One down, three to go!

@1creekgirl (35515)
I had my first chemo treatment yesterday for the two breast cancers. I've had many different surgeries, but never had cancer before, so this is uncharted territory for me. We went to the cancer center early for the orientation, then they were running behind, so we were there six hours. But it should only take about three hours next time. The staff was really nice and I had a comfy recliner and a cozy heated blanket. So glad for the portal and didn't need to have everything done through a vein in my arm. It went really well, especially not knowing what to expect. There was very little pain and no nausea. We ate at a hibachi grill afterwards, although I couldn't eat very much. I still have one more day of the oral steroid chemo pills to take, then the fatigue, nausea, and any other side effects may start. Or maybe not! I'm just taking this a day at a time which all any of us can really do in this life. But each day I have is with the help of my dear Jesus, Dale, our kids, and all of you, my sweet myLot family. May God richly bless every one of you!
@JimBo452020 (44440)
• Montrose, Scotland
Sorry I didn't get here a bit sooner Vicki. I'm so glad to hear that there was no pain or nausea. I hope you don't get any side effects. One day at a time is a good plan That's what Yvonne and I do.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I probably spoke too soon. The next day I had terrible chemo brain fog. Couldn't remember anything and even how to put a sentence together. Very scary, but better today. Some nausea which is common and nothing tastes right, but It will get better. Still pain off and on from the lung surgery. How is Yvonne? Praying she's still improving.
@JimBo452020 (44440)
• Montrose, Scotland
@1creekgirl It's easy to speak to soon Vicki. It must be scary not being able to put a sentence together. Hope food starts tasting better again soon, eating food that tastes a bit off is horrible. Yvonne. Aye, she is doing ok. I keep nagging her to eat more. And that pisses her off but I will nag on and ensure her nutrition is good. She said she might start her steroids again tonight.
@1creekgirl (35515)
@JimBo452020 That's such good news, Jim. Tell Yvonne I'm still praying!
@CarolDM (201537)
• Nashville, Tennessee
One day at a time. Thoughts are always with you.
@1creekgirl (35515)
You know I really appreciate it, Carol.
@1creekgirl (35515)
@CarolDM I do know that and it means a lot to me. I hope you know I feel the same.
@CarolDM (201537)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@1creekgirl I am always here for you any time.
Lets hope the side effects are something you can tolerate pretty well. I know someone...(young person) who went through it fairly recently..She did lose her hair but didn't get extremely sick or anything. I think she is through it all now, and her hair has grown back as well.. It is a bit darker than it was though.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I was glad to get through the treatment yesterday, but feeling a little rough tonight. If I lose my hair I want it silver again. And thicker, lol.
@1creekgirl How many treatments do you have to do?
@1creekgirl (35515)
@snowy22315 After yesterday, I'll get three more, one every three weeks. Then 6 weeks of radiation.
@rakski (108021)
Hope you feel better soon! And time will pass really quick, next time it will be your last chemo
@rakski (108021)
@1creekgirl hope you feel better tomorrow
@1creekgirl (35515)
@rakski Thanks, I really appreciate that.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I'm not feeling too great tonight, but I guess that's to be expected.
• Rockingham, Australia
I have the side effects, if any, will be very minimal. I'm glad the treatment wasn't too horrendous.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I was so surprised and pleased at how well the actual treatment went.
• Rockingham, Australia
@1creekgirl That's good to hear. Cancer treatment does seem to have improved in some ways.
@1creekgirl (35515)
@JudyEv I guess I had hoped for no side effects, but achy tonight and food is off. Maybe they won't get much worse.
@Adie04 (17478)
May God bless the treatment and you will be better soon. Amen!
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thank you so very much for your prayers. God is so merciful.
@Adie04 (17478)
@1creekgirl I agree with you that God has mercy
I am praying you do not get the nausea or any other symptoms. I am sure eating can be tough but try to force yourself you need to stay as healthy as possible.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I'll try my best.
Cheering for you @1creekgirl !!!
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thanks, Allen.
@Jenaisle (8160)
I pray you will feel better soon without the side effects. It's good you experience no pain and no side effects yet. I hope it stays that way. I'm sure with your faith, you could be miraculously cured. May God also richly bless you and may His divine healing hand be upon you. God bless.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thanks, God has already intervened several times throughout this. I am having side effects, though. Right much pain and some nausea.
@sjvg1976 (40328)
I pray for you that you may get the right treatment and have no side effects from chemotherapy.
@sjvg1976 (40328)
@1creekgirl (35515)
I sure appreciate that!
@RebeccasFarm (91983)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
You are amazing Vicki! God protect and heal you.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@1creekgirl I am touch and go Vicki thanks for asking
@1creekgirl (35515)
I appreciate that, but God is the One giving me strength and healing. How are you feeling today?
I'm praying that you will not experience any of those nasty side effects. Tomorrow I see the surgeon for my gall bladder-finally.
@1creekgirl Thank you, I am just going for my consultation appointment with the surgeon today. But I will keep everyone posted, thank you for your support.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I am so glad to hear they'll finally give you surgery and relief! Let us know the date so I can be praying for you.
@aninditasen (13310)
• Raurkela, India
Wishing you a quick recovery. Glad everything went well.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thank you so much.
@FayeHazel (40409)
You got this dear Vicki , my momma still brings up , she is thrilled the results of your surgery. Momma has found it helpful to keep a little food in her stomach at all times. Small nibbles as you can tolerate.
@1creekgirl (35515)
That's good advice. I did really well during the chemo yesterday, but rather achy tonight. No nausea yet, but food already tastes off. Give your mom a hug for me. Who would have thought this VickiClub would give us even more in common? Oh, another thing...we both have wonderful daughters!
@FayeHazel (40409)
@1creekgirl Oh good, I'm happy it's going ok, save for the aches. I'm sorry that you both need to have this in common - but thank you so much. You are both wonderful mommas, too
@FourWalls (53110)
I’m glad they treat you well. With all of the trauma of going through cancer and treatment, it’d be horrible to be pushed around like you were at the DMV or something, Oh, I pray you don’t suffer the nasty side effects of those treatments.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I'm not sure but that dealing with the DMV would be a close second in stress.
I pray that you won’t have any side effects.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thanks, Marie. With God's help, maybe they won't be bad.
Sending hugs and prayers Vicki that you have minimal or no side effects from the chemo.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thank you so much, Marilyn. How's your daughter doing?
@Dena91 (17801)
Praying you don't suffer the side affects from the chemo treatments.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thanks, Dena. So far so good.
@porwest (65022)
Great news and I wish you all the best. Hang in there and continue to keep us posted.
@1creekgirl (35515)
I sure will...you know me!
@Beestring (10450)
Good luck with the therapy. Hope the side effects, if any, will be minimal.
@1creekgirl (35515)
Thanks for your kind words.