I'll Keep Writing Them...

@porwest (81490)
"I'll keep writing them. You can just keep ignoring them." That was literally the end line to someone's bio on a conservative blog I read recently and it made me laugh. Don't all writers of blogs and articles sometimes feel that way? Is this thing on? Is it working? Anyone out there? Of course, most of the time you can see your views and other stats, so it's more of a going joke than something real. Of course people are seeing my stuff. I can see them seeing me. It's just a funny line is all, and it definitely succeeded if you ask me. But it got me thinking of myLot and how sometimes you can write a few posts and you get hardly a wink or a nod. It never deters you. It's just part of the way things work, and it doesn't even necessarily mean what you wrote stunk. It just means it didn't catch on. No big deal. To that end I suppose I will just end this little soliloquy by saying, I'll keep writing them. You can just keep ignoring them.
• Cloverdale, Indiana
I don't mind reading stuff that catch's my eye & most the time what you write catch's my attention to read, it may not always sink in or I may not even have a good answer but I do read it.
@porwest (81490)
I made a decision a while ago that I'm not going to read everything, but if the title stands out and catches my interest, I'll have a peek and read.
• Cloverdale, Indiana
@porwest that's better than doing nothing at all right?
@Deepizzaguy (97972)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I can relate to that since hardly anyone reads my fan fictions on Archive Of Our Own. I enjoy writing my version of super hero adventures that are on reruns on television cartoons and comic books.
@porwest (81490)
It's like my music posts that I share of my covers and original music. Everyone says, "awesome," and "that so cool," and "great job," but I usually only get a couple of responses which means to me, "You suck. We just don't have the heart to tell that to you to your face."
@Deepizzaguy (97972)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@porwest I know what you mean since my original characters are not based on real life celebrities who are really famous.
@kaylachan (62640)
That's what I do. Not everything can be a golden gem.
@porwest (81490)
Nope. It just is what it is sometimes. I'll put them out there. People will do with them whatever they want.
@1creekgirl (41022)
Jim, your posts are some of the few that I definitely always read. I've realized though, that I guess due to the time difference and the time of the posting, I often miss posts by some of my favorite peeps. I guess I need to visit their profile page to see what I've missed.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'll keep reading - most of them anyway.
@porwest (81490)
Hey, not every post is going to be everyone's cup of tea. It is what it is. Even my favorite authors don't get a thumbs up on every single book they write.
@LindaOHio (166181)
I read everything you post. I may not respond to something political at times. Have a good day.
@porwest (81490)
No worries. I would never hold it against anyone, but I do appreciate being read, nonetheless. I also fully understand not every post is going to be everyone's cup of tea.
I almost always read you when I run into you, but you may not know it for sure.
Here, maybe, those of us who have stuck with myLot for so long have a similar mentality . . . of not having certain "expectations". We actually like putting out some words - and hey, if we can get some kind of chat out of it, then cool. We enjoy these little things in life .
Weel we cannot impose what we write to others. I think all we can do is be content on the article they took time to read or like; or maybe we should improve a little to get them curious on our title and make them read the first line of our article until they got caught at it ; which is kinda hard to do.
Actually, that is a great saying for those like me who blog, No matter what happens I will keep blogging but I got lucky today WordPress announced that I have gotten over 1000 followers to my travel blog.
@moffittjc (120049)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've written short, nonsense posts that have garnished widespread response on myLot, and then well-thought out and well-written posts on important topics that have drawn nothing but crickets. Sometimes I think the day of the week and the time of the day have a lot to do with how many people see and respond to posts. But I don't let it slow me down; I love being on this site, and I still will peruse and comment on everyone else's discussions, even if mine are getting ignored
You do that. I'll read and respond.
@lovebuglena (43562)
• Staten Island, New York
I won't stop writing posts but it is a bit disheartening when you post something (and spend a good amount of time on it) and then no likes or comments. And then you are like, "Why bother? No one cares anyway." Doesn't matter if it is here or on another site. Feels the same way.