Feb. 18th and my neighbors are having a garage sale....in Minnesota!

@jillhill (37386)
It's another beautiful day. We seemed to have escaped winter this year so far...and today my old neighbors are having a garage sale!!! I have never been to one in Feb.! Have you? Is the weather where you live nice enough to have a garage sale? It unreal!
@secretbear (19466)
Hi Jill! Is it really unusual there to hold a garage sale in this time of month? Oh, I just thought, is it heavily snowing there in your place? That's the only reason I can think of for not having a garage sale. Here, we can hold a garage sale anytime we want. Although, it is not advisable to hold garage sales when it's raining because people tend to stay at their homes and watch TV instead of going out and visit garage sales.
@jillhill (37386)
The weather has been so beautiful that it's amazing! No snow!
@carmelanirel (20979)
Wow, I didn't think of that, but I am sure if the community I live in were not so strict about garage sales, (only 2 a year and they pick the dates, unless it is a moving sale)that some would have a sale this weekend too..It was beautiful today, but I ended up dog sitting for a dog who was not so cooperative, so I spend most of the best parts of the day trying to gain his trust..
@jillhill (37386)
You were a busy girl then....they had a good sale...so nice out!
Well good news, I gained his trust by the time I had to feed him in the evening and now he is doing great..:)
The weather here in Ohio is still hanging in there. We've had a very mild winter in compared to the usual snow, snow, snow. No, I've never have been to a garage sale in February and actually never even thought about it. Now you got me and I'm going to check out the paper to see if there is any, lol! I absolutely LOVE garage sales. It might be a wee bit chilly here yet but I would give it a shot if there was one around. I wish I owned a house so I could have my own garage sale. I have tons of stuff I'd like to sell but some weigh to much to go on Ebay. I might try Craigslist but I'm leary of that, seeing I live alone and don't relish the thought of some weirdo coming over to look at items..ew. Let us know if you went to the garage sale and what little treasures you found!
@jillhill (37386)
I actually did.....I got a light up nativity for a dollar...a beautiful Hallmark Santa for my daughter for a buck....and two sets of snowmen napkin rings with the tags still on them for fifty cents a piece....I know what you mean by craigs list....my son and I stopped in the cities to by something one time and even he was scared to go to the door....so I had my phone set to call 911 if needed! LOL......turns out we didn't and he loaded my car with more stuff then we origionally went to buy!
Wow, you got a lot of nice items! Don't you just love a great deal. That's why I love garage sales...one man's garbage is another man's treasure. I bought some really super stuff to go into my apartment when I moved. Everything seemed to just work out perfectly for what I was looking for, and that was a happy day, lol! And cheap too! I know, that's why I'm sooooo leary about Craigslist, haha. Too much crime in the world today so it makes us much more leary. I'm glad all went well for you and you found some super cool stuff! I did look to see if there were any garage sales here and yes, there were a few which I found fascinating. Ya can't beat it!
That's amazing!!! Are there actually people coming to see it? I couldn't imagine. We have had a pretty mild winter by Canadian standards, but it's still been way too cold to have a friggen garage sale. LOL Hard to believe people are having garage sales in February, in the Northern Hemisphere.
@jillhill (37386)
They had a very good turnout. I bet people were hunrgy for a sale and on a nice day! Wow!
They keep saying global warming is bad , but if this means no snow I can get used to it! Today was cool and sunny. But snow is in the forecast for Sunday.Oh well it was good while it lasted.
@jillhill (37386)
We are supposed to get a little on Monday....so they scored with the weather.
That was something that I would see during the time we were in Florida, but I've never seen one during the winter in the north. However, considering how mild the winter has been in many areas this year in the north, I suppose that it shouldn't be a surprise that some are feeling inspired to have garage or yard sales.
@jillhill (37386)
THey had a perfect day for it!
@JenInTN (27565)
It has been crazy nice here too but I think we are about to pay for it. Although it was 60 today, we are supposed to be getting snow tonight!!! We haven't seen any real snow any this year..a little dusting but nothing much. The tulips are already blooming! Crazy.
@jillhill (37386)
It is soooo crazy!
@lilybug (21148)
I have never been to a garage sale in February before. I don't recall seeing one in February either. The weather hear has been all over the place. A few days ago we had 4 inches of snow and by the next morning it was ALL melted. It is in the mid 40's today and will be in the mid 40's - low 50's all week.
@jillhill (37386)
It is such a nice change from the usual cold and snow!
It's 43 degrees here, rainy and foggy. It's not a good day for a garage sale. This week has been alternately nice and then not so nice. It was warm earlier in the week, but now it's pretty darn cold.
@jillhill (37386)
We think that 43 is warm....so it was a perfect day. I see they had alot of traffic...people miss going to them I think.
@cher913 (25893)
well, it seems that it is a little too early to have a garage sale. i am in Canada and actually south of you folks but here, while it is warmish out (feels sort of like the middle of march, actually) we still have a little snow on the ground and i dont think you would have much action just yet if we had one here.
@jillhill (37386)
This might have been the time to have it! They had alot of traffic this morning....hopefully they had a great sale.
It is very warm here too for February! It is crazy but I like it. =) People are having lots of yard sales here. My kiddos can go out and play without freezing, so nice! We went to the park yesterday because it was so nice out. I am loving the warmth. This year has been a great winter.
@jillhill (37386)
Just loving it~!
Hey, I'm in Minnesota too! I have to say it was a little chilly this morning but I think (here in Minneapolis) the high is like 30 or something today, and sunny! Which is amazing. This winter has been a DREAM COME TRUE - totally unlike last winter with all the snow and ice storms and whatnot. A few weeks ago, in the beginning of February, I was wearing a t-shirt outside (it was like 45 degrees that day), and I was thinking - wow! T-Shirt weather in February...In Minnesota! What the heck! I'm just waiting for us to get piled on with snow though. I am convinced it's going to happen in March. *shrugs*. Have fun at your garage sale!
@jillhill (37386)
I think March might be the month too!