Getting the "shakes" or sick and jittery when you're hungry or haven't eaten...

@wheel416 (1022)
Baby enjoying mealtime tremendously? - Clip art image of a baby or toddler enjoying food immensely!
This happens to me all the time, and I am not a doctor, however I'm gonna make an educated guess that it's related to my blood sugar because it happens when I'm hungry. Does this happen to anyone else? What is it that you think causes it for you personally? More importantly, what are the best foods for me to eat when I feel this way, to raise my blood sugar as quickly but as safely as possible? I'm interested in hearing your personal experiences with this and what works best for you to get rid of it as quickly and safely as possible. For what it's worth, I drank a glass of 100% real fruit juice as it has natural sugars which I thought my body would absorb quickly (as it's a liquid), and hold it stable until I could eat something more substantial. Was this the right thing to do? Any information you could give me on the best foods to eat when this happens will be greatly appreciated. Happy Mylotting!