My wife calls me every day

@ronaldinu (12456)
Malta
My wife calls me every day. Sometimes I really enjoy hearing her voice knowing that someone is thinking about you and that you mean a lot for her. On other times I am busy and I have to hang up quickly. If your partner calls you every day at work, would you like it? Do you think its love or possessiveness?
@guybrush (4665)
I suppose it depends on the kind of job you have. I would only call my husband at work if it were some sort of desperate emergency - he's a teacher and would have to be called out of class to speak to me. Also, I think work is work and home is home. In the days before everyone had mobile phones (cellphones) it would not have been possible to have been phoning people at work in the daytime, and I think a lot of work hours are probably lost with people making personal phone calls when they should be working. If you are the boss and it is your own time, it would be fine, though!
@dawnald (83851)
• Shingle Springs, California
Depends on the relationship. If you have a good, healthy relationship it's love.
@razcal2267 (15577)
It might be love but do you really want to get a call each and every day? For me it would be like I'm not a child stop checking up on me. LOL
@razcal2267 (15577)
Once a day? You are lucky! My sister would trade places with you in a heartbeat. Her husband calls her at least 10 times a day. If she is in the middle of something and needs to rush off the phone he will call back 5 or 10 minutes later. It is insane. I do not know how she puts up with it. I cant think of any relationship that I have been in where I was called or called who I was with while working unless out of having to. I think every now and then getting a call for no reason other then to say hi while at work is great but to get one every day I would just stop answering the phone. I do not think I would say that is it possessive though.
@ronaldinu (12456)
• Malta
thanks for your feedback
@howard96h (11635)
• New York, New York
I think it's nice to hear from that special person in your life but if that person gets upset when your not able to answer the call then that would bother me. This is where text messages come in and I prefer to send and receive a little "I love you" or "I miss you" text so I can answer it when I am able and return the message when I can. Now if my partner gets upset because there is no response to the text's then the phone goes off - see ya when I get home! LOL
@ronaldinu (12456)
• Malta
Text messages are another means of getting in touch when one is busy. Although I admit that sometimes I don't have time to check for my mobile during working hours.
@wolfie34 (26868)
I hate it! When I used to be at home and my ex was forever ringing me at home it was like they were checking up on me and I would dread the phone ringing so in the end I used to pretend I was out and refuse to answer it. Sometimes my ex would ring two or three times and that used to bug the hell out of me, they were at work and I'd be thinking you must be bored at work to keep pestering me, I wouldn't mind but it wasn't important and my ex was only ringing up to moan! Leave me alone!
@jsyjsn (12)
Please be optimstic .It doesn't matter.
@EAStanley (2689)
I think it could be both. If it's ALL the time, probably possessiveness. But just once in a while, awwwww it's just love!
@gemini_rose (16208)
I have the opposite, my hubby phones me everyday from work. Sometimes I really love to hear him. But then sometimes it really irritates me that he does, I just do not see that there is a need for it all the time and it annoys me.
@austere (2819)
i would like that!!!hehehe it's not being possesive..hehe if your wife is possesive then she would not allow you out of your sight!hahaha well, she just loves you so much, she wants to be always beside you and she thinks of you the whole time, that's happy..hehehe but calling 10 times in one days is definitely a different story..hahaha what i mean is okay is when she calls you just from time to time to check, or perhaps just send a text message to know you are fine in the office
I love it when I look at my phone and see my husbands picture pop up on the screen. Just the fact that he's calling me lets me know he's thinking about me. Although we work together we work in different departments but he usually comes down to where I work at and sits in my office for a while. I'm glad that my work environment is flexible enough to be able to do this.
@bombshell (11268)
yes it is great feeling if you hear the voice someone you love.some said you dont feel tiredness after calling your love ones.
@makingpots (11929)
I don't like to call my husband at work. The first thing I say is "Is this a good time?". I just feel he has many more important things to be doing. However, He claims to need to hear my voice. If it is a bad time, he says so and calls me back later. He says that hearing my voice, getting an update on our childs day and being in touch with the outside world helps give him balance in his life. I call my husband once a day because he wants me to. I certainly understand where he is coming from. Sometimes just hearing his voice creates a calm for me.
@chiaeugene (2226)
to me it is neither but rather my wife checking on me because i do not have a good track record. somehow, i do not like her calling every now and then to check on me but i guess i am at fault for making her wanting to do so. frequent calling may also mean that your wife does not trust you in your activities and is trying to spy on you. at least that the case for me.
@ruby222 (4849)
Very often if Mr Ruby is out and about he will call me,if only to say a quick hello,if he is tending his allotment lol then he calls me when he is having a cup of tea.I take it as a compliment,its good to think that someone thinks enough of you to want to telephone you.But if it was constant,then I may feel a little smothered.
@palonghorn (5492)
Somedays he calls me from work just to see how my day is going, or to tell me about his day. However, I never call him at work unless it's a situation where I need an immediate answer. I never know what the situation will be at his office, and I hate interrupting him. Normally we send each other emails throughout the day, it has been that way since we met with the emails. Of course we did meet online to begin with lol. I do like it when he calls me in the middle of his busy day, at least I know he is thinking about me.
@belk89 (1105)
I call it love and not possesiveness when my partner calls me. Though i dont call my hubby at work since i know he is working and calls are prohibited during working hours. So when it is his break time he usually calls me at home to check how am i doing and just to let me know he miss me. I think it is a sweet gesture to our partner when they call just to let us know we are always on there thoughts.
Actually my husband and I seldom call each other when we are working. As I am afraid I will bother him if he has a conference and so on. If I want to say him something, usually I will write him in MSN or send him a SMS if it's important. I love China
@ebsharer (5519)
Well I'm going threw a divorce right now so I don't call any one. But when we were married and happy we called each other often on our cell phones even if at work. Both of us have jobs where we can take calls. If I or he was busy we either woudn't answer or answer and say I'm busy I'll call you back. Both of us knew that if the other didn't answer we would call back as soon as we could. During my pregnancy we came up with the 2 call rule. If I was in labor and he didn't answer I was to call right back then he would know it was a RIGHT NOW call. Now do I think its love or possessiveness? I think its love / friendship. For us we called each other to say hey guess what happend or guess what I heard. We called to tell each other all kinds of things. Who knows maybe that was the problem we were too close.
@nanajanet (4437)
I see my husband every day but I think that I would start to feel like he was checking on me, a bit possessive.
Hy. Me and my bf are talking on the phone every day. He calls me or I call him. If he calls me and I am busy , I said to him that I'm busy and that I'll give him a call when I can. I send him a kiss and hang up.There are days when I call him back after 5 min , an hour , 2-3 , or ...can be days when I call him when I go to home.He is doing exactly the same thing when I call him and he can't speak . I undestand , he undestands. I thing you must talk to your wife about this. If you are at work , you must work, but...if you are at work and you have free time to speak to your wife and this is started to bother you...I don't know...this is not nice from your part...
@checapricorn (16076)
[i]Hi ronald, I have an acquaintance who is always irritated by her husband who will call her 4 or 5 times a day! She doesn't like it but she can' do anything about it..Her husband works as a driver and she knows that he is bored a lot! ANyway, I don't call my hubby often because I know he is always busy and i don't like to bother him..I will sometimes call during lunch break but not everyday...He is also doing the same! Maybe your wife really just miss you..but, that will be fine as long as you will inform her that you are busy this time, I know she will understand that![/i]