***Administrative Advisement*** Re: suggestion feature decision

After 24 hours and nearly 100 replies, my post regarding the altering of the suggestion feature has run it's course. As I'm sure you are now aware, it is no longer up. While the feed back was great, I was a little surprised at the battle ground it seemed to become. I understand that it was the most controversial topic since the DSR rating system and that feelings ran high on the matter. But that level of heated debate, and sometimes out right arguing, was still a bit of a surprise. There were some great suggestions made as an alternative, some of which may still be used for future upgrades. However, in the end the solution that was easiest to implement with lowest chance for unintended bugs was to remove the ability to suggest your own discussions. This also seemed to be the overwhelming consensus among myLot's members. I realize that this is not going to make everyone happy. I don't think there was an easy to implement solution that would have made everyone happy. But we hope this will at least be a workable solution that will also leave the door open for additional enhancements in the future. As things progress, there will be more time and resources to put in place some of the more complex suggestions down the road. As for right now, we are going to continue to work on some of the more immediate needs and bugs, which will hopefully over all be more beneficial to members at large. Thanks again everyone for your input and again, I apologize to those that may not have been as favorable to this solution. But it really was the most practical, all around method of addressing the issue. ***This discussion is not to continue the debate, merely to inform you of the change.***
@valmnz (13162)
• New Zealand
Thanks for letting g us know, this was the first thing I noticed after posting my first discussion of the day. You're doing a great job, so thank you.
thank you for sharing this post to me.
@Rollo1 (16725)
• Boston, Massachusetts
It's all good. I never use the feature anyway. I think it will cut down on the complaints about suggestions.
there's no way to appease the masses 'n i congrat'cha 'n tendin' to this so quickly.
@poehere (17858)
• French Polynesia
I liked suggestions but the majority rules and I accept the outcome with no arguments. For now like the admin said it was the cheapest solution to fix this problem. I suggest that you keep sending in your ideas and suggestion to the admin and maybe soon they can implement a few of them. I hope they will find a good working solution to help us find the people we follow posts a little easier that one would be nice. In till then I am happy it all worked out in the end. A little sad for me but all in all it was the right way to do this. .
@PhredWreck (6095)
*starts following some people again*
@yukimori (8547)
@sishy7 (27305)
@PhredWreck Oh yeah, it must have taken you forever to start again...
@sishy7 (27305)
@yukimori And I thought I was special...
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
well that sucks! A bit rash too..
• Islamabad, Pakistan
yes right
@shshiju (9321)
• Cochin, India
Ya of course.
I love the way this site responds to us the users, and keeps us in the loop. Thank you so much.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
You will never keep everybody happy but I'm delighted with your decision
@rosekiss (30151)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for telling us, as I finally realized that the suggest tab is gone from my discussions, so I figured that it was removed so we don't suggest our own, which I only did once anyway. You have to do what you think is best for the good of mylot.
@owlwings (38177)
• Cambridge, England
Thanks for the update! Now we shall see DOZENS of discussions either saying the same thing or asking where the Suggest button went! Whaddya goin' to do about those? Yet another good reason for putting a "Help" menu item (next to "Explore" - there's room for it, see?) which contains all the usual stuff AND 'pinned' advisements like this!
I've already seen a few, and I believe Alex deleted some yesterday while I was busy elsewhere.
Thank you kindly for the update, and also for the chance to let us voice our opinions on the matter. Much appreciated.
You cannot please everybody, but this has been a good and wise solution. Now I hope that people stop to complain about suggestions.
@Lushlala (832)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@LadyDuck You certainly can't please all of the people all of the time. You just have to do what needs doing.
No matter what the final decision is, you listened and took peoples' feeling/thoughts/ideas into consideration and that's great.
@wetnosedogs (1577)
Very well done.
• Marion, Kansas
We appreciate the thoughtfulness that goes into maintaining this site and the communication as well.
@fufurinha (11388)
• Portugal
Not everyone will be happy with the change but your are the bosses ahaha By the way, thank you so much for listening to us and congratulations for your quick action.
@Lushlala (832)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@fufurinha....I agree :) Listening to members is always the mark of a good admin team.
@fufurinha (11388)
• Portugal
@Lushlala Yes, it is the step number one.
@vandana7 (57495)
I was arguing with lamby for the sake of arguing. Nothing serious.
@savak03 (6686)
It is always fun to argue with lamby.
@vandana7 (57495)
I love the communications here. Thanks for the update.
Thank you for the update.
What a relief!!! There was a time my suggest box had more than 300 all being their own posts. I will suggest this post now. Off I go (lol)