Eva. It's a wait and see now and hopefully she'll be okay
@sallypup (53148)
• Centralia, Washington
That grocery mess was huge. Enoy some hot cheese for me, please. I hope your daughter in law will heal soon.
I can't even imagine being on the customer service end of all those phone calls. Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter in law
• Walnut Creek, California
Yes, I have days like that. So far I've gotten some stuff done this morning.
@Beestring (9807)
I hope your daughter in law will be okay.
Thank you